Any advice for a budget of build would be appreciated.

Hi so after hours of searching Amazon and other sites I found some parts that I liked. But I just wanted to get someone else's input on whether there were better options, thanks. My goal is a semi decent school, gaming and editing desktop for under 200-250 USD. Upgrading and future proofing aren't really concerns of mine.

GPU: MSI GeForce GT 730 Kepler. However I had originally wanted to go with the EVGA GeForce GT 740.

Motherboard: Asrock fm2a68m-dg3+.

Power supply: Apevia 450 watt.

CPU: amd A4-7300, with stock cooler.

Case: I don't really care what it looks like, so I decided to use an old case that I cut into to an open air test bench sort of thing.

Ram: crucial ballistixs sport single 8gb ddr3 1600.

Peripherals: a few years ago I bought some Motorola lapdocks for a raspberry pi project. So I decided to use the screen and speakers from that, since it have pretty nice quality.

SSD: I decided to use an msata 8gb boot drive from mydigitalssd, with a 2.5 inch SATA 3 adapter. And for the rest of my useless software I'll download and forget I managed to salvage a 650gb western digital HDD. 

Internet: 100ft cat5e (cheaper than a wifi card)

Operating system: elementary OS Freya or elementary OS Loki, with WINE installed.

Sorry if this post was kind of long.

14 minutes ago, I Suck At Captchas said:

Hi so after hours of searching Amazon and other sites I found some parts that I liked. But I just wanted to get someone else's input on whether there were better options, thanks. My goal is a semi decent school, gaming and editing desktop for under 200-250 USD. Upgrading and future proofing aren't really concerns of mine.

GPU: MSI GeForce GT 730 Kepler. However I had originally wanted to go with the EVGA GeForce GT 740.

Motherboard: Asrock fm2a68m-dg3+.

Power supply: Apevia 450 watt.

CPU: amd A4-7300, with stock cooler.

Case: I don't really care what it looks like, so I decided to use an old case that I cut into to an open air test bench sort of thing.

Ram: crucial ballistixs sport single 8gb ddr3 1600.

Peripherals: a few years ago I bought some Motorola lapdocks for a raspberry pi project. So I decided to use the screen and speakers from that, since it have pretty nice quality.

SSD: I decided to use an msata 8gb boot drive from mydigitalssd, with a 2.5 inch SATA 3 adapter. And for the rest of my useless software I'll download and forget I managed to salvage a 650gb western digital HDD. 

Internet: 100ft cat5e (cheaper than a wifi card)

Operating system: elementary OS Freya or elementary OS Loki, with WINE installed.

Sorry if this post was kind of long.

The budget and what you want is basically impossible with out using used parts. 

Can you give a location

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD A10-7700K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($94.99 @ Newegg) the iGPU paired with the 2400 ram should do better in games than the gt730. Also, it'll do much better in editing than the a4 you picked.
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88M PRO3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($48.98 @ Newegg) to properly utilise the 2400mhz ram.
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($39.88 @ OutletPC) to get the best fps you can on the apu.
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($37.99 @ NCIX US) 8gb isn't enough for a boot drive, get this instead.
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($23.33 @ OutletPC) i don't trust the apevia, this isn't that good but its decent enough.
Total: $245.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-10 20:40 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

15 hours ago, g12601 said:

The budget and what you want is basically impossible with out using used parts. 

Can you give a location

Los Angeles, thanks for the help.

15 hours ago, herman mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD A10-7700K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($94.99 @ Newegg) the iGPU paired with the 2400 ram should do better in games than the gt730. Also, it'll do much better in editing than the a4 you picked.
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88M PRO3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($48.98 @ Newegg) to properly utilise the 2400mhz ram.
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($39.88 @ OutletPC) to get the best fps you can on the apu.
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($37.99 @ NCIX US) 8gb isn't enough for a boot drive, get this instead.
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($23.33 @ OutletPC) i don't trust the apevia, this isn't that good but its decent enough.
Total: $245.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-10 20:40 EDT-0400

Thanks for the help. I might add an EVGA gt740 later since I was kinda hoping to not have to rely on onboard graphics, but for my budget I don't really know what I was expecting.