Origin PC Was Paid, Handsomely, To Remove AMD GPU Options.

I'd call that kind of unfair, I mean really ... AMD doesn't really do anything that bad to NVIDIA, very foul play here. 

*I don't know where you heard it, but I don't want you to get the impression that I am a Nvidia fanboy.

Does that make me, that single statement, make me automatically a Nvidia fanboy? Nope, sorry it doesn't. Same statement basically. I'm saying, I don't know where you heard it from, but I don't want you to think I am a Nvidia fanboy.

*I missed that part, thanks for pointing it out. But still, it'd be nice to know the sources and exact terms. I mean, we had sources that Saddam had WMDs, and we know that was wrong. (Though to be fair, there are reports that some were shipped to Syria).

*Its telling, in my mind, that NONE of the test units are running AMD. I mean, if you are testing out a platform, you test combinations. They're doing it with the processors and Nvidia graphics cards, trying different combinations.

To keep this going, sorry that you got the impression that I thought you were an NVidia fanboy  :). I don't think that btw (I've seen fanboys, they're much more irrational  ;)).

"Anonymous sources" are definitely not proof of anything, so I'd agree completely that you'd have to take anything justified like that with a big pinch of salt. That said, marketing in general has the effect that we can't really take anything at face value anymore...

It's interesting that the initial steam machines are all NVidia GPUd (from what I've read NVidia's closed-source drivers are better than AMDs atm: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/61932-16-gpus-tested-on-open-source-linux-and-drivers/?hl=%2Bopen+%2Bsource+%2Bdriver), but I'm gonna play the "wait and see" card that I use for all "betas".

To keep this going, sorry that you got the impression that I thought you were an NVidia fanboy  :). I don't think that btw (I've seen fanboys, they're much more irrational  ;)).

"Anonymous sources" are definitely not proof of anything, so I'd agree completely that you'd have to take anything justified like that with a big pinch of salt. That said, marketing in general has the effect that we can't really take anything at face value anymore...

It's interesting that the initial steam machines are all NVidia GPUd (from what I've read NVidia's closed-source drivers are better than AMDs atm: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/61932-16-gpus-tested-on-open-source-linux-and-drivers/?hl=%2Bopen+%2Bsource+%2Bdriver), but I'm gonna play the "wait and see" card that I use for all "betas".

Maybe the partnership with Nvidia and SteamOS has been a bit more in depth than we have thought. I found it interesting that they chose Nvidia too because my first assumption was lower powered AMD APU based machines. Totally wrong of course, they surprised me with the prototype specs.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

lol. I don't tend to play the game of brand fanboyism. Well, for the most part. I won't really buy American cars. Personal experience of airbag going off at 55, while going across a bridge, along with several mechanical failures.

I'm not, we've seen over the time that once a company decides these test machines normally they stick with them unless there is a huge problem. But I submit one more thing about the SteamOS. Nvidia starts working with Linux and then SteamOS (Linux based) is announced with Nvidia cards in the test systems.

Honestly we can all agree that this isn't the only step in which NVIDIA will take to securte their crown. They have some other things planned but we will have to see what it its. As for now:

We wait.....

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Sadly it happens all the time *Looks at Sony and Microsoft*

And they got slapped with hundreds of millions of euros in fines by the EU due to anti-competition legislation. Does Origin trade in the EU?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

And they got slapped with hundreds of millions of euros in fines by the EU due to anti-competition legislation. Does Origin trade in the EU?

No clue...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Oh look, another painful reminder that the US has no laws for journalistic ethics, that entire article is BS with no proof what so ever, if that site was Norwegian it'd be fined or shut down on the day.

As this is slander I have reported it to the mods for closing, you can find this kind of "news" on Fox.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Oh look, another painful reminder that the US has no laws for journalistic ethics, that entire article is BS with no proof what so ever, if that site was Norwegian it'd be fined or shut down on the day.

As this is slander I have reported it to the mods for closing, you can find this kind of "news" on Fox.

Well the owner of LinusTechTips obviously disagrees with you, because he tweeted this "slanderous" post.

https://twitter.com/LinusTech/status/386724710886559744

Well the owner of LinusTechTips obviously disagrees with you, because he tweeted this "slanderous" post.

https://twitter.com/LinusTech/status/386724710886559744

Yeah because never before has a chain of bad info gone on a rampage through social media because people don't validate sources. Oh wait...

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yeah because never before has a chain of bad info gone on a rampage through social media because people don't validate sources. Oh wait...

You're over-exaggerating, Charlie Demerjian is & has been a very reliable and credible journalist for the past fifteen years.

This is why we need journalists & freedom of speech, we don't have freedom of speech to discuss the weather, we have it to be able to talk about sensitive topics.

I applaud Charlie for reporting this not many people are willing to go through the heat that's accompanied by topics like this & what do the journalists gain for their efforts ? ridicule, what a sad state we're in, instead holding the parties at fault accountable we criticize the people that try to do so themselves, that's not just ignorant, it's selfish and cowardly.

