Hyper 212 evo vs Stock cooler help

Superguy4ever

I am currently in the process of choosing parts for a pc build i want to be using for Blender, game creation and some gaming. I have a tight budget (kinda) so i choose the i5 6500 since it has a very good speed and a very good efficiency level as one skylake core almost equals two of AMD's older cpus core (DONT START AN INTEL VS AMD BATTLE XD). Anyways, i would like this pc to last me around 3/4 years so i want to keep the cpu as cool as possible to allow it to achieve that lifetime. I was wondering, does the stock cooler manage to keep the cpu below 70 degrees (the temperature recommended by Intel for the cpu to maintain a long life time) or is it worth spending those $50 (i know its $30 in America on Amazing/Newegg but bcause of shipping its $50 in my country :( ). If i dont spend those $50 on the CPU Cooler i could spend them on getting a better mobo with 2 pcie 3.0 slots to allow me to add a second graphics card down the line if the one I pick becomes less effective later) or i could spend them on getting a better graphics card now.

1 minute ago, Superguy4ever said:

I am currently in the process of choosing parts for a pc build i want to be using for Blender, game creation and some gaming. I have a tight budget (kinda) so i choose the i5 6500 since it has a very good speed and a very good efficiency level as one skylake core almost equals two of AMD's older cpus core (DONT START AN INTEL VS AMD BATTLE XD). Anyways, i would like this pc to last me around 3/4 years so i want to keep the cpu as cool as possible to allow it to achieve that lifetime. I was wondering, does the stock cooler manage to keep the cpu below 70 degrees (the temperature recommended by Intel for the cpu to maintain a long life time) or is it worth spending those $50 (i know its $30 in America on Amazing/Newegg but bcause of shipping its $50 in my country :( ). If i dont spend those $50 on the CPU Cooler i could spend them on getting a better mobo with 2 pcie 3.0 slots to allow me to add a second graphics card down the line if the one I pick becomes less effective later) or i could spend them on getting a better graphics card now.

its worth it if you want it to last for very long

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

Got one, keeps my i5 4690K at 58° C max under load (not oc'ed tho)

Hail Hydra #shieldcomegetme #9minutes

7 minutes ago, Superguy4ever said:

Get a decent cup cooler the stock is a fail and then save up money for the mb 

If the ambient temps are below 27 C then the stock cooler should be able to keep the 6500 below 75C ( 75C is what I consider a fine max allowed temp) but if you live in a warmer climate and frequently get 30C+ ambient temps probably not at least in the summer

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 minutes ago, BLoCkZ420 said:

Got one, keeps my i5 4690K at 58° C max under load (not oc'ed tho)

Ok good try to oc it but keep voltages as low as possible

2 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

If the ambient temps are below 27 C then the stock cooler should be able to keep the 6500 below 75C ( 75C is what I consider a fine max allowed temp) but if you live in a warmer climate and frequently get 30C+ ambient temps probably not at least in the summer

Is 35 C considered a warm temperature? xDxD

Just now, Superguy4ever said:

Is 35 C considered a warm temperature? xDxD

Yeah, that would be a no on the stock cooler keeping it cool, the tropics make PCs sad since they don't like the heat

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

the new Intel coolers are kinda' shitty, not like the old coolers that worked for decades

the 1st to go is the fan

the stock fan will keep it cool as long as it working - the i5 6500 is not a "hot" CPU

ps: I own one and I have it with the 212EVO

The stock cooler is fine. 

If you're referring to the tcase temp of 72c, that refers to the IHS. The cores themselves are fine up to 80-90c at load.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

The stock cooler is fine. 

If you're referring to the tcase temp of 72c, that refers to the IHS. The cores themselves are fine up to 80-90c at load.

Well, i live in some of the world's most extreme temperatures are you sure my CPU will be fine and will maintain a long lifetime with the stock cooler? 

Just now, Superguy4ever said:

Well, i live in some of the world's most extreme temperatures are you sure my CPU will be fine and will maintain a long lifetime with the stock cooler? 

Yes. They wouldn't ship the cpu with the stock cooler if it wasn't adequate. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Yes. They wouldn't ship the cpu with the stock cooler if it wasn't adequate. 

Ok then, thanks for the help :) 

14 hours ago, crysilis said:

its worth it if you want it to last for very long

14 hours ago, Skullbreaker said:

Get a decent cup cooler the stock is a fail and then save up money for the mb 

Stock cooler is just fine for locked CPU. Only reasons to get anything else are looks and noise. Stock will be able to keep CPU cool enough that it will last for 7+ years. Only if CPU is run under high voltage  (not issue since its locked) or 24/7 at 90+C, lifespan would be a thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv