24 GOP seats could be gone come next election

Kirihuna

http://front.moveon.org/24-moveon-polls-show-gop-could-lose-house-in-wake-of-shutdown/#.UlImyGTXgVn

This shows that in 24 GOP districts, if the re-election was held today, 21 could lose their seats. However, this may not occur come next year, but this is a significant backlash at the GOP regarding Government shutdown.

This could gradually increase as time moves on.

17 is needed by the Democrats to gain majority. 

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

And America will remain just as fucked up as it is now.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I kinda wish I had time to study American politics as much as I do Australian,   Does the democratic party over their have any affiliation with unions? Is there a strong greens movement in parliament?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I kinda wish I had time to study American politics as much as I do Australian,   Does the democratic party over their have any affiliation with unions? Is there a strong greens movement in parliament?

Both parties can have union affiliation. We also have no parliament as we are not a 'parliamentary democracy' 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

If it's not a super majority the minority party will just constantly threaten to filibuster, so simple majority doesn't mean much nowadays.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

And America will remain just as fucked up as it is now.

This.

Can't I'm surprised, really. This is how American politics go, it's a game of revenge. People didn't care for Bush (don't blame them), boom. Obama gets elected because he was the opposite party. Same goes here. Government shut down? Go with the other party...completely overshooting the actual issues.....

Both parties can have union affiliation. We also have no parliament as we are not a 'parliamentary democracy' 

But do they have affiliations with the workers unions? I was under the impression the republicans have very little to do with unions.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

wont happen...to many old white ppl still alive who always vote and put lazy youngsters to shame. 

But do they have affiliations with the workers unions? I was under the impression the republicans have very little to do with unions.

I was a union iron worker and union laborer here in Vegas and it changes a lot...it really comes down to who strikes a better deal with the unions. Sometimes its a dem, sometimes its a rep who offers the union leadership a better deal...deals being struck for votes, who would have thought eh? at our union meetings they tell you who to vote for based on said deal. Some guys use to hate me because I openly said I would always vote for whoever the hell I felt like. 

I was a union iron worker and union laborer here in Vegas and it changes a lot...it really comes down to who strikes a better deal with the unions. Sometimes its a dem, sometimes its a rep who offers the union leadership a better deal...deals being struck for votes, who would have thought eh? at our union meetings they tell you who to vote for based on said deal. Some guys use to hate me because I openly said I would always vote for whoever the hell I felt like. 

very interesting, here In Aus. the unions and labor (our left side party) are the same. Everyone in the labor party are union members and hold/held positions in said unions.  So does that mean your Left party has no one major support network?

Just what we need more Dems running things..I mean look what they did to Detroit..Gave everyone handouts and now its destroyed..You will know first hand cause Chicago will be next..

very interesting, here In Aus. the unions and labor (our left side party) are the same. Everyone in the labor party are union members and hold/held positions in said unions.  So does that mean your Left party has no one major support network?

I am not exactly sure what you mean/ are asking. It sounds like your union or the union you are talking about is also either or affiliated with a political party? 

I am not exactly sure what you mean/ are asking. It sounds like your union or the union you are talking about is also either or affiliated with a political party? 

Nearly all Australian unions are affiliated with our major left political party,  Which is why I was wondering about your major left party, and what their main support group is.

Nearly all Australian unions are affiliated with our major left political party,  Which is why I was wondering about your major left party, and what their main support group is.

oh ok. most union workers in the skilled labor trades in the U.S. are democrats but the the skilled labor unions have no party affiliation. This is pretty much how it works....Our union representatives who are mostly retired workers voted into "office" by the union members meet up with representatives of the Republican party and Democratic party. Which ever party "promises" the most financially beneficial conditions gets the that particular unions endorsement and our leaders pretty much tell us who to vote for. It's a bit shameless but we side with money no matter who helps us get it. (I am no longer a union member)

It's always a big deal in the nation media on which candidate especially during presidential elections gets the big union endorsements...big big deal. 

oh ok. most union workers in the skilled labor trades in the U.S. are democrats but the the skilled labor unions have no party affiliation. This is pretty much how it works....Our union representatives who are mostly retired workers voted into "office" by the union members meet up with representatives of the Republican party and Democratic party. Which ever party "promises" the most financially beneficial conditions gets the that particular unions endorsement and our leaders pretty much tell us who to vote for. It's a bit shameless but we side with money no matter who helps us get it. (I am no longer a union member)

It's always a big deal in the nation media on which candidate especially during presidential elections gets the big union endorsements...big big deal. 

I can see why, An endorsement like that, particularly if it is for the republican party would a be huge boon for them.

@mr moose for president. :P

President?  Benevolent dictator of the world is what I want.  I'll clean this place up.  :ph34r:

President?  Benevolent dictator of the world is what I want.  I'll clean this place up.  :ph34r:

start by cleaning out the forums of the same questions over and over! good luck President Moose...or Dictator Moose?  :o

start by cleaning out the forums of the same questions over and over! good luck President Moose...or Dictator Moose?  :o

I'll start by introducing the three strike rule and making the punishment throttling the perpetrators bandwidth to dial up speeds and then make them build a computer for an orphan in Zimbabwe. 

Just what we need more Dems running things..I mean look what they did to Detroit..Gave everyone handouts and now its destroyed..You will know first hand cause Chicago will be next..

This isn't what happened, but okay.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

This isn't what happened, but okay.

