AMD Zen iGPU to have performance similar to an RX 460

Djole123
10 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Well not really... You just need a thing called "an upgrade".

Waiting on my i7-6800K to get back from the RMA. After that I will get a GTX 1060.

Someone I wanted to write in my previous post (Thanks LTT for having such wonderful mobile browser compatibility /s) is that performance is not everything for laptops. Thermals and power consumption are very important aspects too. The RX 480 was terrible in those regards but we don't know how Polaris behaves in lower end parts, and we have no idea what Zen will be like. It doesn't matter if it can match or outperform Intel's solution (remember, Intel can make really powerful iGPUs when they feel like it, see Iris Pro) if they drain the battery in 5 seconds and gives you third degree burns on your lap.

5 hours ago, Djole123 said:

Did you realise that not everybody wants to play AAA titles? And especially not on an iGPU? And do you realise that not everybody has 600+ USD to fork out to get a PC? Think about it.

Pst. You can build a PC for the same price as an Xbone or Pisspoor, and it will be as good, have cheaper games, and doesn't put a paywall in front of online multiplayer, and it can use controllers as well-a very wide selection of controllers.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On 7/21/2016 at 7:45 PM, Misanthrope said:

Decently? For csgo and mobas maybe no way this will run modern games Decently. 

Considering that todays APUs are already running those titles just fine, I doubt that the next generation would have severe issues running some heavier titles at a decent framerate (detail quality might need adjustments).

Sure dedicated GPUs will be better, noone is contesting that.

18 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Pst. You can build a PC for the same price as an Xbone or Pisspoor, and it will be as good, have cheaper games, and doesn't put a paywall in front of online multiplayer, and it can use controllers as well-a very wide selection of controllers.

Perhaps you can 'build' such a PC, but can you find it prebuild?

Will it fit in the living room, under the TV, like a console and give the same couch-gaming-experience?

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

4 hours ago, Tomsen said:

Considering that todays APUs are already running those titles just fine, I doubt that the next generation would have severe issues running some heavier titles at a decent framerate (detail quality might need adjustments).

Sure dedicated GPUs will be better, noone is contesting that.

Perhaps you can 'build' such a PC, but can you find it prebuild?

Will it fit in the living room, under the TV, like a console and give the same couch-gaming-experience?

Prebuilt-can do. Its called going to a local PC shop, and simply asking. And FYI, any PC can be plugged into a TV and give you a couch gaming experience. Even PC from the late 90's early 2000's (building one to replace my aging Xbox Original-down to 2x working DVD drives, 1x Samsung and 1x Thompson).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

7 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Prebuilt-can do. Its called going to a local PC shop, and simply asking. And FYI, any PC can be plugged into a TV and give you a couch gaming experience. Even PC from the late 90's early 2000's (building one to replace my aging Xbox Original-down to 2x working DVD drives, 1x Samsung and 1x Thompson).

Oh, or you will get a shitty PC, because the clerk at your local PC shop don't care to much, and know you don't know to much about the subject. A much more realistic scenario.

I'm not contesting the idea that you can use a PC with a TV and have a decent couch-gaming-experience. But the setup is much more complicated than a xbox/ps where it is plug and play (keyboard and mouse is not a good couch-gaming-experience, what-so-ever, so you will need a controller (and have games that support it). 

There is an actual reason why there is a market for the consoles.

We are talking about the common person, not the common tech person.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO