Lets talk "No Man's Sky"

No Mans Sky  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Poll

• I dislike No Man's Sky (Won't buy it)
    • I like No Man's Sky (Buy it)

This game has been exciting me for quite a while, however it failed on PC, I know it will be fixed soon, though, when it is, will you buy it? Do you like the game from what you see or is it boring to you? I am curious to know the opinions about this game.

EDIT: Guys I have just found out a possible fix for the lag and crashing. Try to turn off Vsync and cap FPS to max

There's no guarantee that all the problems will be fixed so I'm going to wait and see.

Even if all the optimisation issues get fixed I don't know if the gameplay is good enough for me. 

No Man's Buy. 

Just now, razor767 said:

There's no guarantee that all the problems will be fixed so I'm going to wait and see.

Even if the all the optimisation issues get fixed I don't know if the gameplay is good enough for me. 

No Man's Buy. 

Yeah the price is too high from the gameplay I've seen and I guess I'll buy it at a sale or when the price lowers. The problem about it is that it is an indie game at an AAA price

i just managed a whole 8 minutes of gameplay before it just closed out of nowhere. not before dropping to sub 30fps for a minute or 2 though

Guys I have just found out a possible fix for the lag and crashing. Try to turn off Vsync and cap FPS to max

Haven't had a issue tbh. 

It just doesn't like Alt + Tab in fullscreen.

But that's it really. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Haven't had a issue tbh. 

It just doesn't like Alt + Tab in fullscreen.

But that's it really. 

Do you enjoy the game because I want to know if I should buy it

1 minute ago, RaptorCock said:

Guys I have just found out a possible fix for the lag and crashing. Try to turn off Vsync and cap FPS to max

if i do that i get horrible screen tearing

Just now, RaptorCock said:

Do you enjoy the game because I want to know if I should buy it

It's alright. Wouldn't pay full price for it. 

Or just not buy it at all :ph34r:

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

It's alright. Wouldn't pay full price for it. 

Or just not buy it at all :ph34r:

I guess I'll wait until price lowers and buy BF1 or Civ VI

seems alright to me, but i always wait for these kind of newcomers "if it isen`t like a killer" game. I always for some review for the game i look at. I always look out for angryjoe`s review of the game if he makes one.

I love it, put 12 hours in to it already. I'm using the experimental branch which makes the game very smooth, no stutters. Also adds a mouse smoothing option in the options menu (which I have at 0)

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Not enough depth and too simple and repetitive Gameplaymechanics for a fullprice Title. No Sandbox, no System has anything to do with the next one. Maybe in a Sale for max. 15€-20€.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

3 hours ago, Praesi said:

Not enough depth and too simple and repetitive Gameplaymechanics for a fullprice Title. No Sandbox, no System has anything to do with the next one. Maybe in a Sale for max. 15€-20€.

What do you recommend as a space game?

2 hours ago, RaptorCock said:

Elite Dangerous.

11 hours ago, RaptorCock said:

Elite Dangerous is good in case of combat, ships ect. But there is no Story. Rebell Galaxy is fun if you enjoy 3rd Person combat.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I do enjoy the game so far. I've put in 13 hours and it looks like I've barely scratched the surface.

I'm not too bothered by there not being a strict plot that I absolutely must follow. That's how the game is intended, just free exploration and discovering stuff.

That said it's probably not everyone's cup of tea.

What I can't get around is people complaining about a game they never even tried, based on someone else streaming an opinionated version of the game.

Sure, there are some issues but pretty much all games get patched over time so it shouldn't be news that there are bugs.

With No Man's Sky, I've got 12 hours of gameplay now, still in my first solar system, but I'm gold farming right now as my starter planet is absolutely covered in the stuff, might as well make money now whilst I've got the time and resources to do so.

I've just gone onto the experimental branch, so hopefully that'll sort out the alt+tab issue, the game would never open back up, although I could still control it from the desktop, that was my issue with it.

It's a good game in my opinion, admittedly I still want them to add multiplayer to it, even if it's just local multiplayer with my friends, I don't really care about multiplayer on a global scale, if I wanted that I'd play elite dangerous. I've fixed the FoV issue by going into the XML files and changing the values to over 100, I'm happy with 140, although I want them to increase the render distance now, as sometimes it's too short when flying at speed to properly dodge some of the larger asteroids.

Overall, it's very nearly the game I expected, just needs the addition of multiplayer down the line and allowing for multiple saves or even being able to restart the game to make it a solid game for me. Currently I'd rate it 7.5/10, with it going up to 8.5 or 9 if they add in the features mentioned above.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

On 8/15/2016 at 7:26 AM, Thorium19 said:

With No Man's Sky, I've got 12 hours of gameplay now, still in my first solar system, but I'm gold farming right now as my starter planet is absolutely covered in the stuff, might as well make money now whilst I've got the time and resources to do so.

I've just gone onto the experimental branch, so hopefully that'll sort out the alt+tab issue, the game would never open back up, although I could still control it from the desktop, that was my issue with it.

It's a good game in my opinion, admittedly I still want them to add multiplayer to it, even if it's just local multiplayer with my friends, I don't really care about multiplayer on a global scale, if I wanted that I'd play elite dangerous. I've fixed the FoV issue by going into the XML files and changing the values to over 100, I'm happy with 140, although I want them to increase the render distance now, as sometimes it's too short when flying at speed to properly dodge some of the larger asteroids.

Overall, it's very nearly the game I expected, just needs the addition of multiplayer down the line and allowing for multiple saves or even being able to restart the game to make it a solid game for me. Currently I'd rate it 7.5/10, with it going up to 8.5 or 9 if they add in the features mentioned above.

im pretty sure they said they will and sean murray couldnt delay anymore thats why some of the things he promised aren't in yet, the hype will eventually come back once he adds everything he needs to add back

I am 30 hours into the game and still really enjoying it. It runs really well at 1440p on my rig (specs in sig). SO far the only things that aren't in the game that I would like to see as standard is low flying over the planet and a greater render distance. 

I own ED but did get a bit bored after about 40 hours, plus I was disappointed that they were selling each update at a full game price. 

Overall NMS is a nice arcadey space game. Beautiful visuals and great for screenshots. I play this game to relax, the music is really nice and just wandering around planets feels really good. I look forward to the updates but like the game where it currently is. 

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.5ghz | Mobo: Asus B85MG | RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: R9 390X 

SSD: Kingston 240GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W | Case: CIT Dominator + 6 Corsair AF120 Fans all around | 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master TX3 | Monitor: BenQ XL2730z 144Mhz 1440p | 

Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE | Mouse: Razer DeatherAdder Chroma

Still unstable: the first patch managed to fix all issues but then they did a second patch that brought back some of the issues: namely the lag spikes are present when exploring the surfaces of planets. It's VERY common while on your ship and very uncommon (but happens) while on foot. 

I wouldn't buy it in it's current state specially since the devs are really stupid and can't patch something without introducing regressions, it will take a while for everything to work better and even if everything was working ok, it's way overpriced what it is.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Looks like they get away with it again. It doesnt matter if Someone enjoy its current content or not. The Fact Sean is a lying Bitch should be Reason enough to send Hello Games to Hell.