logs me out but doesn't log me out on Edge

themaniac

so on Edge it will log me out every now and then but when I go to a different part of the forum i'm logged in but if I go back to the original part i'm logged out, its not a huge issue just a bit annoying that I have to log in to fix it

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Just now, TheProfessionalAmateurs said:

Get Google Chrome

seriously... I've already used chrome, edge and chrome have such little performance difference that it doesn't matter, seriously chrome is not the end all browser

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

1 minute ago, themaniac said:

seriously...

Why not? xD 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

i no understand 

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Why not? xD 

tippers we know you like him

Just now, GreezyJeezy said:

i no understand 

I get logged out of ltt every now and again but for some reason if I go to a different sub forum I am logged in but the previous page will continue to say i'm logged out until I log in

Spoiler

1 minute ago, themaniac said:

I get logged out of ltt every now and again but for some reason if I go to a different sub forum I am logged in but the previous page will continue to say i'm logged out until I log in

its in the cache 

3 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

i no understand 

tippers we know you like him

I don't fucking like maniac. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

I don't fucking like maniac. 

Just now, GreezyJeezy said:

ok love

ok, lovers, can you keep your lovers quarrel in a status

Spoiler

When you signed into LTT for the first time with edge did it prompt you if you wanted to save that password?

If so, maybe update the password that edge has stored if not, try adding it to your keychain (I'll call it) in edge.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

When you signed into LTT for the first time with edge did it prompt you if you wanted to save that password?

If so, maybe update the password that edge has stored if not, try adding it to your keychain (I'll call it) in edge.

thanks i'll see if that works

Spoiler

Did you use the back button, or did you actually navigate within the site, to go back to the previous page? If you used the back button, Edge might (incorrectly) be caching the page.

That is a very weird issue though - your login is persisted through cookies, and the same cookies are sent with every request. Unless you have done some weird tampering with the cookies, I can't see any reason why it would do that.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Did you use the back button, or did you actually navigate within the site, to go back to the previous page? If you used the back button, Edge might (incorrectly) be caching the page.

That is a very weird issue though - your login is persisted through cookies, and the same cookies are sent with every request. Unless you have done some weird tampering with the cookies, I can't see any reason why it would do that.

I don't tend to use the back button, and i'm not intelligent enough to tamper with cookies

Spoiler

Just now, themaniac said:

I don't tend to use the back button, and i'm not intelligent enough to tamper with cookies

So the logging in and back out happens when you click links in the page?

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

So the logging in and back out happens when you click links in the page?

yeah

Spoiler

When you log in, do you click "Remember Me"?

yeah

Spoiler

This feels very much like an Edge bug, because I can't think of any way that it could happen with our code. Can you try signing out, then clearing all forum cookies and cache, then try signing in again? I'm not sure how it could help, but I can't think of anything else.

HTTP/2 203

This feels very much like an Edge bug, because I can't think of any way that it could happen with our code. Can you try signing out, then clearing all forum cookies and cache, then try signing in again? I'm not sure how it could help, but I can't think of anything else.

ok will do

Spoiler

On 21/08/2016 at 6:45 PM, themaniac said:

ok will do

Any update?

HTTP/2 203