Favorite Pencil for School?

Xizerz

So school, at least in my state, is starting in about 2 weeks, and I thought it might be useful for everyone to share what pencil they use and what they think is the best.

Personally, I love the pentel twist erase (I use the 0.5mm version). I personally think it is the most comfortable one I've ever used and it is made of high quality plastic. It is a little pricy ($7 for a 2 pack) but I think it's worth it because of how comfortable they are to write with.

This is so random question lmao :)

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB HyperX RAM

CPU: R5 3600 

Motherboard: ASRock B450 Fatal1ty gaming K4

The one with a keyboard and monitor. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Laptops.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

laptops are nice, but alas, i cannot afford a $600 pencil :/

Migrated to laptop for most of my work but when I do write or draw diagrams and things I tend to like those triangular shaped mechanical pencils, quite fond of the Staedtler 763 series. 

-Moved to Off Topic- 

6 minutes ago, Xizerz said:

laptops are nice, but alas, i cannot afford a $600 pencil :/

if I was in school today id be doing it in a second, my wrist gets so damn fatigued when using a pen or pencil and gets sore. has for as long as i can remember. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Migrated to laptop for most of my work but when I do write or draw diagrams and things I tend to like those triangular shaped mechanical pencils, quite fond of the Staedtler 763 series. 

-Moved to Off Topic- 

I've used those triangular ones before, but I perfer pencils with a grip because i always hold my pencils really tight and it gets uncomfortable without one

0.7mm paper mate titanium mechanical pencils they have not been made in years and I have not owned one in like 5 years but it was my go to mechanical for years.

i have some japanese mechanical pencil i found for $5 in a bookstore and its the best thing ever, its super comfy and i could just wright with it for hours. tho i would take a computer over it any time because i wright so shit

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

0.5mm 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Fuck a pencil. Bic medium point ballpoints. Or those black gel-ink clicky pens if I haven't lost them/had them stolen. If I have to use a pencil, the standard No.2 non-mechanical type are my preferred. I tend to press down pretty hard when I write and mechanical pencils can't handle it.

24 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

Fuck a pencil. Bic medium point ballpoints. Or those black gel-ink clicky pens if I haven't lost them/had them stolen. If I have to use a pencil, the standard No.2 non-mechanical type are my preferred. I tend to press down pretty hard when I write and mechanical pencils can't handle it.

as a left handed person fuck gel pens

31 minutes ago, Charger said:

Haha. Fair enough. If I'm writing a lot, it still gets all over my hand. They're just more comfortable than the Bics; but I prefer the Bics based on price:performance ratio.

33 minutes ago, Charger said:

I feel your pain

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Just now, Omon_Ra said:

Haha. Fair enough. If I'm writing a lot, it still gets all over my hand. They're just more comfortable than the Bics; but I prefer the Bics based on price:performance ratio.

price to performance ratio with bics is not bad but I would use the same mechanical pencil for 2 years or so currently a rotring 600 and I would use a stainless parker jotter or zebra f-701 pens with space pen refills in them. I kept running into cheap pens not watching to write on some paper and usually that paper was blue books for writen exams in school lol

42 minutes ago, Charger said:

it's the worst man

I never brought the correct equiptment to school. At most I had a pen and much of the time I had to borrow them.

As for a pencil, just get a standard one. When the teacher asks you to bring out your pencil, just ask to borrow one and then never give it back. Free pencil.

30 minutes ago, Mug said:

As for a pencil, just get a standard one. When the teacher asks you to bring out your pencil, just ask to borrow one and then never give it back. Free pencil.

Also why people will say no.

Staedtler Mars Micros. I use the 0.7mm one, and it's lasted me quite some time. Staedtler does make some really quality products. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

School traumatized me as a child with all my teachers always complaining about my terrible handwriting. Like what use is handwriting anyway when once you get to college and beyond everything needs to be typed?

Linus is my fetish.