Anyone going to buy the 780 ti?

AidanJMessenger

I know we don't have a ton of info (any info) on the 780 Ti, however I'm interested to know if anyone is thinking they're likely to buy it?

Personally, I have a GTX 760 and I'm perfectly happy with it :D Infact, I feel like most cards over that are over kill unless you're gaming above 1080P, Really want a high FPS, want to say you have an awesome card, are playing in 3D or are playing on multiple monitors... But that's just me. If I had the money, of course I'd spend it on a better card :D

So, Who's got money and is going to buy one of these babies!?

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

I know we don't have a ton of info (any info) on the 780 Ti, however I'm interested to know if anyone is thinking they're likely to buy it?

Personally, I have a GTX 760 and I'm perfectly happy with it :D Infact, I feel like most cards over that are over kill unless you're gaming above 1080P, Really want a high FPS, want to say you have an awesome card, are playing in 3D or are playing on multiple monitors... But that's just me. If I had the money, of course I'd spend it on a better card :D

im waiting for full specs then ill consider it.. look to my sig for the reasoning as to why i would even consider it lol

I probably will wait until 1440p R9-290x benchmarks and the 780ti benchmarks.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I most likely am. I am looking for a dual card configuration so 2 of them is most likely the way I am going. I still have my eyes on the new AMD top dog so waiting to see how it scales in a 2 card set up. Price isnt the issue here so that point is out the window, I want to see stability...thats a big buying factor for me this time around.

depends for me if it is the same specs with just a hundred more cuda cores not worth it

$$金Trill金$$

Gonna wait for Benchmarks before i do anything else

in my basement,using a computer,staring at a 1024x768 screen

Do we know pricing ? I'm lagging way behind with the 560 ti, but honestly for what I do it still works acceptably. I won't be dropping over $500 on a single part anytime soon. Too cheap.

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

Honestly I don't know. I just bought the 780 Classified Hydro Copper last week so I could always do the step up program with EVGA. It all depends I guess on the pricing and the performance and if they come out with a Hydro Copper version for around the same price. That way it would be an even trade up, at least I think that's how it works. If they go by current value when they do a price reduction then I'll just keep my card. The 6GB of VRAM is very appealing even though I doubt I'd need it. 

Depends on the pricing I'd say. I don't need 6Gb Vram and I'll wait till the NDA of the r9290x is lifted.

It's very difficult to decide actually. Nvidia got some awesome technologies coming up, AMD has Mantle and superiority in compute tasks.

I'd like to buy both (290x and 780ti) but my wallet won't let me do so.

144Hz goodness

I'm still happy with my EVGA GTX670. 

and my personal rule: upgrade if your current parts are at least 2 generations old  :P

Im interested, but it depends on price. I had almost count NVIDIA completely out and was 99% committed to a R9 290 (or 290X depending on price) but luckily I remembered in time, Shield!

I was looking at grabbing 2x 780's that are on special at the moment when I checked and saw the announcement about the 780Ti!

Super excited! Hopefully its uses existing 780 or Titan Waterblocks.

I been waiting to buy two of the next  super cards because I play surround and I need more Vram. But I felt a GTX titan had stuff that I would never use. So if the GTX 780ti has good benchmarks and 6gb of Vram! Then I will buy two.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

depends for me if it is the same specs with just a hundred more cuda cores not worth it

probably fully unlocked GK110 which would mean as much as over 300 more cuda cores xD

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

I been waiting to buy two of the next  super cards because I play surround and I need more Vram. But I felt a GTX titan had stuff that I would never use. So if the GTX 780ti has good benchmarks and 6gb of Vram! Then I will buy two.

Pretty unlikely to see 6gb, maybe like 4. But we'll have to wait and see...

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Pretty unlikely to see 6gb, maybe like 4. But we'll have to wait and see...

I'm going to hope and dream. I mean isn't the PCB on the GTX 780 the same has the GTX titan but missing the Vram on the back? Would be sweet tho if it does!!!

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Yes they are slightly better. Maybe 10% or so?

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

So whats going to happen to the titan? Since the 780ti will be as good as the titan Im guessing? 

So whats going to happen to the titan? Since the 780ti will be as good as the titan Im guessing? 

I think that the GTX 790 will replace the titan.

I'm holding out for the 790.

I will buy 2 IF they have the same pcb as the 780, so I can use my waterblocks, or if they have 4-6 gb of vram

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'm still happy with my EVGA GTX670. 

and my personal rule: upgrade if your current parts are at least 2 generations old  :P

Can they hurry up and refresh faster then? HAahahahah!

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

Personally, I kinda hate the Ti moniker as it feels like if I have the regular version of the card that I'm just not good enough or am missing out on something :D I have the 760, but if a 760Ti is released (and likely will be) I'm going to feel like my card just isn't good enough :D