Windows is 8 is perfect, but there is just one problem- updates

Guest Gazzer96

I love windows 8; it is my favorite OS, but the latest updates seems to stop Windows from starting up properly: after I have installed the Windows 8 updates it shows the loading screen as normal, then the monitor just flashes on and off constantly, never able to load on to the logon screen. Luckily I created a system restore point before hand. I tried a second time, but I am still met with the same problem. I was not 3 time luckily either. I was forced to disable automatic updates and from then o everything seems to be fine.

Is anyone else getting this problem?  If this fixable please do tell me as I do prefer to able to keep my computer up-to-date.

I'm  just about to update, i will report back.

Make sure you create a system restore point before you do.

Was it just me or like a few days ago there were like 40 random updates? I did them and fine for now... nothing changed.

I didn't get them? 

Just so everybody knows the update that buggered my install is called: "Update for Windows 8 for x64-based Systems (KB2876415)"

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

Was it just me or like a few days ago there were like 40 random updates? I did them and fine for now... nothing changed.

On mine I only have about 18 updates waiting to be installed.

I didn't get them? 

Just so everybody knows the update that buggered my install is called: "Update for Windows 8 for x64-based Systems (KB2876415)"

I have updated listed, but with the code KB289628.

I am going to try to install everything apart from that one update (Update for Windows 8 for x64-based Systems) and see if I can launch up Windows correctly.

I have updated listed, but with the code KB289628.

I am going to try to install everything apart from that one update (Update for Windows 8 for x64-based Systems) and see if I can launch up Windows correctly.

Nope, still not working.