Just a thought. You think people would be willing to pay for a iPhone 7 3.5mm jack mod?

goodtofufriday

It'd be super simple. Remove the stereo speaker and replace it with a headphone jack. if need be mix the removed speakers audio with the remaining one. 

IDK, I think it'd be popular, and if the lightning adapter really is just a passthrough for the on board DAC then it would be easy to do. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

3 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i'm thinking a bulky case with a 3.5mm jack routed to the lightning port, and an extra battery built-in. 

I want one for my nexus 6p that also adapts it to microusb

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

you can always get a tiny adapter 

https://www.amazon.com/TechMatte-Connector-Resistor-Approved-Standard/dp/B0151RKYBG?th=1

can be lost easily though. 

And I will loose them.

You're talking about people who spent 750$+ on a phone without a jack. If they wanted the jack so badly they could have chosen any of countless cheaper alternatives that do have one. Or even an older iPhone. So no, I don't think a lot of them would be willing to pay for the jack, save perhaps those diversely intelligent individuals who believed they could drill a hole in it to get one.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'll probably never own an iPhone but this applies to all companies for anything. Why don't they poll their customers like a year in advance anymore? Ask the community which features they'd like improved, removed or added. Letting "marketing professionals" decide the fate of a product doesn't always have the best of outcomes.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

2 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

I'll probably never own an iPhone but this applies to all companies for anything. Why don't they poll their customers like a year in advance anymore? Ask the community which features they'd like improved, removed or added. Letting "marketing professionals" decide the fate of a product doesn't always have the best of outcomes.

They sometimes do, but it often results in a product which is just full of compromise. People value certain things, and if you're a company like Apple, where the focus is very much aesthetic, you really don't want to be giving your designers and engineers a brief that will result in conflict. It's just easier if you decide in house what kind of product you want to make rather than trying to harness the untempered storm of limitless opinion by opening up these decisions to the consumer. It also (theoretically) stops people complaining when you don't include a certain feature that there is a high demand for. It kind of reminds me of the saying: "A camel is a horse designed by committee".

22 hours ago, Maxxie said:

They sometimes do, but it often results in a product which is just full of compromise. People value certain things, and if you're a company like Apple, where the focus is very much aesthetic, you really don't want to be giving your designers and engineers a brief that will result in conflict. It's just easier if you decide in house what kind of product you want to make rather than trying to harness the untempered storm of limitless opinion by opening up these decisions to the consumer. It also (theoretically) stops people complaining when you don't include a certain feature that there is a high demand for. It kind of reminds me of the saying: "A camel is a horse designed by committee".

I guess, although then we end up with an excess of impractical features. E.G: Laptops with a 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD instead of just a 500GB SSD. Another example could be opting out of laptop speakers for more cooling vents & heat sinks. More customization via modularity is what Apple & other companies I feel really need to implement.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3