Google Manipulating Search Suggestions in Hillary's Favor

Maximoose

However in an article from USA Today, Google says that search suggestions are coded to prevent offensive words such as "criminal" from being linked with a name.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/06/10/google-says-search-isnt-biased-toward-hillary-clinton/85725014/

Thoughts?

(this is tech related (Google))

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

This is all automatic so this isn't google's fault.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

this has been a thing since june 2015.

G has been accused back in september 2015 and kinda has been listening with a deaf ear to address the results.

a simple comparo with bing and google showed an exceptional bias in results output..

something about AI and algorithms (usually needs human input to start) is auto filtering their results, bla-blah..  

re-source: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/08/how-google-could-rig-the-2016-election-121548

Just now, airdeano said:

G has been accused back in september 2015 and kinda has been listening with a deaf ear to address the results.

a simple comparo with bing and google showed an exceptional bias in results output..

something about AI and algorithms (usually needs human input to start) is auto filtering their results, bla-blah..  

Exactly, you can't start jumping the gun.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

well I totally understand why they would want to stop terms such as criminal being linked to a name, that sort of thing can ruin a person's life.

I wonder how well bing is doing.

edit. Really well.

wp_ss_20160913_0004.png

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Google is most likely reaping lots of benefits eg. financial, policies etc being in cohorts with someone ruling from the shadows

Why am I not surprised...

Also, the algorithm has to favour a side, you can't realistically have a system which works out how biased it is and compensates, as then if loads of Hillary voters came and did loads of searches, then someone not in a party came, the system would be biased towards trump and you wouldn't have avoided anything.

People have been put in prison for search engine enquiries. Some dude outta Cali searched gun shot to stomach, now he is doin life.

Countless cases like that. Google saves EVERYTHING, your IP, your emails, searches, even if you backspace and dont click search they save that info too. They save Google maps, Youtube, everything connected to your IP.

If you search up "donald trump criminal" on bing and google, you get a similar result.

It's not a bias if it applies to everyone.

I did my testing in a firefox private window, to avoid any personal search history from interfering.

bingsearch.png

googlesearch.png

May Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low.

PSUs: EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS, Corsair RMx/i, Grey-Label CXM, Everything Seasonic/Delta/Super Flower, XFX except XT

Use pcpartpicker.com

16 hours ago, Canada EH said:

People have been put in prison for search engine enquiries. Some dude outta Cali searched gun shot to stomach, now he is doin life.

Countless cases like that. Google saves EVERYTHING, your IP, your emails, searches, even if you backspace and dont click search they save that info too. They save Google maps, Youtube, everything connected to your IP.

Shit. Good thing I dont live in the US then. Freedom my ass ...

Linus is my fetish.

Google and facebook do have shenanigans, they always keep getting blacklisted on my router from the rules i put in place which deny a connection or any input from outside if it isnt established from inside first(but also has to be relevant to the inside connection). So i would say there is some truth to this.

I've seen things were you type "Hilary Clinton" in the search bar and you get stuff like, "feminist," or "woman president."

I've done Donald Trump and the first things, "racist," and "crazy."  
Granted, it's been a few months since I've done it.  But with the recent leaks that the left really does own the mainstream media, I can believe it.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Well, you can't be 100% sure but it's probably confirmation bias on the part of the 'news' outlet.

This is what I see anyway.

Untitled.png

It's worth mentioning as well that each search engine has a different demographic. Bing is probably used most by old people who haven't changed their default search provider on internet explorer. This bias will affect the algorithms

On 13/09/2016 at 5:38 AM, airdeano said:

re-source: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/08/how-google-could-rig-the-2016-election-121548

It's tin foil hat time mate :P

If I remember correctly, they were doing the same with Trump, I think it's more of an issue with their algorithm rather than bias. However, I do think it's an issue because hiding search suggestions can be all the difference between someone knowing and not knowing a thing about Clinton's/Trump's past. 

2016 election, now affecting a search engine near you. How voting times have changed. 

CANDY MADE OF PEOPLE MADE OF CANDY~!!!!

It's just their search algorithm ffs.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.