Pokemon Go Hype Dying down According to recent analytical data

fix it niantic.

(why'd you remove footprints?!)

honestly, i haven't seen that many people play it.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Got to lvl 5 the first night I played it and saw how boring the actual game was. Only reason I even did that much was cuz my friend enjoyed it and I was hanging out with him thsy night. All it made me want to do was play proper Pokemon games on Nintendo consoles.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

7 hours ago, NuroKnight said:

The developers say that they're are going to slowly integrate more and more features into the game as it matures. They say that they want to see how the game will be perceived by the public, until they start adding more stuff.  

That's a very stupid strategy. Not that Niantic has shown any intelligence or competence so far. 

Releasing a hollow game to gauge interest whilst removing some of the few features that actually exist within the first month.

They're strangling their own game through ineptitude and they'll probably conclude that it died because of lack of interest. Sounds about right.

5 hours ago, MilkJugg24 said:

And watch it spike even higher when Gen 2 is released. 

I'm not so sure that Gen 2 will have the same draw as this first release. I only really played pokemon red/blue, and a little gold/silver. I'm much less attached to Gen 2 pokemon, I'd probably have a hard time naming any of them. Most of the people I know who play/played Pokemon Go are in the same boat as me.

Also, realistically unless they change the algorithms for Pokemon spawning or something, Gen 2 will just mean I'll see the same Gen 2 pokemon over and over again with all the rattatas and pidgeys I see now. Not going to bring me back into the game with that shit.

So some more obsessive "players" will do everything in no time and get bored. Who is surprised by this? Whatever is new will always attract more attention. Not everyone will stick long term, and have varying degrees of activity. See it for what it is, a long term game. It will evolve.

I'm mostly glad the tracking websites are down, as they were never in the spirit of the game. Do you really want an app telling you to get some somewhere within a certain time? Is that fun? The community sharing tips on how to catch what, where is part of the engagement. With that, they still need to improve the nearby indicator to do something useful.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

See when marketing to casuals you have to remember one thing they never stay in one place for very long, there have been hundreds of trendy apps and there will be hundreds more in the future, the problem with targeting the "trendy" people is that you'll never keep them for long.

Also their game sucked.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

That's not as big of a drop as I expected. From ~43 to ~30 million. That means  about 70% of players are still playing (on a day by day basis).

The game has gotten boring for me though. The way the xp system works makes it really punishing for higher level players. Having a pidgey break free from like 10 great balls, when the nearest Pokéstop is about 10km away is pretty brutal.

9 hours ago, Dionyz said:

I was very salty about taking out pokevision, but now that I look back at it. The website shouldn't ever have existed. It was basically a tool that hackers would use to catch all of the legendary pokemon. All you have to do is click anywhere in a major city. In seconds you can get a good amount of them.

Legendary pokemon are not in the game yet. So far I have only heard of one person catching one (using a glitch), but that person got it deleted. I am not even sure that was confirmed.

9 hours ago, Dionyz said:

Now massive amounts of damage is caused. Dragonites everywhere. (FYI you can report people with high CP dragonites, and they will actually ban them) I tried it myself, and I got a person banned for it. 

1) What do you consider "high CP dragonite"?

2) How do you know the people you think are cheaters aren't actually just legitimate players?

3) How do you know that person got banned?

7 hours ago, Deli said:

I'll play two more months and be done with it. Can't imagine going outside searching Pokemon in -10C condition.

Good point. Numbers will probably drop like a rock in regions where it becomes really cold (hello from Sweden).

9 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

The game has gotten boring for me though. The way the xp system works makes it really punishing for higher level players. Having a pidgey break free from like 10 great balls, when the nearest Pokéstop is about 10km away is pretty brutal.

Different people have different goals. Is the trainer level significant? Apart from making things harder, or bragging rights? And one food shop offering discounts depending on trainer level... Some go for pokemon quantity (I'm in that group), others like gym battles.

9 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Good point. Numbers will probably drop like a rock in regions where it becomes really cold (hello from Sweden).

That'll separate out the hardcore trainers from the casuals. I admit I'm only active on weekends, or if travelling. Sometimes there are local events too.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 minutes ago, porina said:

Different people have different goals. Is the trainer level significant? Apart from making things harder, or bragging rights? And one food shop offering discounts depending on trainer level... Some go for pokemon quantity (I'm in that group), others like gym battles.

Yes the trainer level is significant. The higher level you are, the stronger Pokemon you find meet/hatch.

For example I often meet Pokemon around CP 500 now.

It kind of sucks because everything becomes so hard to catch. I don't care about gym battles because they are boring (got several 1700+ Pokémon so I can take over most gyms by myself, if I just take the time) but the reward is so tiny and you will never be able to hold it for more than like an hour.

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Yes the trainer level is significant. The higher level you are, the stronger Pokemon you find meet/hatch.

