What should I do with a broken RAM stick?

I I have been having many Blue Screens lately and in some cases my computer just straight not booting properly.   I did a bit of research and found out that one of my 4GB RAM sticks (out of a 2 x 4GB (8GB) pair) had a hardware problem (I found this out via Windows Memory Diagnostic).  After doing some experimenting with both stick individually I found out which one was broken.  I have now removed it from my PC (so while I now only have 4GB, it is better then constant crashes) but now I have a broken RAM stick that I can't use or trade in with.  Those anyone have any idea what I should do with it that would be convenient rather than just throwing in the bin.

P.S.  I know that Windows Memory Diagnostic says that when I hardware problem is the case I should contact the manufacturer.  Unfortunately it is a pre-built custom PC from Overclockers UK and I have replaced the Motherboard, CPU and HDD in it since I received that computer.  Not only that but the RAM I have is from Team Group, who's head offices are set in Eastern Asia and I really don't want to go through the hassle when I will be just replacing it with fast RAM later on anyway.

Thank you for reading and your responses will be most appreciated. 

Just now, BonkersTA said:

I I have been having many Blue Screens lately and in some cases my computer just straight not booting properly.   I did a bit of research and found out that one of my 4GB RAM sticks (out of a 2 x 4GB (8GB) pair) had a hardware problem (I found this out via Windows Memory Diagnostic).  After doing some experimenting with both stick individually I found out which one was broken.  I have now removed it from my PC (so while I now only have 4GB, it is better then constant crashes) but now I have a broken RAM stick that I can't use or trade in with.  Those anyone have any idea what I should do with it that would be convenient rather than just throwing in the bin.

P.S.  I know that Windows Memory Diagnostic says that when I hardware problem is the case I should contact the manufacturer.  Unfortunately it is a pre-built custom PC from Overclockers UK and I have replaced the Motherboard, CPU and HDD in it since I received that computer.  Not only that but the RAM I have is from Team Group, who's head offices are set in Eastern Asia and I really don't want to go through the hassle when I will be just replacing it with fast RAM later on anyway.

Thank you for reading and your responses will be most appreciated. 

Contact OCUK. As you haven't replaced the RAM, if it is still under warranty they will replace it.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

1 minute ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Contact OCUK. As you haven't replaced the RAM, if it is still under warranty they will replace it.

Can't do that.  I replaced the Motherboard, CPU and the Hard Drive to an SSD.  All of which will now have voided my warranty with them.

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Drill a hole through an end of it and use as a key chain thing?

Have you seen my keychain?

CPU.jpg

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Can't do that.  I replaced the Motherboard, CPU and the Hard Drive to an SSD.  All of which will now have voided my warranty with them.

The RAM may still be under warranty with Team Group though, and as OCUK are the retailer, you talk to them about it.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

Eat it! Its a GREAT SNACK!

NO, but maybe you could use it as a Ram Drive

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

3 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

NO, but maybe you could use it as a Ram Drive

So how would I go about doing that?

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

I'll be doing that with a C2D E6600 I killed today.

I mean that P4 did work. Key word being did. Drilling holes through things tends to break them. But I could buy a C2D for about 25p working with a 2 year warranty.

I'm just glad it's LGA, or I would have been impaled when I put it in my pocket... Be wary of scratches though.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

So how would I go about doing that?

Watch Linus's recent video. Then use software he shows to do it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

3 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

I'm hunting his recent uploads ATM but I can't find it.  May I have a link please?

6 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

You're joking right?

You want to use a defective stick of ram as a drive??

Why would you want to purposefully lose your data???

And no, you can't allocate ram drives to use certain memory modules, you can only allocate size and the OS decides where to store things.

So he would have the problem again the moment he plugged that stick back into the PC.

The only options are to use it for decoration or throw it away or RMA it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020