The next Iphone prediction.

Ridska here, 

so , they finally did it, they removed the headphone jack.

Its hard to believe it now if i think about it. Tbh , it did tilt me or trigger me, because the jack is loved and we use it everyday , we listen to music every day, In a sense, its a way for us to deal with some things. Weather your listening to FLAC or MP3 , music is music , and we share the passion among us.

Now that speech is out of the way , i would like to make a prediction cuz sense apple likes to remove stuff and make us think different meaning that think stupid and make us use inefficient tech ( like wireless, wireless cant match vs wired or corded ) , i would like to make a prediction if you dont mind.

The prediction is: The next Iphone weather it will be the 7s or the 8 , will not have a charging port. Instead , you will charge with wireless. wireless charging does have its advantages but its nothing compared to wired charging, just like the fact that wireless audio has its advantages but nothing compared to wired.

Now why am i saying this ? because i noticed a pattern here, see when the rumours where flying around that the iphone wasnt going to have a headphone jack , people thought that was a great idea becasue the jack is an old dinosaur

( Your grandmom is old , do you call her useless apple ? ) until the day came and they did remove it and everybody lost there shit ( including me cuz the other tech companies are going to follow suit ). Now if there was rumours of apple removing wired charging , i bet people would go like '' oh that sound so awesome , no more wires , i can charge anywhere with wireless , so innovative !! '' while infarct they dont realize that the argument of that would be ironaclly contradicting  it to wired charging , replace wireless with wired and its pretty much the same execpt its slower and inefficient. 

I always said this to my friends about this iphone 7 headphone jack topic like a broken vinyl record : '' replace it , not remove it '' , find a new way to connect audio instead of removing it , sense when did removing features became innovative ? But ofc , who im i kidding, its apple , innovation and apple dont mix , its like water and oil.

what do u think , about this ? Will my prediction be wrong or right? Let me know down below.

thanks and stay chilled.

Edit: FYI , im not an apple fan , i dont like em nor care about them , done this post cuz for some reason , it effects the industry in general. 

(⌐■_■) 

My prediction: 

No charging!

No Wires!

No Wirless!

No WiFi!

No LTE!

No Service!

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

Please don't give them any ideas.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

i realy douth that apple will remove the wired charging cause how are they going to sell overpriced converters to people otherwise.

Also how do you expect them to let you set up or install new software, or recover your phone that requires you to connect on a pc/mac with the lightningcable 

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

2 minutes ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

My prediction: 

No charging!

No Wires!

No Wirless!

No WiFi!

No LTE!

No Service!

One word: no iphone

2 minutes ago, Ridska said:

I always said this to my friends about this iphone 7 headphone jack topic like a broken vinyl record : '' replace it , not remove it '' , find a new way to connect audio instead of removing it , sense when did removing features became innovative ? But ofc , who im i kidding, its apple , innovation and apple dont mix , its like water and oil.

But they did add a ´new´ way, or they atleast forced a new way. 

You can still connect a pair of headphones via Bluetooth and Lightning headphones will probably become more common now that the iPhone 7 has been released. 

The innovation that Apple bought to the table wasn't removing a feature, but it was to force the consumer to consider different options for sound. 

And I don't think Apple will remove the Lightning port anytime soon. 

While they might add wireless charging some time in the future, removing the data port would create a servicing nightmare.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

"It's going to be a solid metal cube, with no ports, so figure that out." - CollegeHumor

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, malon said:

i realy douth that apple will remove the wired charging cause how are they going to sell overpriced converters to people otherwise.

Also how do you expect them to let you set up or install new software, or recover your phone that requires you to connect on a pc/mac with the lightningcable 

1. Apple will remove it because if they split the features in to sections and charge extra for those features. great way to reach deeper into customers pockets.

The only way to install new software is via bluetooth or WIFI.

(⌐■_■) 

Should have switched the iphone 7 to usb type c. I wouldn't mind headphones that used that as a port. I find the current connector is flimsy and breaks easily, so i'm all for a change. Obviously not the lightning connector or wireless (unless wireless technology and batteries get a loottttt better than they are right now).

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

But they did add a ´new´ way, or they atleast forced a new way. 

