What your phone OS choice says about you....

AlTech

chimed in to the poll, i wont be much help, because my phone literally is just a means of communication on the go for me.

also, my least important device is my tablet because it locks up every hour :P (yay chinese garbage.)

40 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

If anybody wants to take part and add to the current results.....

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfuy_LuOUdNZTrd8quunQct8DGmTgJHzK2LYhBAWooV5WeCeA/viewform

One question, when it asks, "My __ is an extension of __," what does that mean?

5 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

One question, when it asks, "My __ is an extension of __," what does that mean?

It's where your supposed to substitute the blank for either "PC" or "Phone". You can only put in one in the sentence.

So an example would be "My Phone is an extension of my PC".

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

It's where your supposed to substitute the blank for either "PC" or "Phone". You can only put in one in the sentence.

So an example would be "My Phone is an extension of my PC".

Yes, but what is it asking? Would it mean that my PC is more important if my phone is an extension of my PC?

Just now, theninja35 said:

Yes, but what is it asking? Would it mean that my PC is more important if my phone is an extension of my PC?

Basically, is your Phone there to complement your PC (you consider your PC your main machine/devoice) or is the PC there to complement your Phone (You consider your Phone to be your main device).

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

Basically, is your Phone there to complement your PC (you consider your PC your main machine/devoice) or is the PC there to complement your Phone (You consider your Phone to be your main device).

Okay, thanks. I've submitted my answers.

Just now, theninja35 said:

Okay, thanks. I've submitted my answers.

Yay. 22 down, 278 to go............. This isn't gonna go very well xD.

I'd love to see windows phones be able to run the full desktop OS experience.  (My android phone has a higher screen resolution (2560x1440) than my desktop & laptop's displays - each 1920x1080.)

Maybe on like a $700-800 or so phone or tablet, you could play Witcher 3, DOOM (2016), Rise of the Tomb Raider, etc, at a constant 144+fps 1440p, 100+fps ultrawide 1440p or 60+fps 2880p with everything cranked? :)

Also having desktop-grade performance & storage (not including desktop manual OC) would be nice - for example a high-end phone like that if available today would match an i7-6800K & GTX 1080 in Cinebench & Firestrike, and have like 128 GB RAM & 10 TB storage on a single internal storage device.

For those with too much money to spend, they could buy one that would match 8 Xeon E7-8890 v4s, 24 TB RAM, as many Tesla GP100s as work in SLI (with the remainder being like 4TB Intel DC P3608 SSDs in RAID0, etc. :)

Maybe a large phone / tablet could even have a couple PCIe x16 slots, a couple DDR4 slots, and an LGA2011-3 socket or equivalent? :D

For now, though, I'm pretty much content with my LG G4.

7 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Yep, Windows Phone: 0% entertainment.

Because there are zero fucking apps. I need to get an Android.

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

That was primarily because of 2 reasons actually. 1) Only 3 people with Windows Phones entered a response to the survey.

2) Entertainment is usually not their main priority.

Windows Phones are getting better with Apps. I've seen a dramatic attitude change since I started using them over a year ago. App developers are more open to Windows Phones than they were and it is now considered more important than it used to be. More companies are making apps for Windows Phones.

Basically don't leave because it's only gonna get better.

6 hours ago, TetraSky said:

As for the 0% entertainment Windows phone...

6 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

most of the games on android are a on windows phone problem is 99% of all mobiles suck.

6 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Right, that's what they said after they killed off Nokia and then my Windows Phone entirely....

5 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

...windows phone, with its underwhelming amount of games and media apps :P ...

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yay. 22 down, 278 to go............. This isn't gonna go very well xD.

I responded to it so eh.

Well that one question and answer. For me it's often the secondary device if I don't see a reason to bring my laptop, then yeah it becomes more of my secondary device. My PS4 is somewhat important to me since it's better at gaming than this A8 6410 based laptop. I have a Nexus 7 (2012) but I barely use it because it's old. When it was newer, I used it far more often. I think I would sometimes supplement the laptop with it.

I really liked liked my Moto G 2014, and so far I'm actually kinda loving my Galaxy S6. I mean it's not stock Android, but they changed the color palette with the Marshmallow update to something less flashy and better looking, and I just use the Google Now launcher on there and it's all good. I mean stock Android like CM13 would be nice but Touchwiz with the Google Now Launcher on Android M is just fine.

If I'm not mistaken, Ubuntu Phone can technically do that docking thing or PC convergence that Windows phone can do. Granted there's not many phones running Ubuntu Phone and it's not Windows you're getting but I think that's to be expected. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Its been so long since I did this, I don't even remember what I answered.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

I put in my answers, do with them what you will.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

This will be interesting once you've got a decent sample size.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

This is a bit funny tbh :D

My most important phone is my LG C800, old-ass thing but imo the perfect phone.

Insane battery life (up to 5 days, usually 3-4 days), android (CM9) and a full-size physical keyboard.

Thing is i mainly use my moto G because it can do a lot of things very well and i can easily use it as my daily, but i don't want to.

But i can go through a day easily without the moto G, but not without the LG. 

Oh well i did the survey :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon