There's too many hate for Christians around the World

c00face
On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 5:49 PM, SamStrecker said:

-snip-

Religion has always been a point of major contention since the rise of Christianity. If religion never existed, there'd still be wars, nations and leaders would simply find other excuses in order to come to blows with their neighbours.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

1 hour ago, colonelsofcorn said:

Because it's the most viable answer I've been able to find. It's pretty easily backed up, too, one book explains everything.

how is it the most viable? You cant be hyper critical about evolution and read the bible and say; "yup. seems legit." you're either a critic or a hypocrit. Guess which one you are.

- snip-

10 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

He was raised a Christian.

Whether you still want to call him one as an "Adult" is questionable. I do not believe he "identified" as a Christian, nor did he actively practice, as an adult, during his rise to power.

So he might have been Christian at one point, but that had absolutely no impact on his actions during the Third Reich.

Hitler DID identify as a christian as an adult. His primary place to spread his propaganda was through churches.

Even more so, lets just put it this way, he NEVER identified himself as an athiest in his adult life, so where do people even get that idea from in the first place?

Linus is my fetish.

http://www.cbn.com/700club/features/churchhistory/godandhitler/

In this hour I would ask of the Lord God only this: that He would give His blessing to our work, and that He may ever give us the courage to do the right. I am convinced that men who are created by God should live in accordance with the will of the Almighty. No man can fashion world history unless upon his purpose and his powers there rests the blessings of this Providence."

That may sound like an ideal leader, but that speech was given in 1937 by the Chancellor of Germany, Adolf Hitler. 

In public, Hitler often referred to himself as a follower of Christ.  Even today, many people still believe the Holocaust was carried out in the name of Christianity, but what was the real relationship between God and Hitler?

Adolf Hitler was the nastiest, most hate-filled, almost wickedest man in history,” says Comfort, “and to say that he was a Christian is to be tremendously ignorant, or to be disingenuous.”

As a child, Hitler was baptized into the Catholic Church.  He was an altar boy, and at one point he even wanted to become a priest.  But as history would later show, a church member and a Christian are two different things.

From his earliest political speeches, Hitler invoked God: a smart political move in the mostly Christian nation of Germany

Linus is my fetish.

Now show me exactly where Hitler ever identified himself as an athiest. Oh right, you cant because he never once did.

Linus is my fetish.

49 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Now show me exactly where Hitler ever identified himself as an athiest. Oh right, you cant because he never once did.

Well, I'm pretty sure the Reich Church is covered by the whole flase teachings stuff.

The Reich Church basically potrayed Hitler as a third Christ. The differences between mainstream Christianity and the Reich Church are like the differences between Mormonism and Christianity. I'm not making a direct comparison here because the two are completely different but they both have extra texts and religious figures added on so are therefore different religions.

So basically, Hitler really wasn't a Christian, he had created this whole new religion in his delusion. It's irrelevent whether he identified as a Christian, Mein Kamph was in a sense a religious text which means that he was not following Christianity.

12 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

He was raised a Christian.

Whether you still want to call him one as an "Adult" is questionable. I do not believe he "identified" as a Christian, nor did he actively practice, as an adult, during his rise to power.

So he might have been Christian at one point, but that had absolutely no impact on his actions during the Third Reich.

Oh but he was outspokenly Chrisitan:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006/08/23/list-of-hitler-quotes-he-was-q/

“My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a
fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded
by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and
summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest
not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian
and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord
at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the
Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight
against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with
deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact
that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As
a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have
the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is
anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is
the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty
to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and
work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only
for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning
and see these men standing in their queues and look into their
pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very
devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two
thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people
are plundered and exposed.”

[Adolf Hitler, speech in Munich on April 12, 1922, countering a
political opponent, Count Lerchenfeld, who opposed antisemitism on
his personal Christian feelings. Published in “My New Order”, quoted
in Freethought Today April 1990]

-------

Current Rig

-------

50 minutes ago, Mug said:

Well, I'm pretty sure the Reich Church is covered by the whole flase teachings stuff.

The Reich Church basically potrayed Hitler as a third Christ. The differences between mainstream Christianity and the Reich Church are like the differences between Mormonism and Christianity. I'm not making a direct comparison here because the two are completely different but they both have extra texts and religious figures added on so are therefore different religions.

So basically, Hitler really wasn't a Christian, he had created this whole new religion in his delusion. It's irrelevent whether he identified as a Christian, Mein Kamph was in a sense a religious text which means that he was not following Christianity.

Here's a little crash course for you.

If you:

1) Believe Jesus Christ is the son of god, Lord and Savior

Then You're a fucking Christian. You have endless flavors of Christianity that differ in specific dogma and principles but overall, you believe in Christ that makes you a Christian

If you believe that there must be specific rules to qualify as a Christian that's a fascinating discussion for in fighting, but as Atheists we basically view that as a No True Scotsman fallacy to wrestle out of uncomfortable people and situations.

-------

Current Rig

-------

53 minutes ago, Mug said:

He believed in Jesus and God, therefore he was a christian. 

Again, what possible evidence do people who portray Hitler specifically as an 'athiest'? Just no real or valid reason at all other than to try and falsely attack athiesm. 

Linus is my fetish.

40 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Again, what possible evidence do people who portray Hitler specifically as an 'athiest'? Just no real or valid reason at all other than to try and falsely attack athiesm. 

Aye I wish people would limit their arguments to at least somewhat valid strawmen like Stalin, Mao or Castro.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, Bhav said:

2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Here's a little crash course for you.

If you:

1) Believe Jesus Christ is the son of god, Lord and Savior

Then You're a fucking Christian. You have endless flavors of Christianity that differ in specific dogma and principles but overall, you believe in Christ that makes you a Christian

If you believe that there must be specific rules to qualify as a Christian that's a fascinating discussion for in fighting, but as Atheists we basically view that as a No True Scotsman fallacy to wrestle out of uncomfortable people and situations.

Lol.

I'm black skin, therefore I'm African American. Logic is strong.

Religion =/= race. Your logic is a failure.

Linus is my fetish.

8 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Religion =/= race. Your logic is a failure.

Let me put in simple terms.

Just because some one claims to be something, doesn't mean they really are.

Just because a a white man claims to be black, doesn't mean he is.

In the same tone, just because someone claims to be a Christian, doesn't mean he follow Jesus.

15 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

Let me put in simple terms.

Just because some one claims to be something, doesn't mean they really are.

Just because a a white man claims to be black, doesn't mean he is.

In the same tone, just because someone claims to be a Christian, doesn't mean he follow Jesus.

You dont have to follow Jesus to be a Christian. 

Also dont forget Donald Trump, Sarah Palin and Westborro Baptist Church. Oh wow, its such a wonder why people hate christians! 

Linus is my fetish.

Frankly I feel their isnt enough hate for organized religion to be blunt *cough*

The amount of hate, death, exploitation, and brainwashing just to name a few things that has been directly caused due to religion is staggering. And it boggles my mind we can have so many blindly following something when we live in an age of evidence being needed for any farfetched claim

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

12 hours ago, colonelsofcorn said:

Because it's the most viable answer I've been able to find. It's pretty easily backed up, too, one book explains everything.

This? THIS is your logic for your belief?  That its all in 1 book

If thats the case lettme introduce you to my Lord and Savour Deadpool. its all summed up in a single 2 hour movie, you dont even need to read.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

36 minutes ago, Bhav said:

You dont have to follow Jesus to be a Christian. 

Also dont forget Donald Trump, Sarah Palin and Westborro Baptist Church. Oh wow, its such a wonder why people hate christians! 

A Christian is someone who believes in Jesus Christ as their savior. 

Just now, Nexxus said:

This? THIS is your logic for your belief?  That its all in 1 book

If thats the case lettme introduce you to my Lord and Savour Deadpool. its all summed up in a single 2 hour movie, you dont even need to read.

Can't prove Deadpool. Can, however, prove the Bible. 

Just now, colonelsofcorn said:

Can't prove Deadpool. Can, however, prove the Bible. 

No you're right, I cannot prove Deadpool exist, I can however prove the deadpool movie and books do indeed exist.

Please prove to me THE CONTENTS of the bible rather then. "This is a book entitled bible, it exists, its right here in my hand."

System Specs

Just now, Nexxus said:

No you're right, I cannot prove Deadpool exist, I can however prove the deadpool movie and books do indeed exist.

Please prove to me THE CONTENTS of the bible rather then. "This is a book entitled bible, it exists, its right here in my hand."

Jesus backed up the Bible, and proved himself to be God by doing something totally unique - a self-resurrection. 

On 8/4/2016 at 2:22 PM, ace_cheaply said:

What part of "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" is not getting through? Who cares if you refused because he is gay, or ugly, or fat, or smelly, or because he reminds you of your ex's new squeeze.  It doesn't matter. Whatever the reason, we reserve the right to refuse service. By the thirteenth amendment of the constitution. Don't like it? Tell your friends and go next door.

I haven't read the next four pages after your post but I'm assuming it hasn't been mentioned.

In the US, you are allowed to refuse service to anyone for any reason EXCEPT for those classes specifically outlined in the 14th Amendment as well as the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The Civil Rights act specifically protects:

• race
  • color
  • religion
  • sex
  • national origin

The 14th Amendment did two things. First off, anyone born or naturalized in the US was made a Citizen, effectively giving citizenship officially to blacks. Second, it forbids the government from denying life, liberty, and property without due process to ANYONE as well as forbidding the government from denying anyone equal protection of the laws. 

Now you may be thinking that it states only the government and not private business. However, any business that benefits at all from any service the government provides must comply as well. Not an official law for that but it is a judicial precedent and is therefore legally binding having the same authority as a regular law.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Christians believe in fairy tales and hate gays cause of some mystical book. lmfao ofc I hate them.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

13 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

Christians believe in fairy tales and hate gays cause of some mystical book. lmfao ofc I hate them.

I'm a Christian, I don't hate gays - it says nothing about hating gays in the Bible. 

69ing Rainbow Dash

No fairy tales. Their is evidence for a designer of this world. Just search up some Kent Hovind seminars. We do not hate gays but in the Bible it says a man shall not sleep with another man.