Origin PC Was Paid, Handsomely, To Remove AMD GPU Options.

attachicon.giflinus-meme-6.jpg

Lighten up,people.. :)

I'm pretty chill :D

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

The OP is in on the discussion. it's sort of his call TBH

No its just general forum etiquette to stay on topic. Also I see many thread on LTT where the OP never shows back up. Also trust me if you make a thread about it youll definitely get a discussion going as people love "discussing" which brand has the best card and/or lineup.

The fact that you think that I don't think AMD cards have a great architecture is obviously overlooking something. I Love AMD <3 And I love their products. I am just giving a counter argument based on information that I have gathered. 

From an AnandTech article

49749.png

Where did you get this article...? Must be pretty ancient before the 13.4 driver updates to have a 7950 performing below a 660ti because as of the present situation, the 7950 performs between a 670 and 680 in Battlefield 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiz7HCdGEic

No its just general forum etiquette to stay on topic. Also I see many thread on LTT where the OP never shows back up. Also trust me if you make a thread about it youll definitely get a discussion going as people love "discussing" which brand has the best card and/or lineup.

It's not my thing. I'm pretty tired of this debate TBH :/ it's 5:14 AM where I am. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Where did you get this article...? Must be pretty ancient before the 13.4 driver updates to have a 7950 performing below a 660ti because as of the present situation, the 7950 performs between a 670 and 680 in Battlefield 3.

Yeah this is the 12.8 drivers. Oops :/ 

Scratch that.

Hail Sithis!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiz7HCdGEic

That's when the 660 first launched, so August-September, before the NS drivers.

Yeah this is the 12.8 drivers. Oops :/ 

Scratch that.

That's why I always refer to the Linus graphics showdowns, they use the latest drivers, the 7870 beat the 660 in all games except in Crysis 3 where it was a tie.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/10692-video-card-showdown/

Anyway, I don't know how this discussion turned into a 7870-660 performance discussion, in any case I don't mind a healthy discussion as long as it's constructive, which this is.

Then they will no longer send him Nvidia cards...

this isn't about profit

if linus lets them not sending him cards effect his opinion

then he is no more then an ant and I will lose respect for him over time

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

That's when the 660 first launched, so August-September, before the NS drivers.

That's why I always refer to the Linus graphics showdowns, they use the latest drivers, the 7870 beat the 660 in all games, except in Crysis 3 where it was a tie.

kk :)

Hail Sithis!

this isn't about profit

if linus lets them not sending him cards effect his opinion

then he is no more then an ant and I will lose respect for him over time

Linus has to remain neutral especially when things like this get released or he might end up losing credibility if it turns out to be false.

Linus has to remain neutral especially when things like this get released or he might end up losing credibility if it turns out to be false.

Exactly why I said over time...

If this turns out to be fact and he still doesn't state his opinion

I will unconditionally will turn on him

I do not support weak "neutrals" 

although if this turns out to be false, then I will also have no bad opinion towards linus

either way I just have to wait it out and see where I place my support :)

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

This thread is frustrating to read. Of course AMD has a better card than Nvidia. Their line up is about 6 months after Nvidia.

This happens with phones too. iPhones are released in the fall. They're faster than Samsung phones. Then Samsung releases phones in the spring. They're faster than iPhones. It's a cycle in the technology world. When you have basically a duopoly, sometimes products are released at the same time (see consoles) or you have products released half a year apart (see graphics cards, phones, sometimes CPUs.)

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I compared the 7970 & the 680 clock for clock so to speak, that's why I put the 7970 Ghz against the 680.

OpenCL is significantly faster than CUDA in AdobeCC.

Isn't it more like a lot of features aren't even working with opencl, because adobe deactivated them after finding that there was no improvement over pure cpu calculations?

Also you can't compare just computing units and then say amd is faster because it has more.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Isn't it more like a lot of features aren't even working with opencl, because adobe deactivated them after finding that there was no improvement over pure cpu calculations?

No, what happened was Adobe had signed an exclusivity agreement with Nvidia a few years back to use CUDA.

Now it has an agreement with AMD to exclusively use OpenCL for the latest AdobeCC and anything that follows it.

Also you can't compare just computing units and then say amd is faster because it has more.

Not sure what you're talking about, seems like a misunderstanding.

No, what happened was Adobe had signed an exclusivity agreement with Nvidia a few years back to use CUDA.

Now it has an agreement with AMD to exclusively use OpenCL for the latest AdobeCC and anything that follows it.

afaik cuda is still support as well with cc ..?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

just smart marketing :P but not realy good for sales becus lost of people are going to buy the 300 series 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

just smart marketing :P but not realy good for sales becus lost of people are going to buy the 300 series 

I wouldn't call this marketing.

If the accusations are true, then it shows that AMD's new GPUs are very, very good and Nvidia are scared of it if Nvidia has to revert to these tactics.

I need more SSDs.

If that's true then damn that's a really evil tactic. Please note that Charlie is not exactly know for being reliable, the name of their website fit a lot of the content of his articles very well. He is known for posting anti-Nvidia lies and he never post any sources to back him claims up with (he always goes "well I got secret sources that I am not allowed to talk about" or stuff along those lines). So yeah, take everything Charlie says with a huge shovel of salt.

If that's true then damn that's a really evil tactic. Please note that Charlie is not exactly know for being reliable, the name of their website fit a lot of the content of his articles very well. He is known for posting anti-Nvidia lies and he never post any sources to back him claims up with (he always goes "well I got secret sources that I am not allowed to talk about" or stuff along those lines). So yeah, take everything Charlie says with a huge shovel of salt.

That's not true at all, his articles in fact are 100% reliable, you can go back 12 months past & you'll find that every "prediction" he made was in fact 100% accurate.

Charlie used to work at a different website, can't remember the name of that Linus used to read everyday because it would make accurate predictions about upcoming GPUs & CPUs.

They're not really predictions , he just has inside sources... everywhere.

How is this "dirty"?, all companies pull crap like this in just about every way you can think of.

When they start cheating benchmarks again I'll start tossing around the word dirty. Until then you can write an article/thread like this on just about any company out there.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Damn, why yu do dis Nvidia?

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

who cares.... tons of companies do this stuff lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

This is very reminiscent of the dirty tactics Intel used back in the early 2000s to strong-arm OEMs into not selling AMD CPUs.

First thing that came to my mind

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Probably did the same to many review sites too since many popular reviewer 7950 was weirdly underperform compared to mine and on not so popular review site the performance is similar or just slightly different.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

nvidia is just jealous of AMD for making so many good strides lately.  Once all the AAA developers start to implement Mantle/true audio to all of their future games,  it's going to be bye..bye nvidia.  I wonder if mantle can be incorporated into older games via a patch.