You can still connect a pair of headphones via Bluetooth and Lightning headphones will probably become more common now that the iPhone 7 has been released. 

The innovation that Apple bought to the table wasn't removing a feature, but it was to force the consumer to consider different options for sound. 

And I don't think Apple will remove the Lightning port anytime soon. 

While they might add wireless charging some time in the future, removing the data port would create a servicing nightmare.

Replacing it in a sene where the usb type c has replaced the micro sd in most modern phones.

that is replacement imo. bluetooth has been around for a while , but wired had more sweat and time to develop. 

and wireless audio has its quircks , 1, u need to worry about the headphone battery and the phones , twice the headache imo , 2, compared to wired , its not on par ( unless u go nut cracker mode and spend a 1000 dollars or euros on a set of wireless headphones ) , 3. iphone did incrise its battery by 40% but compared to its competitors , its still small , 4 , apple is going after the idea of making its phones thinner ( i think , i might be wrong on that one ) .   

(⌐■_■) 

ON SCREEN BUTTONS NEXT, no more lock or volume or home.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

5 minutes ago, sqzit said:

Should have switched the iphone 7 to usb type c. I wouldn't mind headphones that used that as a port. I find the current connector is flimsy and breaks easily, so i'm all for a change. Obviously not the lightning connector or wireless (unless wireless technology and batteries get a loottttt better than they are right now).

Why the f*ck would they change to USB type C? That's like telling manufactures to get rid of DP and use HDMI instead

Just now, DarkBlade2117 said:

ON SCREEN BUTTONS NEXT, no more lock or volume or home.

Well that already half exists on android phones ya know :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

7 minutes ago, sqzit said:

if apple had a 2nd usb tpe c on top where the jack would have been , it would be ok for me, but i think they should make it so that only audio passes throught , maybe USB type CA ? 

(⌐■_■) 

2 minutes ago, Ridska said:

Replacing it in a sene where the usb type c has replaced the micro sd in most modern phones.

that is replacement imo. bluetooth has been around for a while , but wired had more sweat and time to develop. 

and wireless audio has its quircks , 1, u need to worry about the headphone battery and the phones , twice the headache imo , 2, compared to wired , its not on par ( unless u go nut cracker mode and spend a 1000 dollars or euros on a set of wireless headphones ) , 3. iphone did incrise its battery by 40% but compared to its competitors , its still small , 4 , apple is going after the idea of making its phones thinner ( i think , i might be wrong on that one ) .   

The basic workings of TRS connectors haven't changed since the 1930's. The only major difference between then and now is the size of the plug.

And the CED also had a lot of development and testing, yet, it was still completly terrible.

1. I agree. It's one of the main reasons why I won't use wireless headphones. Knowing myself, I would always forget to charge them. But people also buy smartwatches eventhough they have to charge more often than regular watches, so I don't think it would be any different with wireless headphones.  
  2. I would argue that the release of the iPhone 7 could prompt more companies to bet on wireless, thereby creating better and cheaper headphones.
  3.  But the power management on iPhones have traditionally been better than Android's power management, so the battery size doesn't matter as much. 
  4. I would agree that this is a dumb move. The fact that Apple released a battery cover should show them that people want more battery life and that the public don't care about thick phones. 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Why the f*ck would they change to USB type C? That's like telling manufactures to get rid of DP and use HDMI instead

You have that backwards. Moving to Type-C would be moving to an open standard much like how DP is an open standard. Apple won't do that though because then they wouldn't be able to regulate cables that are sold.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

The basic workings of TRS connectors haven't changed since the 1930's. The only major difference between then and now is the size of the plug.

And the CED also had a lot of development and testing, yet, it was still completly terrible.

1. I agree. It's one of the main reasons why I won't use wireless headphones. Knowing myself, I would always forget to charge them. But people also buy smartwatches eventhough they have to charge more often than regular watches, so I don't think it would be any different with wireless headphones.  
  2. I would argue that the release of the iPhone 7 could prompt more companies to bet on wireless, thereby creating better and cheaper headphones.
  3.  But the power management on iPhones have traditionally been better than Android's power management, so the battery size doesn't matter as much. 
  4. I would agree that this is a dumb move. The fact that Apple released a battery cover should show them that people want more battery life and that the public don't care about thick phones. 

