PC lighting, Mag-lev fans and Grid+ V2 questions

I need some help with the aforementioned things in my title. I just recently purchased the NZXT hue, and know that it's definitely going to work with the Grid+ V2, which is perfect since I need a fan controller that will work with the same software as the RGB lighting. I also wanted to splurge a little and got the new ML pro series LED fans from corsair. I opened them to find that they're 4 pin headers, and now I also just realized that the Grid+ only has 3 pins, but can accommodate 4 pin headers. Now doesn't the 4th pin on the fan headers allow for more control over the fans than just the standard 3 pins? Or am I just remembering wrong? I don't exactly want my fans to be running at ~1200RPM for example, but dipping from 1000-1400 in reality (I prefer the noise levels to stay constant instead of varying, it makes it much less annoying). 

I was wondering if anyone could just help clarify things for me a little bit and be able to tell me whether or not my worries are for naught. Thanks in advice :).

You will need PWM connectors for those fans, as the PWM works by supplying all the 12V to the fans and then digitally controlling the speed. This way you achieve the necessary voltage for the levitation to happen correctly and for the leds to light up as intended. The 3 pin works by adjusting the voltage up and down, not providint stable 12V all the time

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

1 minute ago, Xaring said:

You will need PWM connectors for those fans, as the PWM works by supplying all the 12V to the fans and then digitally controlling the speed. This way you achieve the necessary voltage for the levitation to happen correctly and for the leds to light up as intended. The 3 pin works by adjusting the voltage up and down, not providint stable 12V all the time

I see, so I guess the Grid+ v2 won't be what I'm looking for I guess, thanks for the clarification, much appreciated!