PCPARTPICKER SUGGESTIONS?

Laxer17

BUDGET: $1550

Hi I'm building a new pc and I wanna buy the parts tomorrow.

I want this STRICTLY for editing. 

I want it to kill 4k footage right out of the box with no overclocking. I want all parts to be VERY reliable.

I want this to last for years because I do a lot of 4k editing on a daily basis.

Also don't give me a build with a 1000 series they're absolute trash when it comes to cuda support and the new architecture hasn't quite updated yet to some of my applications.

Thing I want out of this build:

kill 4k footage with no overclocking

32gb of ram

a 480gb SSD that isn't cheap and shitty and will last for a while

I CPU that works fantastic with after effects (quad core or if you can squeeze in a 6 core :D)

a GPU that will allow me to play back color corrected 4k footage in premiere with ease and no overclocking

EASY INSTALLATION. I'm not a pro builder and I don't want to be doing something crazy I want the instructions to be explicitly clear. 

and a WDD black for extra footage (just 1tb not 2 much)

AND A MOBO THAT HAS GREAT REVIEWS AND WILL LAST FOR A WHILE AND PROBABLY NOT BREAK FIRST WEEK! 

Thanks!! 

12 minutes ago, Laxer17 said:

Hi I'm building a new pc and I wanna buy the parts tomorrow.

I want this STRICTLY for editing. 

I want it to kill 4k footage right out of the box with no overclocking. I want all parts to be VERY reliable.

I want this to last for years because I do a lot of 4k editing on a daily basis.

Also don't give me a build with a 1000 series they're absolute trash when it comes to cuda support and the new architecture hasn't quite updated yet to some of my applications.

Thing I want out of this build:

kill 4k footage with no overclocking

32gb of ram

a 480gb SSD that isn't cheap and shitty and will last for a while

I CPU that works fantastic with after effects (quad core or if you can squeeze in a 6 core :D)

a GPU that will allow me to play back color corrected 4k footage in premiere with ease and no overclocking

EASY INSTALLATION. I'm not a pro builder and I don't want to be doing something crazy I want the instructions to be explicitly clear. 

and a WDD black for extra footage (just 1tb not 2 much)

AND A MOBO THAT HAS GREAT REVIEWS AND WILL LAST FOR A WHILE AND PROBABLY NOT BREAK FIRST WEEK! 

Thanks!! 

It's not gonna "kill 4k" but that is because of your budget

1 minute ago, Jack Dvorak said:

It's not gonna "kill 4k" but that is because of your budget

a 970 should kill 4k????? I guess I can maybe extend it to $1650 but only if it's worth it.

You should look at this video.

Also the 1000 series is optimized for everything... I don't know what you are talking about...

Check out the cuda cores compared to the 900 series. 

ALSO the new architecture doesn't support all of my  3ds max plugins.

14 minutes ago, Laxer17 said:

Check out the cuda cores compared to the 900 series. 

ALSO the new architecture doesn't support all of my  3ds max plugins.

The architecture doesn't have to do with anything, drivers he's. It's because they are pretty new. Just because the cuda cores are higher doesn't mean that it's better. I mean look at the 780ti compared to the 1060. 1060 is better. Also the 970 could do decent at 4k with those games because the video is a year old. The 970 doesn't kill 4k editing either. This is the best I could do, the 1070 is cheaper than the 980ti which is worse than the 1070, so 1000 series or crap really.http://pcpartpicker.com/list/cZz6D8

The architecture doesn't have to do with anything, drivers he's. It's because they are pretty new. Just because the cuda cores are higher doesn't mean that it's better. I mean look at the 780ti compared to the 1060. 1060 is better. Also the 970 could do decent at 4k with those games because the video is a year old. The 970 doesn't kill 4k editing either. This is the best I could do, the 1070 is cheaper than the 980ti which is worse than the 1070, so 1000 series or crap really.http://pcpartpicker.com/list/cZz6D8

Thanks for the build but you do know Adobe CC has built in cuda support right?

2 minutes ago, Laxer17 said:

Thanks for the build but you do know Adobe CC has built in cuda support right?

He uses 3Dx Max. While 3dx max should have Cuda Support built-in (don't quote me on that) he says his plugins don't. These are made by 3rd party authors who may have actually abandoned it and some will not receive upgrades. So in the interest of preserving his workflow, he's asking people not to choose 10x0 series cards for him.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

I'm not sure you can get what you want right out of the box...

This is over-budget but it gives people coming here a place to start and maybe work off of?

Or maybe it'll be dismissed. Who knows lmao

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/gtL9cc
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/gtL9cc/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620 V4 2.1GHz 8-Core Processor  ($407.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($118.17 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus X99-DELUXE/U3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($378.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($103.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($199.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Armor 2X Video Card  ($499.96 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Cooler Master V850 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($168.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1877.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-09 16:56 EDT-0400

***I had this saved in pcpartpicker for another editing build someone asked for so yes it doesn't meet all your stated requirements, just like I said something for others to work off of or give you ideas***

Shipping sucks

4 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

I'm not sure you can get what you want right out of the box...

This is over-budget but it gives people coming here a place to start and maybe work off of?

Or maybe it'll be dismissed. Who knows lmao

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/gtL9cc
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/gtL9cc/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620 V4 2.1GHz 8-Core Processor  ($407.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($118.17 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus X99-DELUXE/U3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($378.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($103.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($199.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Armor 2X Video Card  ($499.96 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Cooler Master V850 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($168.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1877.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-09 16:56 EDT-0400

Spend less on a mobo xD 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0