Bill Belichick just took his frustrations out on his Microsoft Surface

The Patriots are getting pummeled today in their game against the Buffalo Bills, and head coach Bill Belichick ended up taking his frustration out on his Microsoft Surface.

After seeing something he didn’t like on the screen, he turned and threw the tablet onto a trunk. It bounced and fell — though there’s no way to know if the bulky, blue cases that cover every Surface on the field protected it.

Belichick recently spoke about the tablets at a pre-game conference, noting that when they "[work] it’s good, when it doesn’t work then it doesn’t work."

Post from The Verge: http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/2/13139174/bill-belichick-patriots-microsoft-surface

Original Post from SB Nation: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/10/2/13138938/bill-belichick-smashes-microsoft-surface-tablet-nfl-patriots-bills

Not a good PR for Microsoft. They should probably disable Windows Defender to keep it running smoothly. They should have keep their iPads because for the simplest things. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Not a good PR for Microsoft. They should probably disable Windows Defender to keep it running smoothly. They should have keep their iPads because for the simplest things. 

I don't know about that, this probably just makes this 1 guy looks stupid xD 

Also, 

when they [work] it’s good, when it doesn’t work then it doesn’t work."

quotes like that seem to be backing me up on this xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I was watching an episode of Inside the NFL on Sho. Belichek was having problems with it then.

He was mic'd up for the game and was talking to someone about it not doing what he wanted it. I think it's more down to him not being super tech saavy and the increasing usage of tech on the field.

I mean for christ sakes, they want to add a microchip to the football to get the most accurate field position. Plus the fact the ref's aren't using the chains as much anymore.

I tried disabling Windows Defender on my computer and I did notice that some tasks run a little bit faster like opening a 100 MB PDF file. Maybe they should do that. Although I'm assuming those Surface Tablets aren't always up to date and probably not yet running the latest Anniversary update. It could be an operating system bug or it could be a bug from the app they're using that hasn't been ironed out by the developer.

AV-TEST.org performance result for Windows Defender on Windows 10 as of April 2016 (no anniversary update yet)

Screenshot (39).png

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

He was mad because the wifi/4g wasn't working. ?

25 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

On a SP3 I've almost done the same, when the CPU is throttling opening up Chrome at start up GAAAAAA. Or the battery decides that working properly doesn't add enough spice into your life and fails every other day.

Or when One Note decides to spaz, or the keyboard pops up constantly as you're writing with the stylus because your palm is on the screen. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Or when your touchpad doesn't even work because a bit of your shirt's touching it... Smh, why'd I ever buy that POS?

Because it's pretty good for taking hand written notes when it decides to not be stupid. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Eh, I think it's more likely he was just pissed right the fuck off with the way they played today rather than anything to do with the actual tablet. The Patriots had never been shut out at Gillette Stadium before today.

I don't understand what they even use them for :S

NFL isn't that big here in Aus.

5 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I tried disabling Windows Defender on my computer and I did notice that some tasks run a little bit faster like opening a 100 MB PDF file. Maybe they should do that. Although I'm assuming those Surface Tablets aren't always up to date and probably not yet running the latest Anniversary update. It could be an operating system bug or it could be a bug from the app they're using that hasn't been ironed out by the developer.

AV-TEST.org performance result for Windows Defender on Windows 10 as of April 2016 (no anniversary update yet)

Screenshot (39).png

Wait, an antivirus that scans files when they're opened reduces performance? Who would a thunk?!

4 hours ago, JAKEBAB said:

I don't understand what they even use them for :S

NFL isn't that big here in Aus.

They can have the diagram of their plays on it, as well as replay video so they can look at what's going wrong and what to do instead. 

The Patriots still sucked though. 

10 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Or when One Note decides to spaz, or the keyboard pops up constantly as you're writing with the stylus because your palm is on the screen. 

The problem there is that your using fucking one not, a software that is entirely convinced that it counts as a printer.

And I find this entire story, hilarious.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

should have used an iPad or Galaxy Tab. At least their OS don't feel like a side project still in beta 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

26 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

should have used an iPad or Galaxy Tab. At least their OS don't feel like a side project still in beta 

I like to blame it more on a OS that feels like is being built on 30 year old fundamentals... which it is, if they say that the code has changed completely since vista, is still being built on the same ideas of 30 years ago, they said that since win 10 they are only working on win10 when it comes to OS but FFS i wish that they have a super secret team working on a replacement OS that doesn't carry anything from windows, 100% brand new maybe pulling an apple based it out of unix but i'm just having pipe dreams

Dear god someone needs to make an actual competitor, i really hope google project andromeda isn't just a side project for research and be an actual effort, that could be the thing that brings windows some actual competition.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

12 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Because it's pretty good for taking hand written notes when it decides to not be stupid. 

You know what else is pretty good for taking hand written notes?   A pen and paper.

12 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

I have a s3 pro for work and i cant be bothered to use the pen at all. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

52 minutes ago, ace_cheaply said:

You know what else is pretty good for taking hand written notes?   A pen and paper.

Except that it's nice having notes with you everywhere without having to scan everything you take up. Plus, it makes doing some work a lot easier when I have an infinitely long page and don't have to worry about page boundaries, or scratching out half pages because I made a mistake. 

11 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

I have a s3 pro for work and i cant be bothered to use the pen at all. 

Well, I bought my SP3 solely for taking notes in CS/Math, and I basically don't use it for much else. So I bought it with the sole intention of using the pen. 

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

The problem there is that your using fucking one not, a software that is entirely convinced that it counts as a printer.

Well, One Note generally does work and it does automatically sync across all devices, which is nice. (and yes, I know there are other programs that automatically sync across devices)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler