Truck runs over crowd in Nice, France (gunfire later)

elfensky

I still cannot believe it how that trucker reached the crowd in the first place was that street not sealed of by police and Military forces? this blood is on their hands now. the Law failed the french people this time. R.I.P Victims.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

1 minute ago, Xsilent(X) said:

I still cannot believe it how that trucker reached the crowd in the first place was that street not sealed of by police and Military forces? this blood is on their hands now. the Law failed the french people this time. R.I.P Victims.

He likely have just used the grenades in that case, though the truck was likely just as effective

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

8 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

This isn't religion, though. These idiots that call themselves ISIS are not Muslim, despite what they say. They're terrorists and that's not a religion.

It's ideology which is tied to religion, doesn't much matter what it is though since we know where they are based and have the capacity to level the region. So why don't we?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 hour ago, theninja35 said:

This isn't religion, though. These idiots that call themselves ISIS are not Muslim, despite what they say. They're terrorists and that's not a religion.

I just like to stay far, far away from all that stuff, for various reasons and my own.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

3 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

Not to sound demeaning of the victims, but after the recent attacks, who in their right mind gets in any place that has huge crows of people?

Why should we stop enjoying ourselves just because a bag of dicks somewhere is compensating for something? Fuck em. I don't think we should give them the satisfaction. We shouldn't give them a title, we shouldn't legitimise them by saying we're at war with them. Not to say that we shouldn't be in the middle east but we shouldn't talk about them on their own terms. We shouldn't run away. We certainly shouldn't be calling them an Islamic State

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

What are we supposed to do? A ton of mass killings are being carried out on the people of our nations.

Be like Hitler and eradicate this religion? Kill Islamic State and finally stabilize the region? Will these people ever integrate into society? The more they attack the harder it is for them to integrate because they know we don't trust them.

We need answers because the terrorism isn't going away on its own and because WE are the cause of this destabilization of their home countries they hate us.

3 hours ago, theninja35 said:

Every time this shit happens people PC it saying its not muslims. What then are they Buddhists? Atheists? Nah. This is not Islam but Islam sure does have allot of bad apples. 

:/

10 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

So everyone is too busy making new laws to stop piracy and stop people from looking at inappropriate things on the internet yet they fail to stop simple attacks. They have all the spy equipment ever to know everything about you yet they always somehow never stop attacks. Good on you government/military you failed again

inb4 "we need to surveil everyone's thoughts to prevent terrorist attacks" answer from government.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

6 hours ago, Okjoek said:

What are we supposed to do? A ton of mass killings are being carried out on the people of our nations.

Be like Hitler and eradicate this religion? Kill Islamic State and finally stabilize the region? Will these people ever integrate into society? The more they attack the harder it is for them to integrate because they know we don't trust them.

We need answers because the terrorism isn't going away on its own and because WE are the cause of this destabilization of their home countries they hate us.

There are a great many things that have caused this mess in the middle east. We are about as much to blame as islam is. that region of the world was never really peaceful, it has been at war and in open oppression of others since the dawn of islam and well before it. Even during the dawn of civilization near the fertile crescent warlords fought viscously each other. It has always been a destabilized region, just with differing peoples at the helm; to purely blame 'the west' is like saying the ground is at fault for breaking my arm when I fell. The only region of earth that can actually blame a majority of its current problems on the west is africa; we actually kind of really f*cked them over with the whole imperialism and exploitation thing...

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

13 hours ago, terrytek said:

wow, first terror attacks in paris, and then this in nice? france isn't having a good year. but i pray for them.

Praying (To Allah instead of Yahweh) is what caused this to begin with. Stop fucking doing that please.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, Atmos said:

There are a great many things that have caused this mess in the middle east. We are about as much to blame as islam is. 

No. You as an American (if that's the case) might feel bad about the unjustified war and occupation of Iraq, but did you forgot Freedom Fries? Did you forgot how France explicitly refused any involvement in the invasion?

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 hours ago, Okjoek said:

What are we supposed to do?

1) Immediately stop all immigration

2) Immediately make a concentrated effort to deport all known criminals that hide behind a refugee status and are not even refugees

3) Immediately accept the fact that Islam preaches hate, war, murder right in the Quran and the Hadith without changing the subject to other religions, without screaming Islamophobia, without pretending this are isolated cases from a few nuts when we fucking know it's a concentrated effort directly spewed out by Muslim clergy to billions of people with immunity to criticism due to the stupid social justice warriors backwards rhetoric. 

