NFS (2016) Community Review

DXMember

How's the new NFS 2016

Have you played it?

Does the always Online bother you?

What's it like? - NFS:UG/UG2, NFS:MW, NFS:ProStreet, NFS:Rivals ???

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Oh man, almost forgot about this game. I really wanted to try it out but I guess I just didn't. Oh well, from what I heard I'm not missing too much.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

5 minutes ago, DXMember said:

IDK about it but rivals sucked

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Well ever since prostreet came out (and that's me being nice to carbon...), all NFS released after are complete garbage...that's my opinion obviously but RIP NFS...

(this is a little bit of a rant: why would they ever name that garbage that came out in 2012 NFSMW? It doesn't deserve to hold that name :/ Only the original NFSMW that came out in 2005 deserves to hold the name most wanted ;-;)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

11 minutes ago, DXMember said:

How's the new NFS 2016

Have you played it?

Does the always Online bother you?

What's it like? - NFS:UG/UG2, NFS:MW, NFS:ProStreet, NFS:Rivals ???

well i have the game and ive completed it... from the hours done on it, i would say its a 6/10. the story line is cool but it could be better. and some bugs still need to be fixed.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I thought this was abot Network File Shares at first. RIP

I played Rivals which wasn't too bad. I didn't care too much for the objective type of "racing" though. Cops would have to stop the criminals and the criminals would have to win a race while being pursued or just get away from cops.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

The first one I evert played was NFS:HP2

The one I enjoyed the most is a split between NFS:UG2 and NFS:MW - I'd say MW was favorite and UG2 was best NFS

The last one I launched was NFS:MW12 - fucking horrible

And the last one I actually played was NFS: The Run - can't say it was bad... but it was different, maybe if it didn't have NFS name it'd be an interesting standalone game

so... from the looks of it I think I'll be skipping this one as well ))

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

Got it. My view is...

Shit.

Runs like shit

controls are shit

cars turn like shit

acting is shit

live action is shit

the map is shit

How I feel for buying the game..... shit.

Download NFS U2 and put a texture mod on it.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

1 minute ago, leelaa14 said:

Got it. My view is...

Shit.

Runs like shit

controls are shit

cars turn like shit

acting is shit

live action is shit

the map is shit

I actually play NSF:UG2 with a registry hack at 1440p native, doesn't seem to need texture mods, the game holds incredibly well

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

I actually play NSF:UG2 with a registry hack at 1440p native, doesn't seem to need texture mods, the game holds incredibly well

I do agree, it holds very well. But I found a texture overhaul about a year ago which just gave it a nicer look for me. Just higher resolution stuff.

I don't think we will ever get another NFS game like it sadly.

I'm holding out for the next burnout game now.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Just now, leelaa14 said:

I do agree, it holds very well. But I found a texture overhaul about a year ago which just gave it a nicer look for me. Just higher resolution stuff.

I don't think we will ever get another NFS game like it sadly.

I'm holding out for the next burnout game now.

yup, Paradise is my favorite car game

any clue if they're making another one? Or are you just hoping they do?

3 minutes ago, DXMember said:

yup, Paradise is my favorite car game

any clue if they're making another one? Or are you just hoping they do?

I heard about a spiritual successor being made by the original devs or something. Honestly though I'm not sure what will happen. I hope though.

They already done the sports game, which seemed a fail going off of the reviews.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-02-criterion-founders-tease-burnout-spiritual-successor

45 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

Got it. My view is...

Shit.

Runs like shit

controls are shit

cars turn like shit

acting is shit

live action is shit

the map is shit

^ this

the only thing IMO nfs 2015 does very well is the frostbite engine. looks really good, and i don't know about your pc configuration but it ran fine when i had my 280x, and now with my 1070. 

honestly the biggest issue for me is how they now abandoned the title and moved on to the next iteration... they had a patch going that will add neon lights and a bunch of other things, but that was mysteriously scrapped... the very last thing they added was the 2017 GTR that performed pretty much exactly the same as the existing GTR...

37 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

I heard about a spiritual successor being made by the original devs or something. Honestly though I'm not sure what will happen. I hope though.

They already done the sports game, which seemed a fail going off of the reviews.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-02-criterion-founders-tease-burnout-spiritual-successor

that basically became vaporware. though i heard recently that a couple of driveclub ex-devs are trying to pick up the game again.