More Nintendo NX leaks including price

Master Disaster

This one's a video source so I'll break down the meat of it then post the video for you all to watch. 

Caveat: this info was posted by a single anonymous (though verified) source over at reddit, take it with a grain of salt.. Source claims to have seen NX marketing & promotional material. 

System definitely uses cartridges 

Nintendo aiming for 1080p60 in console mode

Aiming for 900p in handheld mode (that's pretty huge compared to 3ds)

Marketing tagline will be "interact with your games on the go" 

Nintendo will launch Zelda BOTW with the system alongside an unspecified Mario title (imo it will be Mario Maker) and 2 other titles giving the system 4 launch titles 

Nintendo will price NX @ $299 for the console or $399 for an unspecified bundle

System will be white & blue

Current packaging has the system called Nintendo NX, maybe it's final name? 

Source

Some actual new information here. I'm actually in agreement with the Know, Nintendo should just hurry up and announce the thing now. It's getting a little silly with all these leaks and the fact they still claim it will be on sale by March 2017.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

There are so many rumors about this system that it's impossible to take any of them too seriously. That said if this one if true the price is decent. That $399 bundled would probably include a game or two (Maybe both Zelda and Mario Maker, if that's the unspecificed Mario game) or maybe it'll be a system with a bigger harddrive and a game or something. 

1 minute ago, Derangel said:

There are so many rumors about this system that it's impossible to take any of them too seriously. That said if this one if true the price is decent. That $399 bundled would probably include a game or two (Maybe both Zelda and Mario Maker, if that's the unspecificed Mario game) or maybe it'll be a system with a bigger harddrive and a game or something. 

Usually I'd agree but I feel this info is so specific it must be true, I mean he knows pricing, taglines and even the colour of the system.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

So wait, this thing will be both a handheld and a console? o.O

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

It will "apparently" be a tablet like handheld device with a base station/dock for big screen gaming. The tablet is meant to be Tegra based with the base station having a dedicated GPU built in. 

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

It will "apparently" be a tablet like handheld device with a base station/dock for big screen gaming. The tablet is meant to be Tegra based with the base station having a dedicated GPU built in. 

Wellp, sounds like once again nintendo isnt getting my money.

There are very conflicting rumours about what the console could be. 
There have been several leaks that talk about a handheld part (so 3DS replacement) that also can be connected to base unit, which has extra CPU and GPU, making it a full home console. 
There are also other rumours saying that it's first and foremost a base unit, but you can disconnect a handheld device and have som kind of "companion app" like features off it. 

The first one sounds really nice, but expensive. The latter part sounds more realistic, but the handheld part seems very under utilized and surely just a gimmick that most people won't care about. 

There are also rumours saying that the handheld and home console is completely separate unit, as in, both of them function by them self. But they will just be closely related. This aligns more with what Nintendo have done the past years with Wii U and 3DS. Two differnet systems, but they've been working hard on delivering the same game for both systems (Super Smash, Yoshi's Woolly World, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Maker, Super Mario 3D Land/World (kinda)). 

All in all, what I hope it is, is that we will have a good home console (so up to PS4 levels of power), and a separate handheld, where both would be able to play the same games, just at much lower graphical settings for the handheld device of course. And have save games sync. 

Oh, and the most recent "Leak" (quite possibly fake) is that the name is Nintendo Duo

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

At this point i just want the Nintendo Direct with the reveal, i dunno what they are waiting for if they have set a price and marketing already, i bet they going to announce the livestream a day before like they have done recently with games.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

This one's a video source so I'll break down the meat of it then post the video for you all to watch. 

Caveat: this info was posted by a single anonymous (though verified) source over at reddit, take it with a grain of salt.. Source claims to have seen NX marketing & promotional material. 

System definitely uses cartridges 

Yeah lol no. Sorry but this is a deal breaker. If I'm using a gaming system, it downloads content and does not use cartridges.

Nintendo aiming for 1080p60 in console mode

Nice. Only question is why this isn't the same in handheld mode.

Aiming for 900p in handheld mode (that's pretty huge compared to 3ds)

Marketing tagline will be "interact with your games on the go" 

And as usual, technology companies love to come up with terrible taglines for good products.

Nintendo will launch Zelda BOTW with the system alongside an unspecified Mario title (imo it will be Mario Maker) and 2 other titles giving the system 4 launch titles 

Nintendo will price NX @ $299 for the console or $399 for an unspecified bundle

System will be white & blue

Really? What if I want it just black? or just blue?

Limiting colour choices is a bit silly.

Pricing seems nice though :)

Current packaging has the system called Nintendo NX, maybe it's final name? 

Nice. My two favorite letters, N and X in the same word.

Source

Some actual new information here. I'm actually in agreement with the Know, Nintendo should just hurry up and announce the thing now.

On the contrary. They should ensure that is has the highest specifications and performance that it can have.

Waiting to announce it may mean that it might get better specs by the time it is announced.

