Headphone recommendation

ShadowSlayer

I have heard Philips SHP9500 is good, and comfortable with glasses (I think the pads are really soft?)

But if you love bass, they are not for you.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

16 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Lol giving op better options for cheaper is what?

Hmm

Btw I'm far from audiophile

Read his signature

What about my signature? Huh? Maybe put a brand on them, I find the soundstage on the DT770 to be above average and that I know what personal preference is and that no people hear excatly the same thing.

try and get your hearing tested and compare it to other people, you will find that you might have a drop in x Hz and they don't or the other way around. 

5 minutes ago, pas008 said:

SNIP

Put a god damn name on them, maybe I have just never heard people call them fischer clones. 

"claims" ha, I think that I have proofed it many times. 

We just disagree about the DT770, deal with it instead of this BS that you have going on.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

what?

claiming to know headphones

but not know fischer clones

the dt770s bass overwhelms positional sound which is needed for most fps gaming

when there are better options

and telling a owner of dt770s they are great for it when owner has other closed back headphones that do it better

plz read the thread

How does bass affects soundstage? That doesn't make sense in the first place. Fischer is also a mediocre brand that focuses more on asthetics, many of their headphones are just mods with some wood and pattern thrown it. While dt770 soundstage is honestly just average, I think you're over underestimating it for gaming and it's on par with the clouds. Op also have other criterias like comfort with glasses and non-pleather pads, not everyone is looking to be some wannabe pro gamer that needs maximum soundstage that honestly matters so little unless he wants to go for fully open pair.

Guess i don't own them and cant tell the positional cues are lacking compared to other closed headphones i own

My Fischer clones and my cals do positional way better

Im not underestimating

Btw people don't completely hear different they prefer a their own signature sound hence why we have eqs

But for positional sound it doesn't really change that's why games are made with considering HRTF

The dt770 lack postional cues when other low sounds are made

And for comfort no one Can say anything cuz we aren't the op 

But comfort wise all three i mention are comforting but the fa-003 clones are like pillows on your ears

3 hours ago, pas008 said:

The dt770 lack postional cues when other low sounds are made

I call bull. I also own the DT770, and the bass is hardly overwhelming. The sound stage is fine, and positional cues work just fine on them, even when there's bass going on. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

8 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I call bull. I also own the DT770, and the bass is hardly overwhelming. The sound stage is fine, and positional cues work just fine on them, even when there's bass going on. 

Yep I'm just making shit up

And so is mad lust envys guide too

And many other reviews

7 hours ago, pas008 said:

Yep I'm just making shit up

And so is mad lust envys guide too

And many other reviews

This quick guide is for Headphone gaming WITH virtual surround (I personally use Dolby Headphone). NOT stereo, so those looking at this guide as a headphone guide for stereo gaming will need to note that my reviews aren't based on stereo gaming. I play most games with virtual surround DSPs like Dolby Headphone and THX Tru Studio, so I CAN'T make suggestions to those who wanna play in plain stereo, as I find most headphones to be on a more level playing field in stereo due to the lack of dimensionality in plain stereo

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-3-18-2016-mrspeakers-ether-c-1-1-added

I'm assuming that's what you're talking about? Like everything on headfi, take it with a grain of salt not gospel. The "competitive" rating is comparing headphones soundstage with VSS, something that is just impossible from my experience and is more dependent on the software used.

14 minutes ago, iShad said:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-3-18-2016-mrspeakers-ether-c-1-1-added

I'm assuming that's what you're talking about? Like everything on headfi, take it with a grain of salt not gospel. The "competitive" rating is comparing headphones soundstage with VSS, something that is just impossible from my experience and is more dependent on the software used.

I have seen many threads from many sites of users having issues not hearing footsteps/movement like I do with them

I have used them with o2 combo, onboard chips, monoprice, zxr(external mod), x7 etc

great headphones for everything except fps gaming where positional accuracy is needed for sound

19 minutes ago, pas008 said:

I have seen many threads from many sites of users having issues not hearing footsteps/movement like I do with them

I have used them with o2 combo, onboard chips, monoprice, zxr(external mod), x7 etc

great headphones for everything except fps gaming where positional accuracy is needed for sound

I still think you're wrong about that.

In fact, I was just playing CS:GO with mine, and I top fragged. Even heard someone walking behind me, and noscoped him in the head with my scout. There definitely isn't an issue with these cans and positional audio. Also, I would love to see these threads from "many sites" as you haven't actually posted any sources.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

11 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I still think you're wrong about that.

In fact, I was just playing CS:GO with mine, and I top fragged. Even heard someone walking behind me, and noscoped him in the head with my scout. There definitely isn't an issue with these cans and positional audio. Also, I would love to see these threads from "many sites" as you haven't actually posted any sources.

lol pics?

I'll still stand by my opinion, actually posted pic of mine here

actually suggested other options

I mean, I'm not sure why it's so important to you that someone post a photo that they actually own the stuff they're talking about. Seriously, being right on the internet is not important enough to me to lie about the gear that I own. I am an adult, after all (well, according to the law, anyway. I sure as shit don't feel like I am sometimes...)

http://imgur.com/57SZN0L

Happy?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

2 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I mean, I'm not sure why it's so important to you that someone post a photo that they actually own the stuff they're talking about. Seriously, being right on the internet is not important enough to me to lie about the gear that I own. I am an adult, after all (well, according to the law, anyway. I sure as shit don't feel like I am sometimes...)

http://imgur.com/57SZN0L

Happy?

yes, I am just stating my opinion

also its a nice pic