What do you recommend Rx 480-gtx 1060

AngelRafa

Gtx 1060 6gb will perform better.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Depends on which game and budget

4 minutes ago, AngelRafa said:

What do you recommend -

rx 480 vs gtx 1060 6

What are your full specs and monitor please? Also what do you aim for gaming wise?

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

Depends on games :P

New games favor the 480 and old ones / gameworks titles play better on the 1060

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Get the one that plays your games better than the other?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

here is the gist of it

TLDR/TLDW

DX11  GTX1060 6GB

DX12  RX 480

GTX1060 runs cooler, uses less power, higher clockspeed, can't SLi

RX 480 runs hotter, use a bit more power, higher memory bandwidth, higher memory capacity, CrossFire ready

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

As for now gtx 1060 is a better performer. But if u r looking for future upgrading then I would suggest go for rx480 as they support crossfire and gtx 1060 lacks sli support

This also depends on ur mother board if it support crossfire, ur CPU if its powerful enough to feed two cards and ur power supply if it is able to provide enough wattage and the connections required.

If those factor play a are negative for u, get a gtx 1060 6gb version

Rx 480 might change the game due to it's async compute capabilities in dx12, though the gains are not gonna be super high.

Crossfiring 2 480s isn't a good idea... If a 480 get's too slow, sell it and buy a better Card. In 1080p, a GTX 1070 is faster, because Crossfire scales like shit.

Plus, 1070 in my country starts at 399€ (after Tax), while the cheapest RX 480 custom costs 289-299€.

My recommendation here:

If you have a Freesync monitor, or plan to upgrade into one in the near future, get a RX 480 (MSI Gaming > Asus Strix (very loud out of the box because of very aggressive Fans, but you can tweak it into silent) > Powercolor Red Devil).

If you have no Freesync Monitor, and don't plan to buy one in the next 1-2 years: GTX 1060 (EVGA SC, MSI OC 6G, Zotac AMP!, Palit Jetstream, Gainward Phoenix. If you want the best of the best: MSI Gaming)

I would go for the 1060, however, both the 480 and the 1060 are kind of crazily high priced at the moment. They're like $40 more than what they should be (or out of stock). I would wait until both are actually in stock (if it ever happens) and the prices are lower. I would avoid the tiny Mini ITX versions of the 1060 as I heard they overheat pretty bad (They are cheaper though). Newegg has the best pricing so far, but most of their stuff is out of stock.

1 hour ago, Darkseth said:

Crossfiring 2 480s isn't a good idea... If a 480 get's too slow, sell it and buy a better Card. In 1080p, a GTX 1070 is faster, because Crossfire scales like shit.

Plus, 1070 in my country starts at 399€ (after Tax), while the cheapest RX 480 custom costs 289-299€.

My recommendation here:

If you have a Freesync monitor, or plan to upgrade into one in the near future, get a RX 480 (MSI Gaming > Asus Strix (very loud out of the box because of very aggressive Fans, but you can tweak it into silent) > Powercolor Red Devil).

If you have no Freesync Monitor, and don't plan to buy one in the next 1-2 years: GTX 1060 (EVGA SC, MSI OC 6G, Zotac AMP!, Palit Jetstream, Gainward Phoenix. If you want the best of the best: MSI Gaming)

The choice is between Rx 480 and gtx 1060. Running dual Rx 480 in crossfire is just a future planning as one can get a decent performance boost and games scale much better now and will improve in future, thanks to dx12 and improving driver support. It's just an idea to gain more fps without spending a lots of money, I mean to say its better to get a second rx480 rather than a much expensive gtx 1070. Here in India gtx 1070 cost twice of what Rx 480 costs. Crossfire Rx 480 beats gtx 1070 in almost every game with multi GPU support which most of the titles support now a days. Though power consumption and frame times are something important to keep in mind. Adding a second rx480 in future is just a more cost effective way of boosting performance for the budget now. 

I don't know what will be in the future. But right now, the scaling is pretty bad, and worse than it was a few years ago. Some latest games have even very bad multi GPU scaling, or even NONE at all.

A 2nd RX 480 is not worth it, you get tons or disadvantages, and mostly only 50-70% more performance.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/RX_480_CrossFire/19.html

No, 1 1070 is faster overall, considering non-scaling games too.

If you only compare with Crossfire scaling games, the 2 480s beat the 1070 by just a little bit (like 15% or so)

In 1440p it's even only 21% faster than a single 1070. Still not worth, because of all the disadvantages like micro-stuttering, driver problems/profiles needed, etc.

And also keep in mind, when you add a 2nd one in 2 years, you might get a cost efficient fps boost. But then 2 another years later, when you want to sell both of them, they will be worth even less, so you lose even more money. And the Power consumption that adds up, can be easy 20-40 bucks per year, depending on how much you play. And the additional Noise...

Aw damn, it really depends on country... Here in germany, the cheapest 1070 custom is at 399€. A Custom rx 480 starts at 299€ (all with taxes included)

3 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

I don't know what will be in the future. But right now, the scaling is pretty bad, and worse than it was a few years ago. Some latest games have even very bad multi GPU scaling, or even NONE at all.

A 2nd RX 480 is not worth it, you get tons or disadvantages, and mostly only 50-70% more performance.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/RX_480_CrossFire/19.html

No, 1 1070 is faster overall, considering non-scaling games too.

If you only compare with Crossfire scaling games, the 2 480s beat the 1070 by just a little bit (like 15% or so)

In 1440p it's even only 21% faster than a single 1070. Still not worth, because of all the disadvantages like micro-stuttering, driver problems/profiles needed, etc.

And also keep in mind, when you add a 2nd one in 2 years, you might get a cost efficient fps boost. But then 2 another years later, when you want to sell both of them, they will be worth even less, so you lose even more money. And the Power consumption that adds up, can be easy 20-40 bucks per year, depending on how much you play. And the additional Noise...

Aw damn, it really depends on country... Here in germany, the cheapest 1070 custom is at 399€. A Custom rx 480 starts at 299€ (all with taxes included)

Ya, micro stuttering is something to keep in mind though, but given the choice which does not include gtx 1070, u can't go wrong with Rx 480 keeping in mind u can boost performance in a cost effective way. Micro stutter sometimes become macro and is really annoying but that will improve in future . Given gtx 1070 was given in choice, it would have been the card I would have suggested. 

And for pricing, gtx 1060 6gb is cheaper than Rx 480 4gb version in India..... Lol ??. It matters where the person is living.