It's getting a little silly with all these leaks and the fact they still claim it will be on sale by March 2017.

I haven't seen a single leak so idk what you're talking about there.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

1600x900 sure is a step up from 854x480

Then again, it's also like saying 45 fps is a step up from 30fps.

Neither are ideal but one is tolerable.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah lol no. Sorry but this is a deal breaker. If I'm using a gaming system, it downloads content and does not use cartridges.

The 3DS can download games, there is no reasons why the NX won't.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

This isnt meant to replace the 3DS is it?

It may if it's successful enough.

2 Birds, one stone.

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

This isnt meant to replace the 3DS is it?

According to rumours it will replace both the Wii U and the 3DS.     

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

-snip-

Wah, to think that Pokemon in this console has the potential to look super sick.

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

According to rumours it will replace both the Wii U and the 3DS.     

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Wah, to think that Pokemon in this console has the potential to look super sick.

Makes sense.

The 3Ds and Wii U were never the most mainstream products ever. They were always super niche.

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

-snip-

People who upgraded from the 3DS/3DS XL to the New 3DS/3DS XL will probably regret theyr purchase in the long term, especially with minimal performance difference.

Groomlake Authority

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

Makes sense.

The 3Ds and Wii U were never the most mainstream products ever. They were always super niche.

The 3DS sold well, way better than the vita and it had gotten a sale boost recently. The Wii U even wasn't so bad.

Pascal laptops guide

single anonymous (though verified) soruce

How do you fucking verify an anonymous source? That's just taking some random fucker's word for it on reddit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 10/12/2016 at 6:21 AM, manikyath said:

Yea. Apparently (based on rumors), it will have a Nvidia Tegra X1 or X2 chip (The X2 chip specs was never revealed by Nvidia, and the Nvidia Sheild with the X2 chip was canceled). Based on rumors, the X2 chips is close in performance to the XBox One and uses Pascal GPU architecture with full Vulkan support.

Apparently, the console will have 2 modes: high performance, and power saver. When plugged onto its dock, the Tegra chip will go full power and provide you with the close to XBox One performance, and on the go on battery, the chip will reduce power consumption a lot, and hence downclock a lot to give you more battery life. Games will know if the console is plugged in or not, and can adjust game visuals accordingly. As for the LCD screen on the portable unit, I hear it will be 720p. 900p is new to me. 720p ~6inch screen is perfectly fine, you don't see the pixels. I have a WiiU, and this is what it has (edit: it has a 480p display. Sorry.. but looks pretty good surprisingly). Another possibility is that game developers can make a different game when on battery, kinda like a mobile version of a game that ties itself with the main game. That said, unless that game was already aimed for mobile phone release, I doubt this will be true due to the added dev cost.. but, nonetheless, a possibility that game devs can do.

The price is likely correct, as this is the target price for Nintendo based on investors meetings, I believe (going by memory, sorry if it is wrong).

Nintendo has confirmed that they will reveal the NX this year. However, the console will be sold in March.

This is a smart move... unlike the WiiU, where it was announced a year and a half before it was sold. Now, it is a couple of months, and while it won't make it this holiday seasons (probably good, as it would else compete with the XBox One S, PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro), in March, people will have money again after the holidays. With a strong line-up of games, it will sell well.

Apparently, also, Nintendo, for a first time, are actually working actively with developers for the NX. It is no longer this console that Nintendo developers for themselves, and other can make games for it. It has dev feedback from it. As a result, devs, based on so claim leaks, are claiming it is easy to develop on. This is probably helped by the fact that the GPU of the Tegra is a full Pascal chip (I mean in feature support. So it supports full OpenGL and Vulkan, and all Nvidia libraries... possibly even GameWorks and such (although, of course, a fraction of the performance of a GeForce 1080)

my brother will be so excited for when its announced. he pretty much only plays minecraft and Mario (mostly Mario games) and he is real excited for the NX. I am too since i want to see all of the specs and the fact that it is supposedly the handheld+home console thing, which i want to know how they will get it to work

The smartest idiot you will ever find

This is actually sounding quite interesting to me. If I ever spend a dime on a console again, it will be Nintendo. Not the abominations created by Sony and MS. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

8 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

As for the LCD screen on the portable unit, I hear it will be 720p. 900p is new to me. 720p ~6inch screen is perfectly fine, you don't see the pixels. I have a WiiU, and this is what it has.

Slight correction/clarification, the Wii U GamePad has a 480p display. It's also a fairly compressed image because it's being streamed. So a 720p display would be a huge leap from the Wii U GamePad and probably just as big a leap from the 240p (though uncompressed) 3DS display. 

That said, the fact that this supposed leak says 900p sets my BS detector off. Nintendo has always made a big deal about the Virtual Console. 720p divides fairly neatly into 240p which was the standard resolution for the NES and N64. It also divides better into 480p even though it's not quite perfect. 900p doesn't make much sense. Why go 900p when 720p, 960p and 1080p are so much better for scaling?

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing