RAM Adding Help! need master On ram and mobo here

maniey
12 minutes ago, maniey said:

1 more..now my pc working well but if i remove the ram or i just took plug out..my pc back to black screen _(led flashing)

Here's a good buy for you: http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/2-x-Samsung-DDR3-4GB-RAM-1Rx8-PC3-12800U-/201665438166?hash=item2ef43261d6:g:tewAAOSwvg9XVD7-

Or even better (but more expensive): http://www.mudah.my/FURY+HyperX+DDR3+8gb+Ram-48300597.htm

But yeah: ALWAYS TURN OFF YOUR PC WHEN CHANGING ANY HARDWARE!

Spoiler

Mobo: Asus Z370-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700K

RAM: Kingston Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Beast

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB

Case: Fractal Define R6 Tempered Glass, Black

SSD 1: Crucial P3 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe SSD

SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

SSD 3: Crucial MX500 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM005 64MB 4TB 7200 rpm

PSU: Corsair RM750X v2

Display 1: AOC Agon AG271QG

Display 2: Dell U2711

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Z w/ Cherry MX Brown

Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II

Soundcard: Creative AE-5 Soundblaster

Headphones: Sennheiser RS 165 Wireless

Microphone 1: Audio Technica AT2020+ USB

Microphone 2: Antlion Audiio ModMic Wireless

34 minutes ago, Mortis Angelus said:

Here's a good buy for you: http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/2-x-Samsung-DDR3-4GB-RAM-1Rx8-PC3-12800U-/201665438166?hash=item2ef43261d6:g:tewAAOSwvg9XVD7-

Or even better (but more expensive): http://www.mudah.my/FURY+HyperX+DDR3+8gb+Ram-48300597.htm

But yeah: ALWAYS TURN OFF YOUR PC WHEN CHANGING ANY HARDWARE!

lol i turned off..but should i remove the power cord from supply for more safety?

buying a ram would be a last option man..but i cant take it atm..now i was looking what real problem is..and i dont have much money for ram :(

3 minutes ago, maniey said:

buying a ram would be a last option man..but i cant take it atm..now i was looking what real problem is..and i dont have much money for ram :(

Did or did you not try to use only one ram? I would try to only use 1 4GB of RAM until you can buy more.

And you should really buy more. And the HyperX I linked to is only 150RM, which isn't that much. Especially if you have that good of a computer already.

Spoiler

Did you just swap your R9 290 for 2x 760s??? Man, you really can afford new RAM aswell.

And btw; Now I understand that you have 2x2GB Corsair, and 1x4GB kingston. According to the user manual of your motherboard you CAN NOT USE 3 Modules. You must use 1, 2 or 4 modules in

A2, A2+B2 (or A1+B1), and A1, A2,B1 B2

Pairs always in A + B config (like corsair in A2 + B2 and Kingston in A1+B1)

Read your manual man!

I soon start to believe that you are just trolling us here...

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Mortis Angelus said:

Did you just swap your R9 290 for 2x 760s??? Man, you really can afford new RAM aswell.

And btw; Now I understand that you have 2x2GB Corsair, and 1x4GB kingston. According to the user manual of your motherboard you CAN NOT USE 3 Modules. You must use 1, 2 or 4 modules in

A2, A2+B2 (or A1+B1), and A1, A2,B1 B2

Pairs always in A + B config (like corsair in A2 + B2 and Kingston in A1+B1)

Read your manual man!

I soon start to believe that you are just trolling us here...

sorry mortis..i dont have point to troll over here..i really need help.. as i told i already try put single stick corsair neither kingston..but i tell u..when i swap my pc hard to turn on back..i already read the manual before..i used a2 b2 slot..but before this my pc works well 3 stcik of them in one board..thats make me really confusing..again i dont have time to troll over here..i just need the asnwer..and u help me so much highly appreciate that...maybe i would use this ram untill amd  zen board out..i dont want waste my money on ddr3 anymore...why u say ?

7 hours ago, maniey said:

sorry mortis..i dont have point to troll over here..i really need help.. as i told i already try put single stick corsair neither kingston..but i tell u..when i swap my pc hard to turn on back..i already read the manual before..i used a2 b2 slot..but before this my pc works well 3 stcik of them in one board..thats make me really confusing..again i dont have time to troll over here..i just need the asnwer..and u help me so much highly appreciate that...maybe i would use this ram untill amd  zen board out..i dont want waste my money on ddr3 anymore...why u say ?

If it doesn't work to use only one stick, try using only the 2x2GB corsair sticks. And if that doesn't work, you might have some issue with your motherboard. As many other people have said here in the thread: Sometimes mixing RAM modules just doesn't work - and it is never recommended to mix modules; especially not from different manufacturers.

You should not be focusing on Zen just yet. You have a very good computer right now, and you will get much more for your money if you buy a little more DDR3, than to totally convert to DDR4. Remember, that AM4+ and Zen will cost a lot more. Besides, if you don't buy the DDR3 RAM now, you will have a really good computer that you cannot use. I personally upgraded my system to 8320 with DDR3 RAM (new mobo, new CPU, new RAM, new GPU), and I plan on using it a couple of more years while I save up some money to an ITX-build.

So just buy some used DD3 RAM that come in PAIRS or in fours (like in the link I sent you earlier) and you should be fine. Don't go and buy different RAM from different batches and manufacturers like you have done now. You see how well that is working - it is not working at all. By trying to save RM150 you are really bottlenecking your good computer.

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Mortis Angelus said:

If it doesn't work to use only one stick, try using only the 2x2GB corsair sticks. And if that doesn't work, you might have some issue with your motherboard. As many other people have said here in the thread: Sometimes mixing RAM modules just doesn't work - and it is never recommended to mix modules; especially not from different manufacturers.

You should not be focusing on Zen just yet. You have a very good computer right now, and you will get much more for your money if you buy a little more DDR3, than to totally convert to DDR4. Remember, that AM4+ and Zen will cost a lot more. Besides, if you don't buy the DDR3 RAM now, you will have a really good computer that you cannot use. I personally upgraded my system to 8320 with DDR3 RAM (new mobo, new CPU, new RAM, new GPU), and I plan on using it a couple of more years while I save up some money to an ITX-build.

So just buy some used DD3 RAM that come in PAIRS or in fours (like in the link I sent you earlier) and you should be fine. Don't go and buy different RAM from different batches and manufacturers like you have done now. You see how well that is working - it is not working at all. By trying to save RM150 you are really bottlenecking your good computer.

yeah i agree..but seriously asrock fail me..before this i used mobo same as u asus r2.0 sadly its dead..so i change to this asrock..not rocking as good as asus board..

can u link above thread for me..about mixing ram...if u at my side..u really confusing because before this my pc works well now i cant even start properly if i change to 2x2 corsair..make me to reseat the ram slot..and restart my pc so many time otherwise my screen are just flashing led (black screen)

btw wanna ask about zen..is it amd zen will make mobo am4 with am3+ or am4 with am4+.... i wondering if i could use my 8320 on zen board soon!

22 minutes ago, maniey said:

can u link above thread for me..about mixing ram...if u at my side..u really confusing because before this my pc works well now i cant even start properly if i change to 2x2 corsair..make me to reseat the ram slot..and restart my pc so many time otherwise my screen are just flashing led (black screen)

22 minutes ago, maniey said:

btw wanna ask about zen..is it amd zen will make mobo am4 with am3+ or am4 with am4+.... i wondering if i could use my 8320 on zen board soon!

No you won't be able to use your 8320 with the new AM4/AM4+ socket. Totally new chipset and architecture. And also only supports DDR4 (and probably DDR3L)

Spoiler

It will be AM4 only so no.

Not much to link, it's simply that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Results from the past arn't guaranteed and to what I have read so far the whole issue started when you tried adding a 3th RAM module.

So try resetting bios to default settings and try to get an stable system with only 1 slot used. Maybe flash bios is recomended so that you have latest bios if you don't have that yet.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

35 minutes ago, Gonio said:

It will be AM4 only so no.

Not much to link, it's simply that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Results from the past arn't guaranteed and to what I have read so far the whole issue started when you tried adding a 3th RAM module.

So try resetting bios to default settings and try to get an stable system with only 1 slot used. Maybe flash bios is recomended so that you have latest bios if you don't have that yet.

well i try to reseting bios ....anything happen i will post it over here..

39 minutes ago, Mortis Angelus said:

No you won't be able to use your 8320 with the new AM4/AM4+ socket. Totally new chipset and architecture. And also only supports DDR4 (and probably DDR3L)

dear mortis..ty for help..if have time soon i wanna talk about 8320 OC soon with u

Just now, maniey said:

well i try to reseting bios ....anything happen i will post it over here..

A friend of mine asked me if you have made sure to force your mobo to use single channel only in the BIOS? That you cannot use dual-channel in this kind of mis-matching setup (Something I didn't know about)

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Mortis Angelus said:

A friend of mine asked me if you have made sure to force your mobo to use single channel only in the BIOS? That you cannot use dual-channel in this kind of mis-matching setup (Something I didn't know about)

i dont know about that too..i try find DOCP in my bios..i cant find it or its dont have that feature..now my pc is turned on and dual channel is activate(using 1 stick corsair 1stick kingston 6gb ram).  i guess lets forget about adding 3rd ram..i cant add it anymore..or i'll end up cant start my pc 

2 minutes ago, maniey said:

dear mortis..ty for help..if have time soon i wanna talk about 8320 OC soon with u

I am no expert on OC:ing. There are plenty of experts on that here on LTT. I have only done this once, and that was last week. so I am really a noob on overclocking.

Here you can read about my adventure and how I did it:

I did have a lot of issues.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Mortis Angelus said:

I am no expert on OC:ing. There are plenty of experts on that here on LTT. I have only done this once, and that was last week. so I am really a noob on overclocking.

Here you can read about my adventure and how I did it:

I did have a lot of issues.

well i have OC my 8320 to 4.2..almost stable with base voltage provide by bios..i cant make it to 4.4..its will BSOD..maybe i need extra voltage...well we talk about this in another thread..ty for having ur time..

GL with that. Glad your system is currently stable with RAM and suggest you start saving for a new build along the line if you are running into the limits for your current build. Swapping to new system can also be done in steps. If you save up for a while and take a then current gen good CPU and fitting mobo+ RAM can be a solid base for the years to come. If Zen is any good you might even have to choose between Intel and AMD again for your needs.

Fingers crossed for that, since that should drive prices lower or more performance at same price :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list