OnePlus to halt sales of the OnePlus 3 for more than a month in 24 countries

patrick3027

OnePlus 3 sales in Europe and Hong Kong will be halted from August 9 to September 12

Demand exceeds supply, not much more to add. 

Spoiler

In order to build inventory back up in affected countries, sales of the OnePlus 3 will be halted starting August 9th at 6pm EDT, until September 12th at 5:59pm EDT in the following markets:

Austria

Belgium

Bulgaria

Croatia

Cyprus

Czech Republic

Estonia

France

Greece

Hong Kong

Hungary

Ireland

Italy

Latvia

Lithuania

Luxembourg

Malta

Netherlands

Poland

Portugal

Romania

Slovakia

Slovenia

Spain

If you place an order prior to August 9th, you will not be affected by the sales halt; your phone will go out on the estimated shipping date.

Source : http://www.phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-to-halt-sales-of-the-OnePlus-3-for-more-than-a-month-in-24-countries_id83836

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Part of me wonders if this is true, or are they creating hype by saying if you don't buy now, you'll have to wait. Regardless if that is a true situation, it might cause people who considered it but undecided to pull the trigger. 

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

there's always the axon

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

15 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

there always is the axon

AXON 7 imo is the absolute best phone available today at any price point. Why? it has the least wrong with it. All flagships dont have dual front facing stereo some of them dont have usb type c aka galaxy s7 ahem ahem some dont have amoled displays lg ahem ahem like this phone checks off all the damn boxes its so beautiful and at $400. I have the other near perfect phone the nexus 6p right now, axon 7 is literally the 6p with newer processor and more ram thats what it is... that makes it perfect for 2016

5 minutes ago, Zeeee said:

AXON 7 imo is the absolute best phone available today at any price point. Why? it has the least wrong with it. All flagships dont have dual front facing stereo some of them dont have usb type c aka galaxy s7 ahem ahem some dont have amoled displays lg ahem ahem like this phone checks off all the damn boxes its so beautiful and at $400. I have the other near perfect phone the nexus 6p right now, axon 7 is literally the 6p with newer processor and more ram thats what it is... that makes it perfect for 2016

let's not forget the two dedicated audio chips from AKM, the DAC and the AK4961 32bit DSP

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

giphy.gif

lamo just read the thing before the quote

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

See lots of mentions of the Axon 7 but from all I've read, the software on it is awful making it a no-go. Perhaps XDA can fix it.

3 hours ago, Trixanity said:

See lots of mentions of the Axon 7 but from all I've read, the software on it is awful making it a no-go. Perhaps XDA can fix it.

XDA WILLLLLLLLL FIX IT. Easy. Flash AOSP rom itll be like a nexus 6p but faster and better. Its easy to create roms for it since its using a snapdragon chip and not some wierd ass one

20 minutes ago, patrick3027 said:

TomsGuide ZTE Axon 7 Review TLDR: Beaten by OP3 in almost every section except screen and audio quality.
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/zte-axon-7,review-3815.html

Barely. A lot of the tests were so close in the real world you wouldn't notice the difference.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

20 hours ago, Zeeee said:

But it has no hardware buttons at the buttom... That kills it for me. 

And dash charge is so much better that quickcharge. 

Also no 1080 display on the Axon... 

12 hours ago, Senzelian said:

But it has no hardware buttons at the buttom... That kills it for me. 

And dash charge is so much better that quickcharge. 

Also no 1080 display on the Axon... 

Okay 2/3 things you listed are 100% a non issue, on screen buttons you get used to IMMEDIATELY in an hour of using a phone i did and allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll my friends did like all 5 of us got 6p they came from all sorts of phones with hardware buttons. NO ONE CARED it grew on them instantly. 

1080p display is a terrible choice for 2016 AGAIN NON ISSUE. As the battery lasts a good 5-6hrs sot better than any current phone including 6p which gets like 4-5. SO NON ISSUE plus watching 1440p videos on youtube and VR HEADSETS super important that 1440p 

actual issue yes 100% it needed something faster than a quick charge cuz it sucks compared to other things. But at 400$ really? one missing feature ILL TAKE IT!

Using the OP3 now and I'm enjoying it. Battery life was a bit shoddy at first (maybe too much Pokemon Go) but now after a few cycles I am noticing an improvement. RAM utilization was an issue at launch but software updates have fixed that. The display, although terrible for VR (not planning to use VR anyways), is passable considering it's a $399 phone. I honestly can't tell the difference between my mum's LG G3 (1440P display) and the OP3 display. 

The camera IMO is the biggest weakness of this phone in my experience, but haven't really put it to the test yet (will do when I travel). 

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

6 minutes ago, Jackgamer91 said:

Using the OP3 now and I'm enjoying it. Battery life was a bit shoddy at first (maybe too much Pokemon Go) but now after a few cycles I am noticing an improvement. RAM utilization was an issue at launch but software updates have fixed that. The display, although terrible for VR (not planning to use VR anyways), is passable considering it's a $399 phone. I honestly can't tell the difference between my mum's LG G3 (1440P display) and the OP3 display. 

The camera IMO is the biggest weakness of this phone in my experience, but haven't really put it to the test yet (will do when I travel). 