If you can manage all those 3 then maybe you can start to work towards a solution. In fact just start with 3: We need to be able to openly criticize any religion which are ideologies, not racial backgrounds or cultural legacies but barbaric ideas preached for the benefit of the clergy only. 

Why am I basically just expecting warning points or a ban here on LTT even though I do not personally attack anybody on this forums? Islamophobia

Why am I unable to post this on Facebook even though is a reasonable criticism of their religious dogma that constitutes a real problem? Islamophobia

Why am I unable to tweet about this without being shadow banned, without Twitter suppressing dissenting voices that say "Fuck Allah"? Islamophobia

Why are so many Americans talking about gun control after an attack with a fucking truck instead of talking about the real issue, religious fundamentalism? Islamophobia

Islamophobia as in the irrational fear of even discussing how Islamic Clergy just might be afforded too much power and billions of Muslims, not just radical Muslims but Muslims in general, are listening instead of abandoning centuries old fucking nonsense since the middle east preaches them faith and the west preaches them absolution in the form of Victim Culture they now find themselves at the top of.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Europe is being way too passive honestly. Instead of praying they should really start taking action because there is going to be more bloodshed without a doubt.

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

Praying (To Allah instead of Yahweh) is what caused this to begin with. Stop fucking doing that please.

A-fucking-men.

- snip-

59 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

2) Immediately make a concentrated effort to deport all known criminals that hide behind a refugee status and are not even refugees

3) Immediately accept the fact that Islam preaches hate, war, murder right in the Quran and the Hadith without changing the subject to other religions, without screaming Islamophobia, without pretending this are isolated cases from a few nuts when we fucking know it's a concentrated effort directly spewed out by Muslim clergy to billions of people with immunity to criticism due to the stupid social justice warriors backwards rhetoric. 

If you can manage all those 3 then maybe you can start to work towards a solution. In fact just start with 3: We need to be able to openly criticize any religion which are ideologies, not racial backgrounds or cultural legacies but barbaric ideas preached for the benefit of the clergy only. 

Why am I basically just expecting warning points or a ban here on LTT even though I do not personally attack anybody on this forums? Islamophobia

Why am I unable to post this on Facebook even though is a reasonable criticism of their religious dogma that constitutes a real problem? Islamophobia

Why am I unable to tweet about this without being shadow banned, without Twitter suppressing dissenting voices that say "Fuck Allah"? Islamophobia

Why are so many Americans talking about gun control after an attack with a fucking truck instead of talking about the real issue, religious fundamentalism? Islamophobia

Islamophobia as in the irrational fear of even discussing how Islamic Clergy just might be afforded too much power and billions of Muslims, not just radical Muslims but Muslims in general, are listening instead of abandoning centuries old fucking nonsense since the middle east preaches them faith and the west preaches them absolution in the form of Victim Culture they now find themselves at the top of.

Agree, mostly, with exception to point 1. Immagration to known 'target' countries (like paris and parts of europe) should be cut down to a managable flow, with interviews for people (especially men) over the age of 18. The group thats probably modt likely to rape/terrorize. We cannot carpet ban immigration because there are people who still really need safety for their families. But we should try and cut down on the 'bad apples.'

- snip-

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

No. You as an American (if that's the case) might feel bad about the unjustified war and occupation of Iraq, but did you forgot Freedom Fries? Did you forgot how France explicitly refused any involvement in the invasion?

What does that have to do with my post? 

Extremists dont care who they attack,  xD. france is just convenient. 

Its as simple as this, its easy to get into france, france is close, france is part of the west, france has sites of signifigance to the west. Thats it, thats why france gets attack. Thats also why germany is probably next on the list. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I think i am sociopathic because all i could think of while reading this was the headlines instead of the victims..

Nice Terrorist Attack

Someone shoot this apathetic man here

3 minutes ago, Lukiose said:

I think i am sociopathic because all i could think of while reading this was the headlines instead of the victims..

Nice Terrorist Attack

Someone shoot this apathetic man here

Everyone who looked hard enough saw the ironic humor, the fact that you felt as such shows that you are not sociopathic.

1 hour ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Agree, mostly, with exception to point 1. Immagration to known 'target' countries (like paris and parts of europe) should be cut down to a managable flow, with interviews for people (especially men) over the age of 18. The group thats probably modt likely to rape/terrorize. We cannot carpet ban immigration because there are people who still really need safety for their families. But we should try and cut down on the 'bad apples.'