Do I hold Origin PC at fault ? of course I do, do I hold Nvidia at fault ? of course I do, honest to god I was going to buy a GTX 660 Ti just yesterday & will instead get an R9 270X to let Nvidia know if they don't clean up their act, they're losing my business.

Then they will no longer send him Nvidia cards...

If that was the case, and Linus therefore would not make a video about it, he'd be the same sell out. Don't think that's how Linus works, he posted it on Twitter after all =P 

Nvidia's $600+ products utilize the GK110 chip which is significantly larger & thus more expensive to manufacture than AMD's Hawaii chips in the R9 290 series so to avoid slashing prices Nvidia has to fire up its powerful marketing mechanism

Products? Only product that uses the GK110 is the GTX 780 in the $600 price range. Next up is the $1000 Titan!

Not sure how reliable this article is if the person doesn't even know that. 

780 ~ 650$

Titan ~ 1000$

600 < 650 = true

600 < 1000 = true -> 600+ =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4&gl=SG&hl=en-GB

Oh wait, it's Nvidia the god of GPU manufacturers after all  :rolleyes:

Called it the moment i read it. Caught with your pants down Nvidia, shame.

@beebskadoo What you said makes no sense at all, this is because a GK110 chip is a large chip used for a Quadro. Those that come out half-fucked from production will be sold as the Titan, with half of the cores disabled - power consumption will likewise decrease regardless of die size. This however doesn't change the fact that a large die like the GK110 is immensely expensive to produce. Why else do you think a Quadro card costs upwards of $2000 to $4000?

​Edit: Fix'd

There's a few reasons the Quadro cost as much:

• Specific market. It's not mainstream gear and they sell less of them.
  • Little more expensive to manufacture
  • Main reason: Because they can. If they made 100$ on a Quadro, they'd not make a lot of money off them. They cost significantly less than what you pay for them because Nvidia and the vendor make money on them aswell [mostly Nvidia]

So who paid off Origin. It doesn't really seem like the thing Nvidia would do. Neither of those companies is that low. I could be wrong of course. 

It's corporations. The funny guy on the stage that wants to blow all "gamers" is a part of their marketing. At the top you got people hugging their calculators and the share holders QQing about not getting enough millions =P They both would probably do that.

Intel and AMD have done the same with CPU benchmarking software. AMD a while a go, Intel not too long ago.

Jonathan Fatal1ty Wendel I detest u now! Why u let ur company do this!?

Origin (partially) belongs to Fatal1ty? 

Honestly, NvidEA has been doing a lot of scite lately.

First they fucked up the new GNU/Linux drivers, or rather made the proprietary and hard to work with, now this.

I mean, I am never going to buy an NvidEA card again, I really hate my 680s.

But of course this is marketing, of course this is the essence of low-bob. But it's marketing after all.

AMD right now is not all that liquid, so they actually have to do their best within a certain price range. While NvidEA and Intel basically play with their dicks at the moment. NvidEA seems sacred of the new AMD cards -> Good -> NvidEA can take the thumb out of their asses, make a really good card -> AMD has to catch up = Better performance for all, no matter which company you chose :D

oh, and before I forget:

And GOD spoketh:

Linus-Torvalds-Nvidia-fuck-you.jpg

^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

If that was the case, and Linus therefore would not make a video about it, he'd be the same sell out. Don't think that's how Linus works, he posted it on Twitter after all =P 

780 ~ 650$

Titan ~ 1000$

600 < 650 = true

600 < 1000 = true -> 600+ =P

There's a few reasons the Quadro cost as much:

• Specific market. It's not mainstream gear and they sell less of them.
  • Little more expensive to manufacture
  • Main reason: Because they can. If they made 100$ on a Quadro, they'd not make a lot of money off them. They cost significantly less than what you pay for them because Nvidia and the vendor make money on them aswell [mostly Nvidia]

It's corporations. The funny guy on the stage that wants to blow all "gamers" is a part of their marketing. At the top you got people hugging their calculators and the share holders QQing about not getting enough millions =P They both would probably do that.

Intel and AMD have done the same with CPU benchmarking software. AMD a while a go, Intel not too long ago.

Origin (partially) belongs to Fatal1ty? 

Honestly, NvidEA has been doing a lot of scite lately.

First they fucked up the new GNU/Linux drivers, or rather made the proprietary and hard to work with, now this.

I mean, I am never going to buy an NvidEA card again, I really hate my 680s.

But of course this is marketing, of course this is the essence of low-bob. But it's marketing after all.

AMD right now is not all that liquid, so they actually have to do their best within a certain price range. While NvidEA and Intel basically play with their dicks at the moment. NvidEA seems sacred of the new AMD cards -> Good -> NvidEA can take the thumb out of their asses, make a really good card -> AMD has to catch up = Better performance for all, no matter which company you chose :D

oh, and before I forget:

And GOD spoketh:

Linus-Torvalds-Nvidia-fuck-you.jpg

^^

Posting it on twitter with a question mark at the end is very different then making a whole video about the topic where your opinions come into play.

