Guess That Graphics Card

CAN YOU GUESS THIS GRAPHICS CARD? 

IMG_1362.JPG

Edited by Glenwing
Removed caps lock from title

Yours faithfully

Looks like a custom painted EVGA 590 to me. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, PSI said:

Radeon HD 6790?

Nope, it's Green Team, GeForce

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

I am going to guess something like a GTX 590

Nope, it's a little older, but close. It is dual GPU

Yours faithfully

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Looks like a custom painted EVGA 590 to me. 

It is custom painted but it's older.

Yours faithfully

Looks like a Gainward card maybe then as I think they were the first to use red coolers on Nvidia cards?

Well cusrom painting is just cheating.

Linus is my fetish.

Just now, Bhav said:

Looks like a Gainward card maybe then as I think they were the first to use red coolers on Nvidia cards?

Nope, that was a custom colour I put on a while ago, it's a Zotac card actually,

Yours faithfully

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

GTX 295? Who would do something like that to a GPU anyway?

CORRECT, I painted it because it sits on a desk as a display piece, it really can't handle modern games that well. 

Yours faithfully

Yea that's a GTX295 as said above D:

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

I painted it because it sits on a desk as a display piece, it really can't handle modern games that well. 

I probably would have done the same to be honest. Would have gone with hot pink trim on black though.

4 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

CORRECT, I painted it because it sits on a desk as a display piece, it really can't handle modern games that well. 

How would you say its performance (the 295) compares, at 720p or 1080p, to modern GPUs in games from CS:GO to Witcher 3 & between, or FireStrike? What recent (GeForce 700 series or newer) card has near the same performance?  Do any current iGPUs/APUs match or beat it? (I expect it doesn't have enough VRAM for 4K or even 1440p.)

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

I probably would have done the same to be honest. Would have gone with hot pink trim on black though.

It was used for a while and still is sometimes, it still works fine, I use it as a room heater in winter. This card really was the first giant dual GPU GeForce card that was mainstream and truly flagship, sure there were cards before like it but they were not in the same league as this in 2009. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, PianoPlayer88Key said:

How would you say its performance (the 295) compares, at 720p or 1080p, to modern GPUs in games from CS:GO to Witcher 3 & between, or FireStrike? What recent (GeForce 700 series or newer) card has near the same performance?  Do any current iGPUs/APUs match or beat it? (I expect it doesn't have enough VRAM for 4K or even 1440p.)

It can pull more recent games at 720p low settings, but it really does struggle. Honestly, if my CPU didn't cost only €8 (I use my laptop mostly or my server for CPU tasks) it might do better. It is pretty limited by drivers and API's though. I would say it compares to a GeForce GT 730 (the good one) in some titles. It does use a lot of power though. It did Euro Truck Simulator on 1024x768 on high though. below 720p it does good on slightly older titles, but this card is two GTX 260's, so you have to expect SLI quirks, like MSAA not actually killing the FPS as the 2nd GPU picks up the slack and other weirdies like that. 

Yours faithfully

That is true, the PCB looks good, but it does occasionally still get used and the mono sink is a pain to remove. Would you like a photo of the back or other areas?

Yours faithfully

32 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Nope, it's a little older, but close. It is dual GPU

Custom painted single pcb gtx 295

Just now, pyr0 said:

Custom painted single pcb gtx 295

Yes

Yours faithfully

4 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Yes

ahh, I see others have answered. I saw the card and posted an answer quickly :P

Indeed, there is also a double PCB one ~somewhere in my house, it looked ugly so it didn't get used. It was at one point in SLI with that card but didn't work on account of an €8 CPU

Yours faithfully