New SSD doesn't get recocgnised by PC

JorenBus

So I just got a replacement SSD (Sandisk Ultra II) since the last one died on me.

Now I'm having an issue that the SSD isn't being recocgnised by my PC.

It doesn't show up in device manager, neither does it show up in drive management. My OS is currently installed on a HDD, but I really can't find the SSD anywhere, even after refreshing.

Everything is connected correctly, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Here's a picture of disk management: 

ltt.png

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Did you try other Sata headers? You can also look in your BIOS to see if it even detects the SSD

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

3 minutes ago, Ernest_L said:

Did you try other Sata headers? You can also look in your BIOS to see if it even detects the SSD

I just tried the SATA cable connected to my HDD on my SSD and vice versa.

The HDD boots just fine, and now the SSD gets recocgnised. 

Weird, is it possible that I have a faulty SATA cable?

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

4 minutes ago, JorenBus said:

I just tried the SATA cable connected to my HDD on my SSD and vice versa.

The HDD boots just fine, and now the SSD gets recocgnised. 

Weird, is it possible that I have a faulty SATA cable?

Check if the SSD is being recognized in the BIOS. And yes there is a chance of having a faulty SATA cable. Also make sure you have SATA Power from the PSU connected to the SSD.

i7 6800K

Corsair H110i GT

Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x4GB) 3200MHz

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB

R9 270X

NZXT H440 (Black/Red) 2015 Edition

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

BenQ XL2411Z