GTA V crashes on story mode

GanstaKingofSA

Hi 

I having an issue loading GTA V when loading Story Mode it crashes and don't know what to do. He looked

Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+

GPU: NVIDIA GT 730 

RAM: 4GB DDR2 

20160805_074318.jpg

Its probably the fact that that you have an ancient CPU that you have the worst video card in existence. I have that same gpu and it sucks ass

Red (Soon to be Retired)CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: CM 212 Evo  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz Mobo: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 SSD: Kingston 128 GB (Boot), Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB (Main Games) HDD: WD Black 1 TB (Storage + Older Games) PSU: EVGA W1 500W Monitor: Dell ST2220l 21.5". Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard, Razer Deathadder Mouse, SteelSeries mosepad, 

Also GTA V uses more than 2 cores and yours only has 2 and 4gb od ram doesnt really cut it. At keast in my experience

Red (Soon to be Retired)CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: CM 212 Evo  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz Mobo: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 SSD: Kingston 128 GB (Boot), Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB (Main Games) HDD: WD Black 1 TB (Storage + Older Games) PSU: EVGA W1 500W Monitor: Dell ST2220l 21.5". Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard, Razer Deathadder Mouse, SteelSeries mosepad, 

gta need 8 gb of ram and your cpu will not be able to run the game 

Minimum System Requirements

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
  • DVD Drive

Woah, woah woah. I answer it completely everything

8 minutes ago, DGB said:

Its probably the fact that that you have an ancient CPU that you have the worst video card in existence. I have that same gpu and it sucks ass

Yeah, a guy from NVIDIA told me this will work better than ION Graphics

8 minutes ago, DGB said:

Also GTA V uses more than 2 cores and yours only has 2 and 4gb od ram doesnt really cut it. At keast in my experience

That what I received when launching the game.

7 minutes ago, R3DOPS said:

gta need 8 gb of ram and your cpu will not be able to run the game 

That is recommended. The minimum is 4GB. See the Image? It is running it.

8 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Minimum System Requirements

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
  • DVD Drive

Right but either way GT 730 beats 9800GT and  also maybe CPU has more GHZ that Intel and AMD minimum CPU's.

9 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Did you even look at the requirements before purchasing it? lol

I did and what I explained before. Image? Comparison? There

15 minutes ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

Hi 

I having an issue loading GTA V when loading Story Mode it crashes and don't know what to do. He looked

Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+

GPU: NVIDIA GT 730 

RAM: 4GB DDR2 

20160805_074318.jpg

Your processor is not up to snuff, as indicated by @DrMikeNZ. As an afterthought, your RAM is barely making it in capacity but the fact that it's DDR2 and not DDR3 would be a debilitating factor as well. I'd get a refund because your specs don't meet the requirements.

Just now, Stylized_Violence said:

Your processor is not up to snuff, as indicated by @DrMikeNZ. As an afterthought, your RAM is barely making it in capacity but the fact that it's DDR2 and not DDR3 would be a debilitating factor as well. I'd get a refund because your specs don't meet the requirements.

Yeah, GPU wins it but the CPU doesn't matter. It just a thing that is used for I don't know what reason and stated on Linus'so Video DDR3 vs DDR4 it just the same. Also Rockstar is reviewing the case

1 hour ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

Woah, woah woah. I answer it completely everything

Yeah, a guy from NVIDIA told me this will work better than ION Graphics

That what I received when launching the game.

That is recommended. The minimum is 4GB. See the Image? It is running it.

Right but either way GT 730 beats 9800GT and  also maybe CPU has more GHZ that Intel and AMD minimum CPU's.

I did and what I explained before. Image? Comparison? There

GHz Doesn't Matter All The time. It all depends on the other features. The minimum recommended CPU was x2 faster than your CPU. 

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core2-Quad-Q6600-vs-AMD-Athlon-64-X2-5000

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

1 hour ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

I give also my DXDIAG and MSINFO32 if you want

I don't think its really going to matter. Your PC will not be able to handle GTA V any way. Even on VERY VERY VERY low settings. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

I thought that CPU doesn't even matter since it not for what reason. Idk what it even used for but the main thing that matters is GPU and CPU

5 minutes ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

What that forum advises isn't generally recommended, because you're forcing old hardware to push harder than it needs to just to play the game. You'd have to really know what you're doing so you don't burn out your components. But you can certainly follow what they did if you're comfortable with it. I just know that if the minimum specs call for a quad core and you only have a dual core, it isn't advised to force the game to play.

20 hours ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

Like forcing making the CPU have 4 cores than 2

Well you can't make a processor have more cores, but if you push two hard enough you can make up for the fact that you're lacking two. Again, the only issue with that is you could ruin your processor. I think the entire point that everyone was trying to make, myself included, is that even if you could somehow force your system to play the game, you're gonna have a tough time maintaining a good playing experience. Your components will be pushed to their limits and you could harm your system. My recommendation is save up some money for better hardware if that's possible.

2 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Well you can't make a processor have more cores, but if you push two hard enough you can make up for the fact that you're lacking two. Again, the only issue with that is you could ruin your processor. I think the entire point that everyone was trying to make, myself included, is that even if you could somehow force your system to play the game, you're gonna have a tough time maintaining a good playing experience. Your components will be pushed to their limits and you could harm your system. My recommendation is save up some money for better hardware if that's possible.

So I should get a Phenom or what. I support AM2

4 hours ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

So I should get a Phenom or what. I support AM2

I'll be honest, I don't know very much about AMD processors. If you can only support AM2, then get the best processor you can afford for that socket. But honestly, it's really your entire system that could use a little bit of a tune-up to run something like GTA V effectively. But if all you want to do is skate by for now, then yes upgrade that processor to whatever the best is for AM2. Again, I don't know AMD very well so perhaps another user can direct you further on a decent one. Apologies for not being very helpful. 

So for all you guys, I can play now GTA V, a file got corrupted and reinstalled the game and loads fine. Thanks though.