It is what happened.  Any time you give a "bailout" things go to shit.  Detroit may not have been exactly what he said, but it's a fairly accurate assessment.  Detroit went bankrupt because of the health care obligations that had no real funding because more people were pulling out than what was being put in, unfunded pensions that were distributed despite growing debt, and then liabilities in the local government making promises and tossing money around that it did not have.  When bailouts were issued to try to help stimulate the economy the exact opposite happened, they just spent more and caused more debt.  When your teenager misbehaves with the family credit card, you take it away from them, not give them more money to fuck up with.  (you can apply this to the Fed as well).

Problem is that people are spoon fed misinformed opinions and then they run around regurgitating the talking heads of either the media, or some "authority" figure tells them.  Just like everyone keeps blaming the House Reps for shutting down the government, they sent dozens of CRs to the Senate and every last one of them got shot down by the Senate (which is ran by the Dems btw) not he House.  We have not had a budget since 2007!  So I'm tired of hearing people attribute things to that in which it has nothing to do with.  Last I checked this was a Federal Republic.  This means that the Federal Government DOES NOT have all the power, the Republic does (the States).  The more the plans fail, the more the planners plan.

In short, the Dems need to pass a damn budget and stop blaming the Reps for not giving them a budget that let's them spend uncontrollably.  The Reps need to learn how to stop compromising and just start passing budget items one at a time (which they are finally starting to do, and also is how it was done up until Regan btw).  This way there is no bundling and these ridiculous continuing resolutions.  At least Rand Paul finally came out with a budget that would balance our debt obligations with federal spending in 5 years, which while being a step in the right direction still has TOO MANY compromises.  I really wish the GOP would grow some balls and run on the platform on which it was founded.

01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100101 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101000 01100101 01100001 01110010

Here is how our government works.  I would recommend anyone who regularly comments on the state of affairs in relation to the US read this.  It seems lost on not only foreign opinions, but also domestic misinformed regulators of the media and talking heads.

The US is a Federal Republic.  We have 3 major branches of government that are designed to offset and maintain a set of what are called checks and balances.  Our primary governing body is the Congress which is bicameral with a Senate and House with a President that resides for maintaining the peace and laws as indicated in the Constitution.  The Senate represents the constitutional and legal interests of states, and has only 2 representatives per state.  The House of Representatives represents the interests of the citizens of their state and the number of reps is based on population.  The states are modeled after this system and also have a Senate and a House with a Governor that basically is the president of the state.  The only state that is different is Nebraska, they have a single chamber legislative body that is in charge of both budgeting and laws.  

Now, we are also governed by a Constitution, and each state also has their own Constitution.  All Constitutions in our country are actually modelled after Virginia's originating Constitution.  Our Constitution started with the Declaration of Independence which was written by the "Radical Federalist" (who by the way formed the Democratic-Republican Party and regularly opposed the Federalists) Thomas Jefferson (at the ripe old age of 33).  

Now here is the point of contention between the State's governments and the Federal government.  The 10th amendment, (the last bill in the Bill of Rights, which is what the first 10 amendments to the Constitution is called) GUARANTEES that all powers not granted the Federal Government explicitly in the Constitution resides with the States.  What we have happening now is that the Federal Government is in a constant state of securing and revoking personal liberties and enacting imposed restraints on the State's Powers.  Congress is passing laws that govern the people while exempting themselves from the laws, and then giving themselves powers and perks that were originally only allotted to the States.  They are turning a position of public servitude into a career formulating millionaires overnight.  This power that they are drunk on is actually warned against by Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and the other Founding Fathers as they witnessed this exact abuse of power in the King and his out of control taxation and appropriating of private property in the 1700's over in England at the time.  They were worried that the Republic would be in danger of implosion if the Fed grew too large and started appropriating powers, which is what is happening now.

The big problem with Americans is that they are ignorant to what is going on and how things were designed to be.  The vast majority of Americans, when I ask people and through media bias and the regurgitators of misinformation, do not even know what kind of government we have.  They don't know the origins of our Nation, the founding documents, or even what the Bill of Right's states.  People spout wrong information about everything from personal liberties granted in the Constitution (gun rights, protection from imposition, etc) to the distribution of powers granted the branches of governments, to the reservation of powers to the State's legislatures.

Pity, if we could get back to the way we were designed to be, and live by the Founding Father's clearly documented plans, and allow ourselves to govern justly rather than in fear of loss of power, then the US would truly be the greatest Nation on the planet.  But as we stand now, we are power hungry and forcibly raping the liberties of those who stand for the truth of "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness".  If we can get back on track and limit the Federal Government's run-away fear mongering and misappropriation of power, and give that back to the State's to govern themselves and help the world through privatization, things can be amazing again.

01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100101 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101000 01100101 01100001 01110010

It is what happened.  

But that's not how Detroit failed. Detroit failed because of mismanagement, corruption, and failing industry. Nothing to do with democrats. 

Detroit was long gone before government bailouts. Detroit and Chicago have a bad stigma due to high crime rate.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

But that's not how Detroit failed. Detroit failed because of mismanagement, corruption, and failing industry. Nothing to do with democrats. 

Did you bother to read the 400 words AFTER the one line you quoted, I already dealt with all that.  You just stopped at the one sentence you didn't like and didn't bother to read any further where only 2 lines later I describe EXACTLY how Detroit failed.

Detroit was long gone before government bailouts. Detroit and Chicago have a bad stigma due to high crime rate.

I'm from Chicago, trust me, it's more than the crime rate lol.  They are horribly mismanaged.  And frankly, the entire state illinois in general is just kind of screwed by big politics in Chicago.  You have a statistically greater chance of being convicted of a felony as the Governor of Illinois than you do being shot in Detroit.  There's a lovely comparison for ya.