Corsair TXv2 750W RMA

Hi Guys...! 

Whats up?

Just wanna share my experience on RMA-ing Corsair TXv2 750W Power Supply.

So, Last June my PSU randomly died on me, dunno what the cause though suddenly when browsing the web my pc shit down immediately without any warning (you know like power outtage sort of). Then, i tried to turn on my pc again, and it did not response anything. At first my mobo speaker go crazy on 1 short beep non stop, but after a while the beep sound disappear. At this point im starting to assume that the power supply died, and borrowing another PSU from a good friend of mine to confirmed it.

I Remember that my Corsair TXv2 750W had a 5 Year Warranty (which at first i was skeptical) , then i went to my nearest certified corsair seller/distributor to RMA. The guy who served me was nice, he only asked me whats the problem with my unit and after i told him what just happened he took my my unit and gave me some receipt. He said i will got a replacement, but because my unit was an old model that not produced anymore so they need to ask to the main office to ask them what should they give to me for the New Unit. Even they not test my PSU.

After waiting for three days restlessly (but come on, it was the beginning of my Term Holiday and i could do any gaming anymore. So yeah its quite bothers me) Sure i got a notebook but thats a very low powered one. Anyway back again, He (the guy from my local corsair store) told me that i will got a Corsair CXM750. But wait, i remember that my TXv2 back at the day was ranked even higher thath the CSM Series, the TX series which is repalced by the RM series (if im not wrong) but now the RM series was quite a bit more expensive its about US$150. So I thought i will got the CSM750 thats around US$125, but they said i will got the CXM750 the price is around US105. for reference almost 4 years ago i bought my TXv2 about US$120.

*NOTE : This Pricing is from my country which is Indonesia, the pricing on my country really sucks cause of the inflation and Taxes. for Reference The Cheapest RX 480 4GB its around US$260... So yeah..

Despite all of that, i still said yes to the guy because i was desperate to got my Rig running again, and yeah at that point i think it was still a upgrade you know cause of the modular things that going on. :D After i got everything was running again, i started to search on the quality of my Old PSU, on johnnyguru site (i totaly forgot which article was this, cause i just randomly surfs the internet at that time) that the TXv2 750W , was even better than the CSM that was 80+ Gold , while the TXv2 only rated at 80+ Bronze.

After that i kinda feel down for some reason, but Half of it my fault  because I just said yes to the CXM cause i was desperate at that time, but on the good site i still got a brand new Unit for Free... hahahaha lol.. :)

and my other Part were not damage. So lets stay on the bright side shall we? Only for me though ;) 

Anyway what you guys think about this?

and Im Curious also way my Old PSU was suddenly died even i already attached it to a dedicated Power Stabilizer, never runs my Rig on 24hour non stop, hell even its rarely occur a power outtage in my region, maybe 5 or 6 times in the last 4 years im using this PC. It is just an Aging things that happening?

As always, Thanks Before ! :) 

Life Is About What We Are, Not We Were..

Yeah they should probably have replaced it with a CS unit rather than CX. But it's not super-evil when they are replacing a model that's been retired, it does get a little tricky to find the right replacement.

Is it the green Corsair CX750M or the grey one? If it's the former, I'd say that would be a downgrade.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

7 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Yeah they should probably have replaced it with a CS unit rather than CX. But it's not super-evil when they are replacing a model that's been retired, it does get a little tricky to find the right replacement.

I guess its kinda tricky yeah... It's not like the CX is a terrible PSUs, its just kinda feel bad you know...hahahaha :D 

5 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Is it the green Corsair CX750M or the grey one? If it's the former, I'd say that would be a downgrade.

Its the new one, the gray one that had Black with yellow stripes box.

2 minutes ago, Crusader325 said:

Its the new one, the gray one that had Black with yellow stripes box.

Then it's good. It's a custom design from CWT that has DC-DC regulation, better capacitors + build quality and a five year warranty. It's not the old green Corsair CXs which spawned a ton of hate. I'd say quality-wise, it's a side-grade.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

If it was actually a TX 750 V2, you have been fleeced. 

