Purported Service Manual Gives A Look At The Next Nexus Phone, Reveals 32GB Storage, 8MP OIS Camera, Photos, And More

mgsstar

Courtesy of an anonymous tipster, we've got a nice weekend treat for those caught up in Nexus season rumor hysteria. A document, purported to be an internal Service Manual for the LG-D821 (which we previously thought was a G2 variant) and posted to scribd, gives us an in-depth look at the next Nexus phone.

There's a lot of technical information, flow charts, diagrams, and photos of silicon here, but there are a few things worth picking out before you dive into the full document.

First, we now have a new look at the device, with the document including line drawings and disassembly photos.

nexusae0_image_thumb5.png

nexusae0_image_thumb6.png nexusae0_image_thumb7.png nexusae0_image_thumb8.png

nexusae0_image_thumb9.png nexusae0_image_thumb10.png

nexusae0_image_thumb11.png

The document also gives us a peek at most of the device's specs, confirming and expanding upon recent rumors – here's a quick rundown of what it reveals.

• 4.95" 1080p display (IPS TFT for those interested)
  • 32GB internal storage (other capacities not specified)
  • 2GB RAM
  • MSM8947 aka Snapdragon 800 at 2.3GHz
  • 8MP OIS rear camera, 1.3MP front camera
  • 2300mAh battery
  • Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity/Ambient Light, Pressure
  • Slimport compatibility
  • Micro SIM slot
  • Notification light
  • Wireless charging
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth 3.0 (We assume this is an error – after all the document is still a "draft version" according to its last page)
  • UMTS/GSM/CDMA/LTE compatibility

Source:http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/05/purported-service-manual-gives-a-look-at-the-next-nexus-phone-reveals-32gb-storage-8mp-ois-camera-photos-and-more/

Service Manual: http://www.scribd.com/doc/173744848/LG-D821

The specs are great imo. Can't wait for it to release! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

:) :wub:

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Nice specs, although I wish it had a bigger battery. I think I'm just gonna get an LG G2. 

COMIC SANS

Just a quick question (because I've been curious about this).

UMTS and HSPA are the same thing, right? Same with GSM and EDGE? 

COMIC SANS

Just a quick question (because I've been curious about this).

UMTS and HSPA are the same thing, right? Same with GSM and EDGE? 

HSPA is an upgraded version of UMTS. Found this link: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130524071142AA4oeIC

Correct me if I am wrong about this because I just searched this up.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

So I'm assuming they're compatible with one another? 

Yea:

HSPA is backward-compatible with UMTS, EDGE and GPRS

http://www.4gamericas.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=page&pageid=1101

happy with my iphone since the camera doesn't look like a radar dish.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

So I guess this means that the Nexus 5 won't have that fancy MEMS camera?

I think thats what it was called, but the one where you can refocus a picture after you have taken it

hope it hits close to the same price mark. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

That thing is going to be an absolute BEAST of a phone. Snapdragon 800, 1080p, and stock Android! Best android phone yet!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

If it's available in Wind Mobile(CA) then I'm getting it for sure. Been planning to get a N4 for a while.

So I guess this means that the Nexus 5 won't have that fancy MEMS camera?

I think thats what it was called, but the one where you can refocus a picture after you have taken it

Guess not but still have hopes for it :)https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/62046-rumor-nexus-5-to-feature-mems-camera-fastest-camera-phone-tech/

Nice specs, although I wish it had a bigger battery. I think I'm just gonna get an LG G2. 

EDIT

Lg phones arnt normally updated 

and double check the dev section on XDA and check if there is life in the forum so in the future if u want to update etc

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.