1. I still dont get the idea of smartwatches tbh. But i agree with u on that part.

2.The cost isnt the main issue per say , the audio quality and the latency can be the nightmare. Here is an idea, why not fiber cables ?, hell , even a mini thunderbolt on an iphone for audio would do. I just want a diffrent type of wire.

3. Power management part is true , i agree with atha ( to a reasonablly point ).

4. No girls or boys like humps , look at humpty , he fell of a trump wall and did he live ? no , but did people care about humpty , no cuz humpty was a d!ck.

(⌐■_■) 

12 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

You have that backwards. Moving to Type-C would be moving to an open standard much like how DP is an open standard. Apple won't do that though because then they wouldn't be able to regulate cables that are sold.

Yes and no, it's the idea of a company having to switch from their own connector to something everyone uses, HDMI is something everyone uses while DP isn't like lightning. Plus, this is like saying to Nvidia that they should drop G-sync and use freesync instead as it's already in the DP standard and it's open source or telling intel to make x86 open source/anybody can use it. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Yes and no, it's the idea of a company having to switch from their own connector to something everyone uses, HDMI is something everyone uses while DP isn't like lightning. Plus, this is like saying to Nvidia that they should drop G-sync and use freesync instead as it's already in the DP standard and it's open source or telling intel to make x86 open source/anybody can use it. 

But anyone can use x86, the patent ran out a few years ago. It's the instruction sets for newer CPUs that are still patented. DP isn't as popular because major members of the HDMI consortium are TV manufacturers. Of course they are going to use HDMI. DP is gaining in popularity though as it becomes the more technically advanced technology.

4 minutes ago, Ridska said:

2.The cost isnt the main issue per say , the audio quality and the latency can be the nightmare. Here is an idea, why not fiber cables ?, hell , even a mini thunderbolt on an iphone for audio would do. I just want a diffrent type of wire.

Using a fibre cable would introduce a whole lot of issues. 

For example, Apple would either have to use the Toslink standard, which is a very old and dated standard or they would have to create their own standard, which could prove very expensive.

Fibre optic cables are also very fragile, so they wouldn't fare well for portable use. 

Fibre optic would also just be a digital connection, so it would serve the same purpose as the Lightning port serves now. 

And while I doubt it will happen, Apple could make use of the aptX Lossless Bluetooth codec. That way Bluetooth compression wouldn't be an issue. 

Apple could also make their own proprietary codec, but that would only help with tying all of your hardware into the same unbreakable ecosystem. 

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

Using a fibre cable would introduce a whole lot of issues. 

For example, Apple would either have to use the Toslink standard, which is a very old and dated standard or they would have to create their own standard, which could prove very expensive.

Fibre optic cables are also very fragile, so they wouldn't fare well for portable use. 

Fibre optic would also just be a digital connection, so it would serve the same purpose as the Lightning port serves now. 

And while I doubt it will happen, Apple could make use of the aptX Lossless Bluetooth codec. That way Bluetooth compression wouldn't be an issue. 

Apple could also make their own proprietary codec, but that would only help with tying all of your hardware into the same unbreakable ecosystem. 

So fiber no go? 

U get the idea, any wire , thunderbolt or anything. 

BTW i hate the fact that u need to use the charging port for audio , an digital audio only port would have made me happy and if it gave better sound quality , i would legit switch.

In a nutshell , I want my audio plug and my charging plug separated. What they are doing right now with the new iphone is much like that airmac wich had one usb type c , looks good and all , but u need to log an adapter.

and at this point , apple is all about adapters. For u to use anything on an apple device , u need some sort of adapter.

(⌐■_■) 

I doubt Apple will do away with the lightning port in the next generation because of how many power banks are out there, but I do think that a larger battery and removal of that port are in the future. Audio over Bluetooth, wireless charging only and iTunes sync over WiFi is my long term prediction. 

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

35 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I doubt Apple will do away with the lightning port in the next generation because of how many power banks are out there, but I do think that a larger battery and removal of that port are in the future. Audio over Bluetooth, wireless charging only and iTunes sync over WiFi is my long term prediction. 

