sacrifice quality to go low voltage?

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,
3 minutes ago, goof doofus said:

For my build at http://pcpartpicker.com/list/K74skT I am planning on using the EVGA SuperNova P2 650W, which had a glowing review from johnnyguru.com. However, outervision.com said I only needed 350-450W, depending on how I plan for future builds. The EVGA SuperNova P2 doesn't have anything lower than 650W, and I haven't seen anything of comparable quality for less than 650W. Should I sacrifice quality for a more appropriate wattage or stay with the amazing-quality EVGA SuperNova P2?

It doesn't matter that the P2 provides more than you need, you always want your PSU to provide more than you need. The PCPP estimation of 281W is a little overzealous to how much power you'll need too but hey, whatever.

TL;DR Get the P2 and don't worry about it.

For my build at http://pcpartpicker.com/list/K74skT I am planning on using the EVGA SuperNova P2 650W, which had a glowing review from johnnyguru.com. However, outervision.com said I only needed 350-450W, depending on how I plan for future builds. The EVGA SuperNova P2 doesn't have anything lower than 650W, and I haven't seen anything of comparable quality for less than 650W. Should I sacrifice quality for a more appropriate wattage or stay with the amazing-quality EVGA SuperNova P2?

why would you go for a different psu? what do you mean with "

sacrifice quality to go low voltage? "

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

3 minutes ago, goof doofus said:

It doesn't matter that the P2 provides more than you need, you always want your PSU to provide more than you need. The PCPP estimation of 281W is a little overzealous to how much power you'll need too but hey, whatever.

TL;DR Get the P2 and don't worry about it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just get the P2 and forget about it. Only reason to go even lower than 650 is if you are on a really tight budget.

650 leaves tons of room to expand.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020