budget board or z170/270 board?

Aceface

if i were to use this motherboard: 

MSI H110M PRO-D

would i recieve noticably worse performance than a better board if i use the i7 6700 or coming 7700 + the coming 1080 ti?

im not worried about only two ram slots and less sata ports as ill only use two drives and two ram sticks at max. i am neither going to mess around with overclocking (ive watched plenty of videos, dont try to convince me). 

im wondering because i am on a very tight budget and rarely plan to upgrade.

I will still try 

Get the 6700k instead =p  (You never know in the future when you get a sudden desire to overclock) 

Yes performance would be the same, ignoring other missing items on that chipset 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

So.. Why wont you overclock? Other than saving a bit of money?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

you shouldn't see worse performance, the motherboard doesn't cause the cpu to perform worse.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Only thing that could bother you is the worse onboard-audioon budget boards. Otherwise it seems to me like you don't need a better board :)

35 minutes ago, Aceface said:

if i were to use this motherboard: 

MSI H110M PRO-D

would i recieve noticably worse performance than a better board if i use the i7 6700 or coming 7700 + the coming 1080 ti?

im not worried about only two ram slots and less sata ports as ill only use two drives and two ram sticks at max. i am neither going to mess around with overclocking (ive watched plenty of videos, dont try to convince me). 

im wondering because i am on a very tight budget and rarely plan to upgrade.

Budget board is a good choice for a budget build actually (gee... ain't that obvious). The 'only' differences is the overclocking capability, CPU PCIE lanes configuration, PCH PCIE config, and RAID capability. As long as you don't do any overclock, avoid SLI, and only plan to use a two sticks of RAM, then a budget board would pretty much a very reasonable choice.
You can even go with 6700K tho. Since the 6700K's default clock of 4.0 GHz is definitely better than 6700's 3.4 GHz.

Be aware that several i7 skylake user complaining about the CPU temperature ended up in a higher side even in a stock condition. So, be sure to spend your budget in a decent CPU cooler, and I suggest to choose a downdraft air cooler, since it also can help to cool down the VRM & power chokes (many budget boards doesn't come with VRM / chokes heatsink)

17 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

So.. Why wont you overclock? Other than saving a bit of money?

Not everyone need overclock 9_9 Especially for ppl that wouldn't want to bother with itty bitty settings like adjusting the voltage & multiplier, or didn't want their budget blown by the obligation to choose a better cooling solution, and many other reason. Nowadays, even I can spot several ppl which buy a high end peripherals, but they doesn't know anything about overclock, and doesn't plan to do overclocking in the future, even if their hardware is capable to do so.

Makes no difference for performance on the CPU, but you can't OC. For future usable lifespan would go Z170 with K CPU. It might be the difference between 1-2 years extra if you are on the limit. Many people that had same budget restrictions later say that they wished they had spend a bit more. Doesn't matter you don't OC it now. I myself am also no OCer, but helpt me and several people that I did build  a system for in the past just because of that bit extra performance for smooth gaming.

Other then that the implementations are overall much less then the Z170 like cheaper audio etc, but as long as it fits your needs any mobo is good from a decent brand like MSI.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

14 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

you shouldn't see worse performance, the motherboard doesn't cause the cpu to perform worse.

unless it will artificially gimp the CPU

from my understanding the new Kaby Lake CPUs will come with higher default memory than 2133MHz currently 

4 hours ago, frunze said:

Budget board is a good choice for a budget build actually (gee... ain't that obvious). The 'only' differences is the overclocking capability, CPU PCIE lanes configuration, PCH PCIE config, and RAID capability. As long as you don't do any overclock, avoid SLI, and only plan to use a two sticks of RAM, then a budget board would pretty much a very reasonable choice.
You can even go with 6700K tho. Since the 6700K's default clock of 4.0 GHz is definitely better than 6700's 3.4 GHz.

Be aware that several i7 skylake user complaining about the CPU temperature ended up in a higher side even in a stock condition. So, be sure to spend your budget in a decent CPU cooler, and I suggest to choose a downdraft air cooler, since it also can help to cool down the VRM & power chokes (many budget boards doesn't come with VRM / chokes heatsink)

Not everyone need overclock 9_9 Especially for ppl that wouldn't want to bother with itty bitty settings like adjusting the voltage & multiplier, or didn't want their budget blown by the obligation to choose a better cooling solution, and many other reason. Nowadays, even I can spot several ppl which buy a high end peripherals, but they doesn't know anything about overclock, and doesn't plan to do overclocking in the future, even if their hardware is capable to do so.

As much as it sounds like a hassle, not going to say you have to do or convince but just saying there isn't anything to bumping the voltage to 1.35v and getting it to 4.5-4.6Ghz which is a standard for most skylake chips, 4.4 minimum. You also don't need a high end cooler, you only need to spend $20-$35 to get a decent cooler that willl be way quieter than the stock cooler, keep temps much lower and easily allow for a decent OC.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)