Killzone Shadow Fall can handle 24 enemy AIs before “framerate drops"

Snickerzz

Now first off this isn't a bad thing.. just read :)

With a new engine and new tech the most “obvious” improvements Boltjes highlights are, “more memory [and] more graphical power on screen”. But better looks aren’t what he considers the most important thing about the move to PS4. “For me as a game designer what I was really interested in was getting more gameplay elements on screen. More enemy types at the same time, more weapon types. Bigger areas. For me that gives us a lot more ingredients to play around with. Previously we were limited. You could have six or seven guys on screen, only two types, and it had to be at a specific range”. The ability to throw more on screen has allowed the lead designer to, “open up much more” and enabled the studio to create the more open ‘gameplay bubbles’ Killzone Shadow Fall is built around.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/10/16/killzone-shadow-fall-can-handle-24-enemy-ais-what-happens-at-25-framerate-drops-says-guerrilla/

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Quite interesting, still it doesnt compare to fish AI

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I won't buy a PS4 anytime soon so they can put 100 Ais on screen and I wouldn't care more. 

144Hz goodness

That isn't anything to be writing home about.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I won't buy a PS4 anytime soon so they can put 100 Ais on screen and I wouldn't care more. 

Im sure a decently powerful pc would struggle a lot, think about bf3 campaign or the crysis 3 campaign, they only put up around 10 enemies on you at max, bf3 goes up to around 15 sometimes. 24 enemies at once is actually a bigger achievement then you would think. Its an even bigger achievement when the coding is advanced to make the enemies tougher. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Only 24?

What a huge disappointment.

Now I'm wondering...whatever happened to "MAG" for PS3?

24 is not much imo if it is a big map. Don't really see why you would want more than 2 different types of enemies in the game. Usually in games I just see around 2-3 types.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

24 is not much imo if it is a big map. Don't really see why you would want more than 2 different types of enemies in the game. Usually in games I just see around 2-3 types.

24 on screen? That's quite a big number actually.

Afaik there's a difference between AI on Screen and AI that's not in the field of view. Halo Reach had could handle like 40 characters on the Battlefield but I doubt it did with 10+ at the screen at once.

Im sure a decently powerful pc would struggle a lot, think about bf3 campaign or the crysis 3 campaign, they only put up around 10 enemies on you at max, bf3 goes up to around 15 sometimes. 24 enemies at once is actually a bigger achievement then you would think. Its an even bigger achievement when the coding is advanced to make the enemies tougher. 

I didn't say it wasn't an achievement but there's not one game I care less about than Killzone Shadow Fall... maybe Fifa.

144Hz goodness

Wow I didn't even know they had to limit the number of AI characters on last gen consoles that's just comical xD

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Wow I didn't even know they had to limit the number of AI characters on last gen consoles that's just comical xD

Crysis 3 had the hardest mode missing on Ps3/Xbox360, because they couldn't do more and complex enemys.

RTX2070OC