Digital Homicide sues 100 STEAM users and subpoenas ValvE for their personal information

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Oh you're talking about the Game Devs? I'm not talking about that at all. I'm talking about the innocent Steam Users who got caught up in this. They're the ones that are potentially gonna get screwed by this, even if they win and recover legal fees.

all the users have to do is change their STEAM names and not show up at the trial - this in the case ValvE doesn't submit to the subpoena, and I'll be you they won't

and I doubt this "suit" will ever see the court room

4 minutes ago, zMeul said:

all the users have to do is change their STEAM names and not show up at the trial - this in the case ValvE doesn't submit to the subpoena, and I'll be you they won't

and I doubt this "suit" will ever see the court room

Oh I agree, I doubt anything will come of it. But if it does, those users are the ones that are gonna suffer the most before it all ends.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Damn it I missed on getting sued by those idiots.

Would have been so much fun :P

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

Digital Homicide really needs to learn that the Nile isn't just a river in Egypt. Criticizing a bad product != slander.

4 minutes ago, Daring said:

Digital Homicide really needs to learn that da Nile isn't just a river in Egypt. Criticizing a bad product != slander.

Call me crazy, but I feel like they're trying to set the precedent that saying anything bad about anything is defamation and grounds to sue. :P

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

1 minute ago, Shakaza said:

Call me crazy, but I feel like they're trying to set the precedent that saying anything bad about anything is defamation and grounds to sue. :P

They basically are.

I am curious to see how Valve will respond to this.  A good show from the company would be to both fight giving up the info, and if they are forced to give it up, to then fight on behalf of the users and drop the devs/game from Steam.

Though in all honesty, I doubt the company or the courts will even get a response from Steam support for another year or so.

I still can't believe they are still trying to defend their terrible games.... by attempting to sue the critics.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

This is sad and funny at the same time. Trying to screw over some steam users just because they criticized negatively their game is just blows my mind. How self centered to you need to be to do such a thing.

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Everything I could possibly say has already been said in the first 6 comments. 

Fucking idiots lol. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I suggest that people listen to the podcast Jim Sterling had with Robert from Digital Homicide:

http://www.thejimquisition.com/special-podcast-jim-sterling-and-digital-homicide-hash-it-out/

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Wow, that was like 2 years ago, and they still couldn't get over it and let it go? They can't seriously think that they have a case against Jim and everyone else. What a bunch of salty, whiny man-children they are.   

4 minutes ago, zMeul said:

update: http://techraptor.net/content/digital-homicides-games-removed-steam

ValvE removed all games from the STEAM store; Doug Lombardi said:

rip in piece of piss

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

12 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I cant wait to watch jim talk about this 

This! DH is just a laughing stock at this point.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

they made a shit game, it got reviewed as shit.. now their just looking for a quick payday with settlements

I guess you can say they committed Digital Suicide :^)

Digital Homicide responds: http://www.digitalhomicide.ninja/

First i'd like to briefly respond to Doug Lombardi's official statement about Digital Homicide and its owners.  I'd like to give some context to his offficial statement "Valve has stopped doing business with Digital Homicide for being hostile to Steam customers." What has actually transpired was a lack of resolution from Steam in regards to moderation of their platform which might sound like a tough job to do, but coming from a company that brags its profitability per employee is higher than google, it just shows a reckless disregard for for the well being of their community for profits.  We submitted numerous reports and sent multiple emails in regards to individuals making personal attacks, harassment, and more on not only us but on other Steam customers who were actually interested in our products.  The lawsuit that was submitted in regards to a handful of Steam users has been labeled by the media and now by Doug Lombardi's(a Valve representative) statement as "being hostile to Steam users" in general which is incorrect.  The lawsuit recently filed is solely in regards to individuals where no resolution was able to be obtained from Steam to provide a safe environment for us to conduct business. 

they list an example where the user in question crossed the line

ebe80e_b68f47027a114ef8bc36b1c784cc3749~

These Guys are beyond retarded. I hope they will never find a way back on Steam.

"Death threats" are ridiculous too tho. And not necessary. DH is doing a great Job to punish themself.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Well this makes for a good video 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Just now, mikeeginger said:

Well this makes for a good video 

on this week's WAN Show they said they didn't had good topic to talk about ... :dry:

that podcast was... fun. Just shows how much of a prick that guy was, impressed at how Jim stayed calm for a whole 90 minutes

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Well I said Valve should just remove their games from their platform with all the BS they are involved with.. Well...

http://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/valve_has_removed_digital_homicide_s_games_from_steam/1

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro