5G to 2.4G Converter

BigBig5

Is there a way to convert 5G to 2.4G for older devices? My church go to IT person put in a 5G only access point. The computer I donated and maintain and older devices can't connect to internet for homework, job searching etc.

CPU: AMD Ryzan 7 7800X3D  Mobo: ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi   RAM: 32 GB(2x16GB) G.Skill Flare X6 EXPO@ 6000MHz  GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Edition AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Case: Lian Li O11 Air Mini  PSU: Corsair RM1000e  SSD: Team Group MP34 4TB PCIe 4 NVME, Mushkin REACTOR 960GB, Patriot Torch LE 960GB  Cooling: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE (PS120SE) with Thermal Grizzly Kryonau & 9x Thermalright TL-C12 PRO 120mm

there is a 2.4ghz one, but it sounds like its not broadcasting the SSID, however on the issue at hand you will need to buy a 5ghz compatible USB wifi adapter

The access point is a TP-Link with only has 5G. 

CPU: AMD Ryzan 7 7800X3D  Mobo: ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi   RAM: 32 GB(2x16GB) G.Skill Flare X6 EXPO@ 6000MHz  GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Edition AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Case: Lian Li O11 Air Mini  PSU: Corsair RM1000e  SSD: Team Group MP34 4TB PCIe 4 NVME, Mushkin REACTOR 960GB, Patriot Torch LE 960GB  Cooling: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE (PS120SE) with Thermal Grizzly Kryonau & 9x Thermalright TL-C12 PRO 120mm

Go into the access point control panel (usually found in 192.168.1.254)  and look around. It's probably in there. If not, a usb single would be best (or a wired connection). To answer your question directly, no, there's no way to change 5g to 2.4g feasibly for your purposes. That requrires what's called a signal mixer, which a normally used for Ham Radio. I don't think those work on that frequency anyway. 

I try to answer the best I can. 

Please realize that 95% of issues can be solved through Google.  I'll try to help,  but you need to Google yourself.  

1 hour ago, BigBig5 said:

The access point is a TP-Link with only has 5G. 

connect with cable, buy a new Access point that does 2.4ghz, configure your existing one to use 2.4ghz or just buy a $10 usb wireless dongle. thems your options.

So.... is the AP Wireless A or just 5Ghz N? Id just buy a USB wireless dongle that does 5Ghz, it will do the job. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

7 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Find an old router with 5ghz and 2.4ghz and install ddwrt. Set the 5ghz radio as a wireless bridge, and set the 2.5ghz radio to an AP.

I run DDWRT. Can you do a wireless bridge with one band and use another as wireless? Because I didnt see any options and Im frankly thinking this would be an interesting feature. I used an old Wireless G router as a wireless bridge. But I had no idea that you could use one band in bridge modem and another as standard WIFI. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

12 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I run DDWRT. Can you do a wireless bridge with one band and use another as wireless? Because I didnt see any options and Im frankly thinking this would be an interesting feature. I used an old Wireless G router as a wireless bridge. But I had no idea that you could use one band in bridge modem and another as standard WIFI. 

I would imagine you could. It lets you set the mode on the 2.4 and 5 independent of each other

This is essentially what a lot of range extenders do. Although the best solution would be to just plug in a 2.4Ghz AP.......

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing