The elaborate, time consuming and useless "challenge"

Torand

Ok, so, bit bored at the moment and in the heat of my boredom thought of this, although still unsure weather its been done on this forum before.

Challenge

Find the most annoying, illegible, time consuming, elaborate and useless way of displaying the popular phrase 'Hello World!', in your favored language.

Point

Ok, so there isn't really one, just self satisfaction and bragging rights, although questionable on what you'd brag about. 

Also, here's a few free bits for the winner, nom: 01100011 01101111 01101111 01101011 01101001 01100101

Parameters and Rules

Go nuts. Although please enclose the code in spoilers if its hugely nuts, please, if its just insanely complex - like beyond comprehension - mind blowing - pure insanity - please, someone, think of the children! Wait... gone a bit... nahh.

The following is "Hello World" in whitespace.

Hope you enjoyed that.

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

I'm having a good mind to write a script to make MatLab render it without hiding each iteration of loop, having it display each matrix once for each operation, which will mean three matrices for each pixel. But then again, the very thought of doing that makes me so annoyed I'd rather spend the time headbutting myself in the face :P

The following is "Hello World" in whitespace.

Hope you enjoyed that.

Hope someone else enjoys it now as well, q-u-o-t-e! :P

Ahh, dem feels near the middle, nearly make me well up, i think we are onto a winner! :(

I'm having a good mind to write a script to make MatLab render it without hiding each iteration of loop, having it display each matrix once for each operation, which will mean three matrices for each pixel. But then again, the very thought of doing that makes me so annoyed I'd rather spend the time headbutting myself in the face :P

HAHA! ^_^

Hello World

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

DISCLAIMER: I did not write a full raytracer, I borrowed from a small raytracer called smallpt http://www.kevinbeason.com/smallpt/.

I've always wanted to do something interesting with this code and never could come up with a good idea. Then this thread gave me inspiration. An hour of plotting all the letters and another hour of rendering later (preceded by a little frustration that the code wouldn't compile under windows and having to but up and work in my ubuntu vm) I have this.

PQL4Bi2.jpg

And here is a link to the a google doc of the code. It is pretty much just the smallpt code from the link above with the scene edited in the 'Sphere speres []' array.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B23rZ6PeXIB_cXl6ajQxRnFUWGs/edit?usp=sharing

Lastly, I just noticed I made an error in my plotting. It's probably easy to spot. If it bugs anyone I'll fix it. I'm going to go back to playing escape goat now.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

DISCLAIMER: I did not write a full raytracer, I borrowed from a small raytracer called smallpt http://www.kevinbeason.com/smallpt/.

I've always wanted to do something interesting with this code and never could come up with a good idea. Then this thread gave me inspiration. An hour of plotting all the letters and another hour of rendering later (preceded by a little frustration that the code wouldn't compile under windows and having to but up and work in my ubuntu vm) I have this.

PQL4Bi2.jpg

And here is a link to the a google doc of the code. It is pretty much just the smallpt code from the link above with the scene edited in the 'Sphere speres []' array.

Lastly, I just noticed I made an error in my plotting. It's probably easy to spot. If it bugs anyone I'll fix it. I'm going to go back to playing escape goat now.

Very interesting, certainly an interesting take on it. Props!

Here's my PHP example;

<?php

$hwla = array("H", "e", "l", "l", "o", " ", "W", "o", "r", "l", "d", ".");

$len = count($hwla);

for ($i=0; $i<$len; $i++) {

echo $hwla[$i];

}

?>

I'm not using anything complex, If I put more time into it I could use associative and multidimensional arrays to further complicate it, jumble it up and re order it using sort() and rsort(). You could go on.. :P

I was also surprised by the syntax of languages being so close, C being my first language I really learnt. 

most languages can just do....

def hello1():

print 'hello world!'

def hello2():

hello1()

def hello3():

hello2()

ect. ect. :P

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

At least whitespace is kind of readable, in some sense

heres Hello World! in Malbolge

('&%:9]!~}|z2Vxwv-,POqponl$Hjig%eB@@>a=<M:9[p6tsl1TS/QlOj)L(I&%$""Z~AA@UZ=RvttT`R5P3m0LEDh,T*?(b&`$#87[}{W

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Here is something for the C++ template lovers, featuring macros!