If you're willing to go the extra mile and have the camera save RAW files, you can edit them on your PC with photoshop / adobe lightroom, and then the camera really starts to shine.  I just learned how to do all this stuff yesterday, and it looks a lot better now.

Also messing around with the manual settings once you get the hang of it, you can take some real good shots.

Coming from a Note 4 with a 1440p screen, i don't notice the difference in my OP3's screen, the OP3 is SOO nice to use, and so user friendly for me, I love the hell out of it.  A lot of my friends with Iphone 6s's and S7's really like it, and think it's cool all the features it has, despite being able to keep up with their phones no problem.  Then when I tell them it cost half what they spent on their devices, they're like WTF?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

On 8/3/2016 at 2:43 PM, suicidalfranco said:

let's not forget the two dedicated audio chips from AKM, the DAC and the AK4961 32bit DSP

Cos that'll matter a lot when using some random cheap earbuds from it.

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Booking at spec and price, i conclude people are idiots. Moto G4 Plus > this

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

6 hours ago, Zeeee said:

Okay 2/3 things you listed are 100% a non issue, on screen buttons you get used to IMMEDIATELY in an hour of using a phone i did and allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll my friends did like all 5 of us got 6p they came from all sorts of phones with hardware buttons. NO ONE CARED it grew on them instantly. 

1080p display is a terrible choice for 2016 AGAIN NON ISSUE. As the battery lasts a good 5-6hrs sot better than any current phone including 6p which gets like 4-5. SO NON ISSUE plus watching 1440p videos on youtube and VR HEADSETS super important that 1440p 

actual issue yes 100% it needed something faster than a quick charge cuz it sucks compared to other things. But at 400$ really? one missing feature ILL TAKE IT!

I don't use VR and I don't watch 1440p videos. Apart from that, 1080p on a 5.5 inch device looks very sharp. 1440p is a waste of money. 

I tried software buttons. I takes aditional screen space and is also slower than using hardware buttons. And I like my fingerprint sensor on the front, so I can actually use it while the phone is lying on the desk. So software buttons really don't make sense. 

6 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Booking at spec and price, i conclude people are idiots. Moto G4 Plus > this

You are the idiot. 

You get twice the RAM and a powerefficient SD 820 processor instead of the Qualcomm Overheat 617™ which will keep your nuts warm in the winter. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G4-Moto-G4-Plus/Moto-G4-PLus-Overheating/td-p/3336395

http://www.androidbeat.com/2016/05/moto-g4-plus-suffer-from-overheating-issues/

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/moto-g4-problems/

https://archive.is/fkyZn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYjIBIhGKTw

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

7 hours ago, Lays said:

Cause people who care about a hifi phone will use the included earbuds instead of their own cans

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

59 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Cause people who care about a hifi phone will use the included earbuds instead of their own cans

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

lol I was gonna say, if I bought this phone, I'd either use my Beyerdynamics MMX $100 earbuds, or my Sennheiser HD598 headphones (Or Bluetooth in my Car).

Certainly, lots of people just use the earbuds that come with whatever phone they buy, or they pick up $5 piece of shit buds. But those people are also not going out of their way to buy a phone with any specific audio capacity at all.

They either buy the cheapest piece of crap phone they can afford, or they go on contract and get whatever the current "lol ur cool" phone is.

And while in the Tech Community, One Plus and ZTE are both regarded well, the average person has never heard of either of them.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I had to choose between the OP3 and Axon..

took the OP3 - reasons?

• "Hardware" - Buttons
  • WAY better Design (IMO)
  • bottom fingerprint sensor
  • Oxygen OS looked better for me, i like the features it has - don't think i miss out anything
  • Dash Charge > Quickcharge
  • Not important, but funny features like draw on screen, ambient display, smile detection etc.
  • I surely do not need a 1440p Display... OP3 Display is awesome..

10 hours ago, Lays said:

That's pretty much the argument of why you can get rid of the audio jack and not really affect many ppl who will just switch to some cheap bluetooth headphones. Bluetooth audio quality matters as much as cheap included earbud audio quality, ie it doesn't matter.

When was the last time you actually saw someone wearing quality headphones out on the street? Personally, it's even rare to see anyone wearing those overstated Beats. 

This stop in sales will probably not benefit ZTE, at least not by much here since the Axon 7 won't be in stores till Aug 25, only really giving ZTE just over 2 weeks of sales without the OP3 competing against it.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

7 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

That's pretty much the argument of why you can get rid of the audio jack and not really affect many ppl who will just switch to some cheap bluetooth headphones. Bluetooth audio quality matters as much as cheap included earbud audio quality, ie it doesn't matter.

When was the last time you actually saw someone wearing quality headphones out on the street? Personally, it's even rare to see anyone wearing those overstated Beats. 

This stop in sales will probably not benefit ZTE, at least not by much here since the Axon 7 won't be in stores till Aug 25, only really giving ZTE just over 2 weeks of sales without the OP3 competing against it.

My other issue is, sure it may have some amazing DAC solution, but odds are the amplification circuitry is weak and most likely has high output impedance, with some levels of THD, just like most phones do.  

Part of me thinks that ZTE phone is just "throw as much shit in as we can, advertise all the insane specs" but in actual practice of use, it may not be as great as they make it seem, ya know?