For example I often meet Pokemon around CP 500 now.

Ok, had forgotten about that, but saw the different from <5 to current 18-ish. Does it keep going? I estimate I could gain 2 levels from lucky egg evolution, but haven't done it yet as I thought it would be advantageous to keep lower level.

If Nintendo had made a full pokemon game save for the exploration bit, i bet this wouldn't have happened :D

But combat was dumbed down quite a bit and I hear balance isn't great.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

That's not as big of a drop as I expected. From ~43 to ~30 million. That means  about 70% of players are still playing (on a day by day basis).

Legendary pokemon are not in the game yet. So far I have only heard of one person catching one (using a glitch), but that person got it deleted. I am not even sure that was confirmed.

1) What do you consider "high CP dragonite"?

2) How do you know the people you think are cheaters aren't actually just legitimate players?

3) How do you know that person got banned?

I have seen that person take a certain gym everyday. It gets taken down, and he reapplies his pokemon. It's been going on for 2 weeks, but now I don't see his name there anymore. 

A person is cheating if he has a 3k+ Dragonite. In my area I live where there is no drantini spawn. For a level 30 to get a 3k dragonite he would need a TON of drantini candy. I am talking about at least 200 (Evolving, and powering up) ... Like I said there is Zero spawn here. The only nest that ever existed was located in sacramento (Which all of the hackers were able to obtain their dragonites.) 

Dragonites do spawn but not at above 2.5k CP, and again it's a very very slim chance of them spawning. Heck you can be a level 30 and get a CP 500 dragonite. 

Not a really a mobile game i would play hardcore. Was never interested in pokemon at all as a kid (shock) 

just got that app to see what's up with it tbh. occasionally open it to see what's about. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Well... what did you expect? It's a game with sub par gameplay that revolves almost completely around the grind of finding the beasties. It's no wonder it gets boring pretty fast, especially if you don't have a lot of them in your area, which from what I gather is a widespread problem. It's not something you'd want to keep playing for an extended period of time. Most consistently popular apps and games have the common elements of only needing your attention for a short time, actively rewarding the grind with more grind and usually a big focus on multiplayer/social elements. Pokémon Go has some of these but in a more lackluster way - it requires you to physically move, which not everyone has the time to do, and eventually you'll have caught all types that you can realistically catch without doing a road trip.

All this comes from someone who had no interest in it (or other viral apps) to begin with so take it with a grain of salt, but I think it's fairly accurate.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

12 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Was never interested in pokemon at all as a kid (shock) 

Same here, I never understood what the big deal was about. I much preferred stuff like Tom & Jerry and Bugs Bunny.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Same here, I never understood what the big deal was about. I much preferred stuff like Tom & Jerry and Bugs Bunny.

Alright keep it down. Don't want to trigger them all xD

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

duh did you expect it to stay at the same amount of people forever? I got bored after a week.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

5 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Alright keep it down. Don't want to trigger them all xD

hqdefault.jpg

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

wnIaRyJ.gif

1 hour ago, porina said:

Ok, had forgotten about that, but saw the different from <5 to current 18-ish. Does it keep going? I estimate I could gain 2 levels from lucky egg evolution, but haven't done it yet as I thought it would be advantageous to keep lower level.

I Guess in terms of QTY of pokeballs to catch stuff yes but you will get lower cp pokemon on avg.  Though you can catch the easy ones and get a bunch of candies then go for a strong one later on to evolve when you level up.  I Think after 20 though the highest level of Pokemon stops increasing  though you seem to find less lower level ones.

the gameplay is so boring, i just let a bot deal with the grinding

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

7 hours ago, porina said:

So some more obsessive "players" will do everything in no time and get bored. Who is surprised by this? Whatever is new will always attract more attention. Not everyone will stick long term, and have varying degrees of activity. See it for what it is, a long term game. It will evolve.

I'm mostly glad the tracking websites are down, as they were never in the spirit of the game. Do you really want an app telling you to get some somewhere within a certain time? Is that fun? The community sharing tips on how to catch what, where is part of the engagement. With that, they still need to improve the nearby indicator to do something useful.

More in depth tracking than the 3rd parties offered was touted in the teasers and release trailer. And contrary to popular opinion the third parties made use of API that Niantic purposefully included in their system and used the same info the API sent to the app. Niantic just had horrifically inefficient algorithms for obfuscation and "tracking" and its only gotten worse as they've tried to fix their decision making problems. They've slowed the refresh rate in the app, further obfuscated spawns, reduced the range of overworld interaction, and shut out 3rd parties who provided a tool that allowed many people their only valid way of making use of the game. Not everyone lives in an urban area with a large number of stops and gyms nearby. Many people live in areas where the spawn system just will not work for them without knowing what locations pokemon actually appear at and when.