Spotify Email from Apple looks very shady

The email address looks legit, no_reply@support.apple.com says Click on link in email to dispute charges. Links to some numbered address like 123.456.789.012.

I am worried now. Because I clicked on that link. Email states they are charging us $20 or refunding us. We still havent figured it out. No one in the family uses it.

I bought a WiFi analyzer app and that address is no_reply@email.apple.com.

Its all very strange. I am going to give Apple a call. Then tell Visa to refund us our money. Its either Apple or Spotify is trying to rip us off. Its probably a free app, then in miniscule print is the scam right.

That link to some numbered address is a fake website used to collect and steal your information. You can also spoof an email address about as easy as 1, 2, 3, as the saying goes.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Yeah I am lucky I caught that numbered web address. Even the linked web address looks official.

The sender email looks legit to me. I guess they can spoof anything these days.

We also receieved another email on another seperate email account. It looked bad right away. Something about a Film Rental, but the address was someones name. That email has nothing to do with iTunes. But the Spotify email we use for iTunes.

I am sure countless suckers have gotten caught on these phishing scams.

I emailed iTunes from their webpage on the desktop about the Spotify email.

Since I clicked on the link in the email, but did not enter any info - Do I have to reset the ipad?

Reseting ipad won't help much since it's gonna erase everything and the problem is email but do so if you want. Change email password is what I suggest

That number above is IP address. It is origated in Ottawa, Ontario

More specifically

107 Florence Street

Maybe that could be something familiar to you?

Got something similar this morning. Being right in the morning, I opened the link inside the email right away thinking "Oh shit"- but once I got to the website that it took me to (which looked very nice btw) it asked me for my social security I was like "what the hell?" Canada doesnt have SSN's.. and then the puzzle started to fit together lol

Note to self: Dont check your emails the second you wake up.

Capture.JPG

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Yes even the links webpage looked official, but the numbered web address is what caught my eye.

So if I did not enter any info on the page (did not enter email address nor PW), is the iPad still secure, or did the link download something nasty onto the iPad, perhaps a keylogger?

I am good with 99.999999%

If I didnt have 1000's apps/games and kids games on it I would totally reset it.

6 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

iPads are really hard to design crapware for, you're like 99.99999999999℅ good. But hell, factory reset anyways, right? Wouldn't hurt