Good Morning...

this isn't about profit

if linus lets them not sending him cards effect his opinion

then he is no more then an ant and I will lose respect for him over time

Do you want no more videos? He will no longer be the tech channel to go to if he no longer unboxes/reviews Nvidia cards. All of this is about profit, do you think he just makes videos just to make videos? That used to be the case when he had a full time job at NCIX but the situation has changed. He wasn't even really hating on products then when working for NCIX as he was unboxing products that the company he worked for sold to make profit. 

No one will send you their products if all you do is talk negatively about it.

Good Morning...

@beebskadoo Why else do you think a Quadro card costs upwards of $2000 to $4000?

​Edit: Fix'd

The price of the Quadro has less to do with manufacturing imperfections and more to do with driver optimisations for increased precision. And support.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

"F you Nvidia." said some prominent figure.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Anywayyyy to hell with Origin if I want to build a rig I will build it myself.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

So doing some research into the author of this hit piece, I found some interesting claims he has made in the past.

It ranges from Nvidia being dicks, to Nvidia looking for buyers to sell itself to, "Nvidia abandons the mid and high end market: Full on retreat, can't compete with ATI", to this funny one "It looks like Nvidia is on a roll as far as canceling GPUs goes, SemiAccurate moles say another major one has bitten the dust. It looks like GK100 and the GK11x lines now have a new friend to drown their sorrows with."  Granted I can't see the rest of the article because I would have to pay for it. Really, what news/blog site should make you pay? This goes for normal news too. Comparing the top end card from AMD, to the 770? Apples to oranges since it wasn't meant to take on the ghz. Even the 670 wasn't aimed at the 7970 Ghz, afaik. This author fell for the Flash your 680 to 770 false story, the actual title "Get a Nvidia GTX770 free! Bios flash and GTX680 not included but required." and "Why would Nvidia release an unlocked GTX680 to GTX770 BIOS?" bahaha. To the point claiming GK11x is canceled.

Need I go on more about how biased this guy really is. Its that obvious to me, hope it is to others.

Edit: I gotta add this gem from his article. AMD Powered Titan Supercomputer, and forgets to mention somehow or other that AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs and decides to just mention AMD. 

Edited by afa7336

you kids actually believe this terrible article?

this is worse than reading some ridiculously bias forum troll post. none of his "claims" (more like rants) are even backed up by any legitamate facts and just completely ignores Origin's own response that they weren't being bought off

I hate the internet...it's made journalism such a complete joke

Charlie? Reliable articles? Ahaha good one. I can make very bold statements as well but unless I got a source they are meaningless, just like Charlies statements (do I have to bring up 1.7% yield? Or woodscrews? Or any other bullshit he has said in the past).

Look at any old forum with knowledgeable users and most of them will just say Charlie is borderline religious about his hatred for Nvidia (from what I've seen he hasn't written a single positive thing about them since they burned him for violating the NDA). That guy on Hardforum said it pretty well when he said "Honestly, if anyone says "nVidia fucked up" every time, a few times they'd be right. That's really all this guy does with nVidia and Microsoft. Say it 100 times and a few times its true. Big damn deal.". People also only tend to remember things he was right about, and forget all the stuff he got wrong. It's the same with all rumors sites really. If you make like 10 predictions about the next iPhone and one of them turns out to be true, other sites will go "yeah that's a reliable source, they were right about the next iPhone being X and having a Y".

I am not saying that Nvidia didn't bribe them, but what Charlie is doing is just accusing them for it without evidence (no saying "I got a source" is not evidence). I live by the rule "innocent until proven guilty" and that applies to this situation as well.

well said

reading through this thread makes me facepalm at how gullible and narrow-minded you kids are. I need to stop reading tech forums because of this kind of garbage

The problem with all of this is, we all know that the AMD Drivers are very good since the Never Settle Drivers. I can't imagine they are loosing money over support problems with AMD and all of this smells really really fishy, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Nvidia had something to do with this. The "Nvidia Experience" simply isn't really better than the AMD one.

So doing some research into the author of this hit piece, I found some interesting claims he has made in the past.

It ranges from Nvidia being dicks, to Nvidia looking for buyers to sell itself to, "Nvidia abandons the mid and high end market: Full on retreat, can't compete with ATI", to this funny one "It looks like Nvidia is on a roll as far as canceling GPUs goes, SemiAccurate moles say another major one has bitten the dust. It looks like GK100 and the GK11x lines now have a new friend to drown their sorrows with."  Granted I can't see the rest of the article because I would have to pay for it. Really, what news/blog site should make you pay? This goes for normal news too. Comparing the top end card from AMD, to the 770? Apples to oranges since it wasn't meant to take on the ghz. Even the 670 wasn't aimed at the 7970 Ghz, afaik. This author fell for the Flash your 680 to 770 false story, the actual title "Get a Nvidia GTX770 free! Bios flash and GTX680 not included but required." and "Why would Nvidia release an unlocked GTX680 to GTX770 BIOS?" bahaha. To the point claiming GK11x is canceled.

Need I go on more about how biased this guy really is. Its that obvious to me, hope it is to others.

Edit: I gotta add this gem from his article. AMD Powered Titan Supercomputer, and forgets to mention somehow or other that AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs and decides to just mention AMD. 

Paying for the rest of the article? What the....

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER