Will You Accept this Behavior ?

wowotek

For first scenario : Let's say you have 2 friends, both really like to download the pirate version for whatever software they like but the one of them have capability to buy the software and the other is not. what would you do to them? if they is very strict with his opinion to always use the pirate version. how will you treat him ?

Second Scenario : You have a friend that have capability to buy the game anytime. but he is a bit skeptical about new game so he want to try the pirate version first, if he likes it he will buy. even there is possibility to refund the game. what will you say to him ? what if he is strict and what if he is not strict about his opinion ?

31 minutes ago, wowotek said:

For first scenario : Let's say you have 2 friends, both really like to download the pirate version for whatever software they like but the one of them have capability to buy the software and the other is not. what would you do to them? if they is very strict with his opinion to always use the pirate version. how will you treat him ?

Second Scenario : You have a friend that have capability to buy the game anytime. but he is a bit skeptical about new game so he want to try the pirate version first, if he likes it he will buy. even there is possibility to refund the game. what will you say to him ? what if he is strict and what if he is not strict about his opinion ?

#1: For the guy who can't afford the games, if it were me, it would depend on his financial situation. Where does he live? I would turn a blind eye to the occasional pirating, as long as he saved up his money to buy a game every now and then. For the guy who can afford the games? I'd tell him he should buy the games, since he can afford it. By literally pirating every game, he's hurting the games industry.

#2: I'd tell him to man the fuck up, buy the game, and return it using the legal Steam and/or Origin refund policies that exist. With the combination of Game Reviews (In-depth ones like "TotalBiscuit WTF Is..." and AngryJoe reviews), Let's Play's, and Steam Refunds, there's no reason to pirate a game to try it out anymore.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Where i live,pirating is normal and even legal per say. 

I dont judge, i actually only like to buy original versions If there is média included (i have 8 original Wii games for example,more than everyone i know combined)

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Lol I don't care. Let them do whatever they want. 

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

1 minute ago, Taja said:

I dont judge, i actually only like to buy original versions If there is média included (i have 8 original Wii games for example,more than everyone i know combined)

That depends on the region. If you live in a "Western" (High economic) country, where wages are high, and prices are reasonable (Eg: a full time wage is $300+ per week, and a brand new AAA game is $60), there's really no excuse for pirating, as long as you're buying from Steam or Origin (which have refund policies).

If you live in a country where game prices are significantly higher compared to income, or where income is significantly lower, then I can turn a blind eye to piracy in those areas.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I wouldn't say anything to any of the bunch. Having the "means" is quite ironically, meaningless: Just because I enjoy PC gaming and make it a priority to get hardware and games doesn't means anyone that plays PC games feels the same at all regardless or whenever they can afford  to or not. Mostly because I don't care about people's personal choices and I wouldn't want to have anyone comment on mine and trust me: People usually get outraged when the know how much my rig costs and how much I paid for my 1070 alone and such and would call me an "idiot" for spending so much on a "stupid computer" while they spend twice at much on soccer games or fucking rims for their cars, etc.

At the end nobody has any right to tell anybody what to do with their disposable income and their time, we all have hobbies and they all look just as weird from the inside looking out as they do from the outside looking in.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I wouldn't care. I live in a kinda wealthy country (Belgium), and I try to download the pirate version of everything, and if I can't, I'll buy it on steam when it'll have a significant discount. If I can get something for free, why would I pay?

And to those who say "Because someone worked hard on it", i'll reply " From what I see, they all earn more money than I do. 

For both scenarios I wouldn't care. If someone wants to pirate a game then go ahead. Pirating is inevitable. Don't complain because you payed for the game and your friend got it for free and now you're assed out $60. So for both scenarios I wouldn't even say anything. If they want to pirate the game then go ahead.

1 hour ago, wowotek said:

Define "accept"? I mean, what is there for you to accept or reject? Is there any actual consequences in your mind, like end the friendship or formally accusing them (but if they just download, they wouldn't be breaking any law anyway)? If not, I don't see how there is any "acceptance" at stake. If you are asking whether to silently or openly disapprove their actions when talking about the matter, it boils down to what your opinion on it is, and we cannot tell you what your opinion is.

None of my friendships is based on opinions about piracy, so I can't relate much to the "how would you treat them" question...

With the way pirating has been going down around my area, just let them be. A lot of people have been getting notices in the mail from Comcast.

Scenario 1 : None of your business what they do with their money. Whether they have the means or not, if they don't want to pay for something, you can't force them to do so and trying to shove your opinion on them will just make them dislike you. Or what are you gonna do, report them to the authorities? 9_9

Scenario 2 : The whole refund thing, while it's a good thing, it can take a few days to process to get your money back, which could potentially be bad if you need that money to buy another game that just went on sale.

Not to mention, some games might turn out to be terribad AFTER 2 hours. The new SimCity for example, first few hours are great, then you reach a certain point where it all goes to shit... Not all games are like that thankfully, but the fact that it can happen is a plus toward piracy for trying games. As a pirate-to-try, you could just skip all that potential pain in the butt and simply download, try, delete, done deal. No extra hassle.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Well, it depends... If they are pirating a AAA title like battlefield 1, I don't care. If they are pirating something from a small studio or independent, I would tell them to man up and buy the game. Especially on a steam sale. I used to pirate games to try them out and even play them or, when I couldn't be bothered to look for the install disk.

But, if it was a game I played a lot, I would eventually buy it.

The game I had pirated for the longest time was Empire Total War where I still had the pirate version over a year after having bought the original xD it was just a fuss to change everything..  Heavily moded and so forth. Basically installed the non pirated version once I moved computers...

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

None of your business.  Maybe spend more time looking in the mirror and worry about making yourself a better person.  You are only responsible for yourself.

1 hour ago, Taja said:

Same

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

why would i fucking care, if theres an option to get the full game experience and not pay for it i will, cause why would i just waste my money on things like games and software when i can save it for important things.

Doesn't really matter man. I use to do it when I didn't have a job and couldn't afford jack. 

thank you for y'all reply. yes i know the piracy is inevitable.because I'm actually second scenario guy, i just don't want to be a dick for trying the game for good... so i asked you guys for that, in some point you guys I am and some point I'm not.

13 hours ago, wowotek said:

I would really blame the gaming industry for this really . Ever sense demos started to go away , People have been more inclined to pirate more. Sure,Demos do take up more time in the dev process and push back the release date of the game , but demos can be a selling point to the buyer and a solid ground to create a repeat buyer of the franchise. And making a demo is a art of its own , balancing enough content in the demo can make a good demo , and a good demo can show its a good game ( would take that centence with salt )

(⌐■_■) 

13 hours ago, wowotek said:

Well the law is the law and the law, well the law is skewed.

Maybe look at it for a more major crime and look in your soul.

I dont feel any sympathy for Metallica types. Damn millionaires bitching.

What about the other end you say. The starving artist? I dunno.

I would not treat them any different.

Same as first. You steal a bread slice, same as stealing a $4999 something.

I will say nothing to him, he lives his life.

Strict, I dont care.