But if it was a TX 750M, it isn't actually a downgrade.

The TXM, GS and CX 750/850W use the same base platform (CWT PUQ-B).

Also note there are 4 other TX 750W models other than the Seasonic and the CWT PUQ-B.

27 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Then it's good. It's a custom design from CWT that has DC-DC regulation, better capacitors + build quality and a five year warranty. It's not the old green Corsair CXs which spawned a ton of hate. I'd say quality-wise, it's a side-grade.

I don't think the grey label CX 750W and 850W are any different to the previous green label CX 750 and 850.

7 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I don't think the grey label CX 750W and 850W are any different to the previous green label CX 750 and 850.

Doubt it. If it's rated for 30C, then it's a 'rebrand'. If it's rated for 40C, it's the new one.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The CX750M / 850M, both green and gray labeled, are still CWT PUQ-B as you have stated, but the gray labeled one had been upgraded with a higher rated bridge rectifier, a higher 40C temperature tolerance, a 5 year warranty, and completely black cables.

44 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

12 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Also note there are 4 other TX 750W models other than the Seasonic and the CWT PUQ-B.

12 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The Old Unit

The Old one was indeed TXv2 750W IMG_20160711_020638.jpg

The New One 

The New One IMG_20160811_210013.jpg

Sorry for the bad images , taken from my phone.. 

58 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

@thekeemocould use this for reference

next time please link to the thread/form because that is what im going to do xD

please add your experience @Crusader325 here 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

6 hours ago, thekeemo said:

next time please link to the thread/form because that is what im going to do xD

please add your experience @Crusader325 here 

Just done doing the survey, hope the data gonna be useful ;) 

1 hour ago, Crusader325 said:

Just done doing the survey, hope the data gonna be useful ;) 

Wait.. just done? I got a reply a couple hours ago. Did someone do it on your behalf?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

12 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Wait.. just done? I got a reply a couple hours ago. Did someone do it on your behalf?

yeah, actually i've already done it couple hours ago, but i forgot to told you so, i just told you now hehe :D 

59 minutes ago, Crusader325 said:

yeah, actually i've already done it couple hours ago, but i forgot to told you so, i just told you now hehe :D 

This is not a Corsair experience this is a DTG experience

5 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

This is not a Corsair experience this is a DTG experience

yeah maybe, but every corsair product were come to they first, before they could even come to the retailers, more like a Distributor maybe? but the sold stuff to the individual also not just to the retailers, and every corsair RMA were handle by them

yeah maybe, but every corsair product were come to they first, before they could even come to the retailers, more like a Distributor maybe? but the sold stuff to the individual also not just to the retailers, and every corsair RMA were handle by them

You dont buy stuff directly usually

But the RMA can still be done directly

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

You dont buy stuff directly usually

But the RMA can still be done directly

hmm i see....

but in my case as far as i know, the DTG were like the corsair it self here. I've had looking up on my local corsair community and the only way to RMA corsair product were from DTG. They would almost seems like sub-branch/PR of corsair here. Kinda confusing but that's just how things do. Even back than i emailed the Customer service of corsair how to get a RMA, they replied the process were through by contacting DTG. :/ 

hmm i see....

but in my case as far as i know, the DTG were like the corsair it self here. I've had looking up on my local corsair community and the only way to RMA corsair product were from DTG. They would almost seems like sub-branch/PR of corsair here. Kinda confusing but that's just how things do. Even back than i emailed the Customer service of corsair how to get a RMA, they replied the process were through by contacting DTG. :/ 

Yes they want you to go through DTG

But if you tell them DTG is not working with you they will deal with you directly

7 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Yes they want you to go through DTG

But if you tell them DTG is not working with you they will deal with you directly

Interesting.. i never thought that...

I'm gonna ask the local corsair community about this one, and if theres anyway to get RMA directly, cause from what i've seen there's no single post about the direct RMA. Gonna notify you as soon i've got the info. ;)