I need advice guys.

Hello guys. I need your advice.

I am 22 years old, a graduate of Bachelor of Education (Teaching Profession). I have chosen that course because my family want me to. But I really like technologies especially computers, in fact I have now a "mini" business in connection with the computers specifically internet and servers. Now, I want a job to secure my future, but I know that my diploma is not suited to any IT/Computer jobs. Any advice for me to do? Or any computer related job that you can advice for me to apply that will consider my degree?

Thank you very much.

PS: I am not passionate in teaching. They say that in order for you to grow professionally, you should be passionate to whatever you do.

passion is a good thing but at times , dont follow it to the end.

oportunities make money , be passionate about money. Think of this teaching career as a stepping stone, You might not like it , but this teaching career can open other doors to oportunities.

(⌐■_■) 

9 hours ago, darkwizard06 said:

Hello guys. I need your advice.

I am 22 years old, a graduate of Bachelor of Education (Teaching Profession). I have chosen that course because my family want me to. But I really like technologies especially computers, in fact I have now a "mini" business in connection with the computers specifically internet and servers. Now, I want a job to secure my future, but I know that my diploma is not suited to any IT/Computer jobs. Any advice for me to do? Or any computer related job that you can advice for me to apply that will consider my degree?

Thank you very much.

PS: I am not passionate in teaching. They say that in order for you to grow professionally, you should be passionate to whatever you do.

You could always go into teaching computers. High School Computer Science is generally basic programming in VB, C, C++, etc (Some schools may do other languages, like COBOL, Python, Java, etc). High School level compsci might also do database design and administration, and web design. Some may also have hardware modules as well that deal with the physical hardware, networking, etc.

That could lead into College or University level teaching, in which you can pretty much teach any computer field you want, as long as you're skilled enough.

Otherwise, you've got a choice: Stick with teaching, or pursue computers.

You could always take night classes at your local college/university towards a degree in Computers, while you teach.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

As you have said that you mini business deals with servers, So, I would suggest that you should study for CCNA Routing and switching which is pretty easy stuff, that way you will be able to get an entry level job in the field of computer networking pretty easily. Then next year go for CCNP and a year after that go for CCIE. You just have to earn your CCNA certification and get a job, after that the company you work for will most probably sponsor your future certification exams.

Those who can, do.  Those who can't, teach.

Chasing money is a miserable existence.  I make a third of what I used to but I love my work and I go home happy.  My previous job I made excellent money but I hated the work and that attitude spilled over into my home life.  It had a very negative effect on my relationship with my wife.

It's your life to live.  Decide your own priorities.  Your family will eventually get over your personal choices, but you'll never get back the time spent doing something you're not interested in.

Thank you so much guys for your responses, I really appreciate it.  All of you has a point. I didn't mentioned on my post above that I am a BLEPT passer and a licensed teacher right now, but as I've said I am not passionate about it, but I will take your suggestions seriously for my own good.

I actually have another theory on things,  When I did my education stuff I loved building things,  solving problems ect, so I did a boilermakers apprenticeship and got some welding tickets, I worked on some pretty freaking cool projects,  I helped build a Fricken 80 metre tall Ferris wheel,  worked on a 60 billion dollar inland gas project ect ect, followed my passion for building things. 

And now I'm just Meh about it, I'd rather do something I don't hate and keep my passions as hobbies so I don't burn them out so to speak.