#include <iostream>using namespace std;template<char C>void print();#define PRINT(I,C) \    template<> \    void print<I>() { \      cout << C; \    }#define FOREACH(MACRO) \    MACRO(0, 'H') \    MACRO(1, 'e') \    MACRO(2, 'l') \    MACRO(3, 'l') \    MACRO(4, 'o') \    MACRO(5, ' ') \    MACRO(6, 'W') \    MACRO(7, 'o') \    MACRO(8, 'r') \    MACRO(9, 'l') \    MACRO(10, 'd') \    MACRO(11, '!')FOREACH(PRINT)template<int I = 0>struct MetaPrinter {  static void next() {    print<I>();    MetaPrinter<(int)I+1>::next();  }};template<>struct MetaPrinter<12> {  static void next() {    cout << endl;  }};int main() {  MetaPrinter<0>::next();  return 0;}

It might not be very elaborate, illegible or time-consuming, but it's definitely useless!

PQL4Bi2.jpg

Not quite as pretty, I haven't gotten around to area lights or fuzz yet.

SUHJAUQ.png

Not quite as pretty, I haven't gotten around to area lights or fuzz yet.

Well, if you wrote the ray-trace yourself you deserve mad props. I was just playing script kiddie :D.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

And I'm back, this time with something for the Lisp users, particularly clisp:

(defgeneric hello (x))(defmethod hello ((x integer)) (format t "W") (call-next-method))(defmethod hello ((x real)) (format t "o") (call-next-method))(defmethod hello ((x number)) (format t "r"))(defmethod hello :after ((x number)) (format t "l"))(defmethod hello :after ((x real)) (format t "d"))(defmethod hello :after ((x integer)) (format t "!"))(defmethod hello :before ((x integer)) (format t "l"))(defmethod hello :before ((x real)) (format t "o"))(defmethod hello :before ((x number)) (format t " "))(defmethod hello :around ((x integer)) (format t "H") (call-next-method))(defmethod hello :around ((x real)) (format t "e") (call-next-method))(defmethod hello :around ((x number)) (format t "l") (call-next-method))(hello 5) ; You can call with any value, as long as it's an integer!

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
Just some simple HTML

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<head>

<title>Hello World</title>

</head>

<body>

<p>Hello World<p>

</body>

</html>

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

"Hello World" in Python

print "Hello World"

OMG that was so hard. :D

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

program WorkIt;
  procedure WriteIt (s : string);
     function BreakIt (s : string; i : integer) : string;
        begin
        if i > 1 then write (BreakIt (s, i - 1));
        result := s ;
        end;
  begin
  BreakIt (s, Length (s) + 1);
  end;

begin
WriteIt ('Hello World');
end;

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

public class Test1 {    public static void main(String[] args) {        System.out.println(dlrowolleh(1, "!DlRow OlLeH"));    }    public static String dlrowolleh(int i, String st) {        if (st.length() >= i) {            st = dlrowolleh(i + 1, st);            st = st.substring(0, st.length() - i) + st.substring(st.length() - 1) + st.substring(st.length() - i, st.length() - 1);            for (int x = 0; x < st.length() - 1; x++) {                if (x == 0) {                    st = st.substring(0, x + 1).toUpperCase() + st.substring(x + 1, st.length()).toLowerCase();                } else if (st.charAt(x) == ' ') {                    st = st.substring(0, x + 1) + st.substring(x + 1, x + 2).toUpperCase() + st.substring((x + 2), st.length());                }            }        }        return st;    }}

cause ... why the fuck should I make it easy?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

What? No VHDL? I am disappoint. Maybe I'll try to make a contribution in that direction.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!