Apple will do it , and power bank industry will have to adapt , just like the headphone industry needed to adapt to the lighting port headphones. 

more adapters sold means more money that comes from the adapters and buying the device.

(⌐■_■) 

Here is why the lightning connector (and thus wired charging) will stay in the next iPhone, let's call it 7s just for a little bit of consistency and easier typing. In decreasing order of stupid arguments

Reason 1. Because I said so

Reason 2. Because developing a new way to charge wireless that is not compatible with the current standard would probably be a pain in the ass. Granted, I do not know a lot about the physics involved, but it's at number 2 for a reason. It also has to have some kind of data transfer or NFC thingy to work with docks.

Reason 3. Apple removed the headphone jack for three reasons, let's call them A B and C.

A - Lighting connector is the replacement for the headphone jack. In other words: Why have the same thing twice? You wouldn't want to have two home buttons would you.

B - Headphone jack takes up space. Dropping it, because it's huge, will free space for other stuff. There is an interview on buzzfeed which you can read as "The new camera needed the space of the headphone jack". Besides that bigger battery and another haptic feedback thingy. yay. C - Wireless is the future! (paraphrasing)

Now, if I follow your argument correctly, there is a trend. Which means that any following adjustments will have the same or at least comparable arguments. Let's try.

A - Replacing the lightning connector with wireless charging does not give you a replacement for the headphone jack. For that reason alone I would say the iPhone of 2018 might do it, but 2017, I don't think so. It's also inferior (in it's current state) to wired charging.

B - Wireless charging also takes up space. A different kind of space, and maybe even more important than the headphone jack. Wireless charging makes a phone thicker. Apple has some kind of eating dissorder and is obsessed with thin phones. Even though it means popping the camera out like a birth defect.

C - You win this one.

Reason 4 - Now here comes the interesting part. They removed the headphone jack for the same reason they wont adapt to USB-C. Money. Having the huge trustfully user base that Apple has they are one of the few companies that can make this move. Why they came in this position is another question which I do not have the answer to. They give the finger to standardized anything. Why they did the 30-pin connector instead of mini-USB, why lightning instead of micro or type-C? Because now they own the rights of licensing. Anyone who wants to make something for the iPhone needs to pay a licensing fee to Apple to even make the product. After that, they need to pay a certain fee per sold product. Meaning: Every product that is sold to enhance or, at the very least, interact with the iPhone still makes profit for Apple, and they don't have to do anything at all. TL:DR - Free money. One of the few accessories of the iPhone they couldnt get money one was, you guessed it: Audio jack devices! Now they can! Every headphone, earbuds, whatever that connects through the lightning connect will pay Apple for the simple right to use the damn connector.

Now you could argue; but wireless is bluetooth, so no one will pay Apple for that! Well, yeah they do.. Kinda... First of, a lot of people will still go for wired, because reasons. Second Apple has made this W1 chip thingy. This thing makes connecting to the iPhone easier, according to them. Haven't tried it and don't care. The Airbuds and some Beats headphones are the only ones who actually use it right now. But if someone else; let's say Sennheiser for example, would want to make a headphone that is wireless and "made for iPhone" they will need to include the W1 chip, which will cost some licensing, and they will pay for the "made for iPhone" licensing.

This does not translate to wireless charging. While it will open up the possibilities for "made for iPhone wireless chargers" they will kill an business that just started; lighting headphones. Also, I think that wireless chargers are more expansive in fabrication, which will turn off even more accessory makers.

Real TL:DR : No headphone jack = more money for apple. Wireless charging = less money for apple.

There, my thought on the subject. As for my prediction. Next dropout will be in the iPhone 8 (2018) and it will be bluetooth. Yes you heard it first here. Bluetooth will die for the W2 or (most likely) W3 chip.

9 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

How is that even remotely the same thing? The type c connector has a lot more capability than the lightning connector. 

15 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Apple will do it , and power bank industry will have to adapt , just like the headphone industry needed to adapt to the lighting port headphones. 

more adapters sold means more money that comes from the adapters and buying the device.

(⌐■_■)