If Your Car Were a Computer, What Would it be?

Vivilacqua1
On 8/4/2016 at 5:57 PM, dalekphalm said:

Hahaha you think a Civic (Even a Civic EX) is comparable to a GTX 970? That's a good one!

A Civic is more like a 750 Ti - it has a loud snarl, it's alright, but in the end, it's pretty low performance compared to true high end products.

Your GTX 970 is more like a Corvette - really powerful, looks sleek, but some flaws you didn't notice right away.

Nah I'd say he was about right the 970 is on par with a low end card now. Id say its more of a civic si though better then a econobox but not quiet speed demon.

On 8/4/2016 at 3:31 PM, dalekphalm said:

Fancy doesn't exclusively mean "expensive looking" or "riced up to fucking hell and back".

Compared to a regular car, a Camaro is quite fancy.

Not a early 2000's camaro. They are very much ugh to look at like 90% of 90's cars in my opinion.

3 hours ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

Nah I'd say he was about right the 970 is on par with a low end card now. Id say its more of a civic si though better then a econobox but not quiet speed demon.

Still strongly disagree with your assessment. Maybe the SI variant, but you're giving the civic way too much credit :P - A GTX 970 might not be top of the line anymore, but it's in no way a "low end" card now. Lower end Mid-Range? Sure.

3 hours ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

Not a early 2000's camaro. They are very much ugh to look at like 90% of 90's cars in my opinion.

Looks are very much subjective. An early 2000's Camaro is still fancy looking - ESPECIALLY compared to the often piece of crap boxy looking cars of the 90's. It might be ugly (also subjective), but ugly and fancy are not exclusive.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Still strongly disagree with your assessment. Maybe the SI variant, but you're giving the civic way too much credit :P - A GTX 970 might not be top of the line anymore, but it's in no way a "low end" card now. Lower end Mid-Range? Sure.

Looks are very much subjective. An early 2000's Camaro is still fancy looking - ESPECIALLY compared to the often piece of crap boxy looking cars of the 90's. It might be ugly (also subjective), but ugly and fancy are not exclusive.

Honestly 90% of cars from the 90's looked like crap most of them american. Anyway the 970 is on par with a 1050ti which is low end now, so yeah its a low end gpu. This happens every year. When volta comes out the 1070 will be low end and the 1080 will be mid end if its lucky. Thems the breaks in the tech world stuff moves quickly.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

See my point

d17bc997132f2e30b4c2f7bf16a4c1a12bde5f171c92ab987ecb34c3f72b0e6b_1.jpg

72xbi0.jpg

2013 Mazda 3 I SV

Probably close to the PC in my profile (i5-4590 and GTX 960). 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2016 Prius: Retina MacBook

2005 Ninja 300: G3258 + 750 Ti with a shoddy PSU and 4GB of RAM.

2003 Subie WRX: i7-920 and Radeon HD 6970 CFX, old but good.

80's V6 Camaro: FX-6300 with RX 460 built inside a cardboard box.

Wrecked Yammi R6: High end prebuilt fucked up by an idiot.

I have two vehicles.

A 1995 Chevy K2500 with a 350 engine.  So if I could equate that to a computer.... maybe like my laptop?  Ain't the fastest or the most powerful thing on the market, but she's got it where it counts.

My car is s 2000 Nissan Altima SE, it has a 4 cylinder.   So maybe something with like a Pentium paired with like a HD7770.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

hmm, a 2002 mazda protege with 260k miles on the clock (but still drives like it's got only 40k, and i'm not joking, plus it's very comfortable for a compact econobox), i'd say it'd be the equivalent of a core 2 quad pc (like mine) that has been used everyday heavily, but has seen some periods of idle time, and then it slowly starts getting more use. but like my pc, this car might be used less pretty soon again.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My 'finally now gone' wrecked NSX- A finely tuned early 2014 top end gaming rig with a 4770k overclocked to 4.5ghz and dual 780tis, that was thrown from a second story window into a wood chipper. Taking my wallet, house keys, and several metaphorical puppies with it.

My Driveway Ornament '67 Impala- An early IBM home computer still using punch cards, that no matter how much I tinker with even though I know exactly what's wrong with it will never boot.

My Daily Driver, a 2000 Acura 3.2TL with 103k miles- A desktop with 'slightly' a slightly faster graphics card compared to the average desktop. We're talking like, i5 4440 and a 270x running on all mechanical drives. Yea it gets the job done, can do a touch of gaming and more professional work, but constantly leaves you with the lingering desire for more.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I don't own a car. I want to get a Chevy Cruze which only has a 1.4L 4cyl, and my mom has a Kia Soul with a 2L 4cyl. 

So like an i3 6100 and RX 480 or i5 6500 or 6600K and GTX 1060?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization