Can I use Brita water tho?

8 hours ago, DocShay said:

How do you get food or essential living items if you never leave your house?

Forget that; ask whoever "delivers" your food and essential living items - to pick you up a bottle of distilled water from wal-mart or wherever the magic food person goes.

To answer your question, my father. He does all the shopping since he does all the cooking. Also, my family and I have a genetic hatred for walmart. We will probably never shop for a corporation as evil as they are.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

52 minutes ago, The Cool n00B said:

To answer your question, my father. He does all the shopping since he does all the cooking. Also, my family and I have a genetic hatred for walmart. We will probably never shop for a corporation as evil as they are.

You can get distilled water from basically anywhere that sells gallon bottles of water. Costco has them, Target has them, Aldi has them, you name it, they got it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

If its from a glacier you can boil and use it in the loop, In theory. Don't quote me on that.

19 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Bottled water contains minerals and Brita filters are shams, they don't filter minerals and add bacteria!

Old article but still relevant;

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/19/are-water-filters-bs.html

I swear to the holy spirits that I don't believe in that Brita water tastes better than tap, at least the tap at my home, and if nothing else the Brita is good cold water pitcher.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

On 10/12/2016 at 0:35 AM, The Cool n00B said:

roight, gotcha

i like the way you think, but special water costs $20 from amazon, so I'll hit up newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9AB3T28099

A gallon of distilled water costs like a dollar at any grocery store or pharmacy dude.  Have your dad grab a gallon of water with a red cap next time he buys thing.  Or if you're really lazy, go into your parent's garage and find a bottle of antifreeze.  I used to just run 25% green antifreeze/75% distilled water.  After I made some changes to my loop, I now run 15% propylene glycol/85% distilled water with a killcoil in my res.  The PG switch was because I wasn't comfortable with a bunch of ethylene glycol in something on the floor within reach of a small child.

Another option is actually doing something yourself.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

On 10/12/2016 at 0:08 AM, The Cool n00B said:

what a ripoff tho

Just like a bad circumcision

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

You asked if it would work. And we told you no. You want distilled h2o. Yes all others have some biological in them, yes it will hurt your system. Either get distilled, order a premix or deal with consequences. Happy cooling