That's a reasonable stance. I'd add that even if it means refugees will have to wait more, there should actually be comprehensible checks to see who's actually a refugee and who is an economical migrant taking advantage of the situation. The later group is basically coming not from Syria but from elsewhere in Afria and Asia and the policies are so relaxed they just get in as refugees when they're nothing of the sort.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Western Civilization needs to reassert itself as the dominate culture, by whatever means necessary.  Personally I think we should put boots on the ground, isolate the threatening nations, prevent any further migration from the hot zones and start relentlessly carpet bombing their towns and cities until the good muslims get rid of the bad muslims all by themselves or none of them are left.

There is only one way to win a war, by doing whatever it takes to win.  Until we grow a set and remember that war is messy and takes morally questionable choices to win, we will not win against the terrorists.

21 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

CnWvBQ7WAAAv6c4.jpg

(^truck in question, with bullet-holes in the windshield)

So, I think it's Bastille day today, and there were celebrations all over France.

A truck decided to drive a few miles over a crowd on one of the main promenades in Nice, with witnesses confirming hearing gunshots later.

I'm linking the general reddit thread, if you want graphic content you can find it in the comments yourself.

MAIN REDDIT THREAD         LIVE REDDIT THREAD

I think it's horrifying, and my thoughts are with France.

The French news' livestream about it (It's in French, obviously, but since a part of Canada speaks it, I thought to link it): LINK

EDIT1:

Dutch witness confirms gunfire. Mentions the white lorry suddenly appearing and stoppi ng 20m in front of him, starting to shoot afterwards, at which point he started running.

EDIT2:

French news mentions only a SINGLE neutralized person, and whether it's an act of terrorism or an action of a single unhinged person is still up to debate.

EDIT3:

Death toll has risen to 73. Witnesses say truck was zigzagging through the crowd, so there's no doubt about "intent to kill".

EDIT4:

CNN offering context:

The promenade has two tiers: A street, and a beach at a lower level. Beach was closed off for fireworks.

Police quickly advised people to run onto the beach because of the truck zigzagging.

EDIT5:

Thought there's no confirmation from official sources, Daesh (otherwise known as the Islamic State) claims responsibility for this act.

(a bit off topic, but as far as I'm aware, Daesh is the more demeaning name for them, as IS gives them somewhat of a more legal/recognized status. Dunno how true that is.)

I was in France and still am. Not anywhere near Nice since that's in the south.

I'm in the east right now. The terrorist was apparently Muslim and carefully planned the attack. He picked the one day everybody is outside celebrating on the French Independence Day.

80 people in total were killed with a lot being women and children.

The American government acknowledged that 2 of the dead were American citizens and as such they aren't too happy (as in quite pissed).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, NavyCuda said:

Western Civilization needs to reassert itself as the dominate culture, by whatever means necessary.  Personally I think we should put boots on the ground, isolate the threatening nations, prevent any further migration from the hot zones and start relentlessly carpet bombing their towns and cities until the good muslims get rid of the bad muslims all by themselves or none of them are left.

There is only one way to win a war, by doing whatever it takes to win.  Until we grow a set and remember that war is messy and takes morally questionable choices to win, we will not win against the terrorists.

This is the most redundant bullshit available to the clueless mind.

How many tens of thousands of bombs has the western front dropped on muslim countries in the past 15 years?  If it has not worked, why the fuck would you think more of a failed policy will somehow magically start working? 

Some serious brainwashing here.

@Misanthrope  It's hard for me to agree with the sentiment you put forth.  All I see is what half the western world would see as they read what you wrote... exactly what I quoted above.

You are only presenting short term solutions that won't scale into the future.  If we are talking numbers, those 80+ people that lost their lives in this "war" are a tiny number of the grand total.  I know it sounds cold.

Education and a higher standard of living.  This has to be the method to win in the middle east.  Children are growing up in war zones.  Sleeping at night hearing bombs go off.  The ones that make it to adulthood will undoubtedly see a whole lot of loved ones killed by western forces.  I would be sorely pissed off at the west if it were me.

I'll stop here.

...and yes, religions of all denominations are useless.  Thousands of years and the little man in the sky has not saved a single soul.

8 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

You are my favorite.  I have a solution to the problems, though it's very.. 'insensitive'.

14106.jpg