Rumor: 1600x900 900p ‘to be the norm’ for XBox One

GoodBytes

NeoGAF well known user, CBOAT, says that Microsoft is rushing the release of the XBox One for this holiday season, and that it was suppose to be a 2014 launch. At release, it is expected that most, if not all games will run at 900p (1600x900) and not 1080p due to “reliability issues” due to the rush launch.

While games will eventually be in 1080p, we don't know when this will continue. In the mean times, games are made in 900p for this system.

“I hope you aren’t fans of 1080P on Xbox One.When hardware is released you’ll see what I mean about issues. Upclocks too risk everywhere, 2014 was a better idea.”

“Sounds like there’ll be problems a-la Xbox 360 with reliability and it was rushed out to be in 2013 rather than 2014 when planned.”

“I never said anything about forza being 1080p, but they should make it. Exception, not the rule though, nevermind trying to match eyecandy thanks to esram, 720p- 900p will be the norm on xbone just you watch.”

Of course, all this is rumor. And even if it's not, it will be temporary.. well until for a few years, then the console will be too old, and you'll see 900p and 720p games, for sure, much like the PS4.

But, the point is, if you start doing graphical comparison with the PS4, and the XBox One doesn't look as nice, we will know why.

Source: http://vr-zone.com/articles/rumor-neogaf-source-claims-900p-norm-xbox-one-games/60385.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+vr-zone+(VR-Zone+|+Coolest+Gadgets+for+Men%2C+Geek%2C+Nerd%2C+Overclockers+and+Enthusiast%29

I can see where they are coming from. If they miss Q4 and let PS4 grab all of the holiday season they would be at a serious disadvantage.

Giggles shall be had :3

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I feel sorry for console gamers. Still under 1080p.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

So 900p upscaled.

Well we are already used it now anyway, having 720p upscaled. 

They'll still tell everyone at the launch that it's gonna be 4K ready and all of this shit. They're gonna make it seem so much faster than it really is which misleads the customers big time. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I bet in a year or two most games will be in 1080p at 30 FPS, hopefully. I have no problem with games being upscaled to 1080p because I'm used to it and I just want to play with friends and not have to worry about graphics or performance.

Honestly, I could have waited a year or two for the next-gen consoles to have been released. I'm sticking with Xbox One even though they said. "1080p at 60 FPS" in their conference and am sort of upset that most games at launch will be lower resolution besides Forza 5.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I would rather have a game be upscaled from 900p at 60fps than native 1080p at 30fps.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I would rather have a game be upscaled from 900p at 60fps than native 1080p at 30fps.

Don't get your hopes up for 60 fps at any res for the Next gen consoles...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Don't get your hopes up for 60 fps at any res for the Next gen consoles...

They will eventually making game with a 30fps cap because the majority of comsumers think they don't notice a difference. It would have been nice if they could have put a better GPU in it.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

They will eventually making game with a 30fps cap because the majority of comsumers think they don't notice a difference. It would have been nice if they could have put a better GPU in it.

The majority of customers haven't seen 60 fps...

Hail Sithis!

900p isn't that bad. At least it's not sub-HD being upscaled all the way to 1080p like this gen. Neither console is really running amazing high-end hardware. Even with optimization and whatever else they do I dont expect 1080p to be the norm for games. Honestly, I'd take 720p upscaled as the norm if it got rid of the massive frame rate problems that have plauged consoles since the switch to 3D and especially this generation. Frame rates have been complete crap on consoles the last 8 years.

I'm sure a lot of them have played or seen someone play CoD.

Spoiler

That's actually quite inaccurate. Though most don't seem to be aware of it, the following games are actually rendering and running at a near constant 60 frames per second on current-gen platforms:

• Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Call of Duty: World at War
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Forza Motorsport 3
  • Forza Motorsport 4
  • Forza Horizon
  • Gran Turismo 5

There may well be others. These are just the ones I am personally aware of.

There are plenty of games on current gen consoles which run at 60 frames per second. Battlefield 3 on current-gen consoles is a horrid experience, as they focused on trying to make impressive graphics rather than fluid graphics. Call of Duty on the other hand always focused on extremely low-latency input and a full 60 frames per second output.

When developers make a game they can choose to deliver it at 60fps or 30fps. Most choose the latter in an effort to deliver as much graphical complexity and detail as they can achieve whilst retaining an acceptably fluid experience to the player.

The only thing that makes the whole thing different on the console is that we don't have the option to customise the graphical options whatsoever. Some of us would prefer to lower the graphical settings in order to obtain higher framerates or vice versa, but on the console we simply don't have that choice. The only game I'm aware of to deliver a modicum of control in this regard is the original BioShock, which allowed you to unlock the framerate of the game.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

That's actually quite inaccurate. Though most don't seem to be aware of it, the following games are actually rendering and running at a near constant 60 frames per second on current-gen platforms:

• Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Call of Duty: World at War
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Forza Motorsport 3
  • Forza Motorsport 4
  • Forza Horizon
  • Gran Turismo 5

There may well be others. These are just the ones I am personally aware of.

There are plenty of games on current gen consoles which run at 60 frames per second. Battlefield 3 on current-gen consoles is a horrid experience, as they focused on trying to make impressive graphics rather than fluid graphics. Call of Duty on the other hand always focused on extremely low-latency input and a full 60 frames per second output.

When developers make a game they can choose to deliver it at 60fps or 30fps. Most choose the latter in an effort to deliver as much graphical complexity and detail as they can achieve whilst retaining an acceptably fluid experience to the player.

The only thing that makes the whole thing different on the console is that we don't have the option to customise the graphical options whatsoever. Some of us would prefer to lower the graphical settings in order to obtain higher framerates or vice versa, but on the console we simply don't have that choice. The only game I'm aware of to deliver a modicum of control in this regard is the original BioShock, which allowed you to unlock the framerate of the game.

Actually Forza Horizon is at 30fps obviously :D 

http://n4g.com/news/1018344/forza-horizons-30fps-choice-defended-by-playground-games#c-6619838

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

My bad. I assumed it ran at 60fps given that its predecessors / big brothers do. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I feel sorry for console gamers. Still under 1080p.

And unfortunately all my friends that are console gamer's refuse to listen to me when I tell them to switch to PC games. All they tell me is that they prefer the gaming experience better than PC and also that consoles are better for gaming with other friends...

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Bad news for PC ports though?

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Bad news for PC ports though?

The resolution limitations of consoles have little effect on PC games, unless they're crappy ports.

Honestly, they should have made like $100 more expensive, made it a windows 8 machine with a xbox plug in, and put a better gpu in it. Also, compatible with steam.

This version of the Xbox = Xbox actually dominating the living room and all other competition. 

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

To me the fact that they are rushing makes me more concerned with the Xbox one having it's own red ring of death more than what resolution the games play at. If they end up with unreliable hardware I really don't know how they would plan on lasting very long. I sure hope people don't put up with it again like they did with the 360.