EA is to blame.

Mornincupofhate

Can't blame EA for this, everyone seems to be getting hit with this large DDOS attacks. They always seem to target game servers that are know for having high volumes of connections already due to users. 

7 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

"They shouldn't have to offer protection against attacks"

Are you on opiates or something.

So basically you're saying they should just sit back and let their servers be attacked and we shouldn't criticize them at all??

Okay, let me put it this way:

Would you steal, destroy, and vandalize your neighbors property if they didn't have a fence? 

If your answer is yes, then you're part of the problem. We shouldn't have to protect against these things, but because of the world we live in we have to have precautions in place to deal with these situations. EA was the victim of a DDOS attack during the launch of BF1 beta where traffic was already high. This didn't take the game servers offline, it just loaded up the login servers (which also didn't go offline) causing massive latency and connection issues for some people. 

Even the best network is susceptible to DDOS attacks, and we shouldn't be blaming EA because they got DDOS'd and their services were compromised for a period of time, we should be blaming the aggressor, Poodle Virgins.

Just now, Belgarathian said:

Okay, let me put it this way:

Would you steal, destroy, and vandalize your neighbors property if they didn't have a fence? 

If your answer is yes, then you're part of the problem. We shouldn't have to protect against these things, but because of the world we live in we have to have precautions in place to deal with these situations. EA was the victim of a DDOS attack during the launch of BF1 beta where traffic was already high. This didn't take the game servers offline, it just loaded up the login servers (which also didn't go offline) causing massive latency and connection issues for some people. 

I mean, it practically took their servers offline, considering you even said it created massive latency to the point where clients were dropping randomly in large amounts. 

Anyways, they should have prepared for this, a company like EA has more than enough money to have a couple hundred servers on backup.

Just now, Mornincupofhate said:

I mean, it practically took their servers offline, considering you even said it created massive latency to the point where clients were dropping randomly in large amounts. 

Anyways, they should have prepared for this, a company like EA has more than enough money to have a couple hundred servers on backup.

I honestly don't think you understand the logistics and expenses of having 'a couple hundred servers on backup'. Besides, a better strategy would be to spend on mitigation of DDOS attacks rather than having a replicated backup. 

Quick question (for research) - 

1. Do you vote for Donald Trump
  2. Do you support the NRA in arming more of the public to prevent mass shootings and terrorist attacks in the USA?

1 hour ago, Belgarathian said:

I honestly don't think you understand the logistics and expenses of having 'a couple hundred servers on backup'. Besides, a better strategy would be to spend on mitigation of DDOS attacks rather than having a replicated backup. 

Quick question (for research) - 

1. Do you vote for Donald Trump
  2. Do you support the NRA in arming more of the public to prevent mass shootings and terrorist attacks in the USA?

yes and yes

12 hours ago, Mornincupofhate said:

Well I mean, the rape victim could have been carrying a weapon, or some form of defense, and not just walk down a dark empty street with no protection.

Victim blaming is a REAL problem. This isn't something to joke about. It's completely wrong and you end up with judges telling victims they should've squeezed their legs if they didn't want to be raped (I'm not kidding, this is a real thing that happened recently).

DDoS attacks are similar, there's more to it than throwing servers at the problem and even though there are ways to help with a DDoS attack, it's impossible to completely defend against one.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

8 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Victim blaming is a REAL problem. This isn't something to joke about. It's completely wrong and you end up with judges telling victims they should've squeezed their legs if they didn't want to be raped (I'm not kidding, this is a real thing that happened recently).

DDoS attacks are similar, there's more to it than throwing servers at the problem and even though there are ways to help with a DDoS attack, it's impossible to completely defend against one.

I wasn't joking about it. He made a really stupid statement and I was proposing an argument.

On 3 September 2016 at 8:18 PM, Mornincupofhate said:

yes and yes

11 hours ago, Mornincupofhate said:

I wasn't joking about it. He made a really stupid statement and I was proposing an argument.

???....?????

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRK8mYrtPim1OjZA5NQgvx

People.... EA servers have always sucked. I mean look at the horrid launch of Sim City. Why are people acting like this is new? It doesnt matter what game it is, they will find a way to screw it up. It just how EA is, Maybe we should nominate them for the Golden Poo Award. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

People.... EA servers have always sucked. I mean look at the horrid launch of Sim City. Why are people acting like this is new? It doesnt matter what game it is, they will find a way to screw it up. It just how EA is, Maybe we should nominate them for the Golden Poo Award. 

They won that award....

but out its not about that their servers suck (they don't anymore) they were DDoSd 

Are you kidding me ? this game is AWESOME. Those physics are great. I never played a game where object destruction is so realistic!

Think it is Kane doing it because of their demoliton of Westwood and the C&C Universe.... Just my 2 cents on EA :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

If Blizzard can handle a DDOS attack because of the new WoW Expansion than I don't see why EA shouldn't be ready for these attacks. They know they've been attacked in the past so you'd think they'd be ready this time or more careful or something. Blizzard clearly has their shit together and EA does not. Another reason to not buy an EA game the servers are shit. Also @Belgarathian wouldn't vote for trump if I could and yes I'd support arming the public to prevent shootings. It just makes sense to me. If you're a terrorist or a robber and you're planning to go and kill a bunch of people do you think it'd be easier to kill unarmed people or armed people? Sure, in both scenarios at least 1 person would do most likely but in the first scenario many more would die because they are unarmed and are waiting for other people to arrive and help them.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!