rx480 gains big in Dx12 benchmark over gtx970

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Then I'm going to assume you were mad as fuck at Nvidia for cockblocking AMD cards from using dx 10.1 in Assassin's Creed 1?

I was working on the console side at the time, took a hiatus from PC gaming for let's say economic reasons. 

And is your argument that two wrongs make a right? I thought AMD was the good guy? So your idea of how to best grow our hobby is make sure we have a cycle of revenge?

Clearify 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

I was working on the console side at the time, took a hiatus from PC gaming for let's say economic reasons. 

And is your argument that two wrongs make a right? I thought AMD was the good guy? So your idea of how to best grow our hobby is make sure we have a cycle of revenge?

Clearify 

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what the wrong AMD is doing with dx12 and Vulkan

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what the wrong AMD is doing with dx12 and Vulkan

I posted the link to Nvidia card having features locked. 

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

I posted the link to Nvidia card having features locked. 

Lol, are you saying AMD locked them?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

Lol, are you saying AMD locked them?

Does it matter? The feature is locked. Benchmarks are run comparing cards and one side has the ability to use a feature that is locked to it but not the other card. If Nvidia is behind it I will catch a ride and personally pee on their building. But Why they would lock a feature their new cards can use to be competitive would be beyond me. So probability says id is behind it, and the only reason they would do it is AMDs involvement in the project.

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

Does it matter? The feature is locked. Benchmarks are run comparing cards and one side has the ability to use a feature that is locked to it but not the other card. If Nvidia is behind it I will catch a ride and personally pee on their building. But Why they would lock a feature their new cards can use to be competitive would be beyond me. So probability says id is behind it, and the only reason they would do it is AMDs involvement in the project.

xDxDxDxD

5 minutes ago, Quibiss said:

From Tech Talk to Tech Crusade in 3 seconds.

Welcome to Linus Tech Tips. Where the only graphics card allowed is Radeon and the benchmarks that contradict your position don't matter.

9 minutes ago, App4that said:

Welcome to Linus Tech Tips. Where the only graphics card allowed is Radeon and the benchmarks that contradict your position don't matter.

True for both sides pretty consistently. 

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

True for both sides pretty consistently. 

Which is sad because both sides have exciting hardware. 

2 hours ago, App4that said:

Where is there a Nvidia fan left here xD I think I saw one a few days ago but Godlygamer got him. This forum is a AMD circle jerk and you know it. 

I get spun up because I actually use my PC to play video games with people. People with lives and families, jobs and bills. Just about all of them use 970s. Because it was a popular card. A lot of them don't care about the political BS you and I get mixed up in, no time for that. So how exactly is it worth celebrating that their card is being phased out premiturely? A lot of them don't know that, hell one was still using his at stock clocks so he thinks he bought a Bugati because he final applied a overclock xD Is he someone people should be throwing poop at because of his graphics card? When a graphics card has issues it effects people, not the company that sold it. Why I advise so many AMD products yet most would think I'm a Nvidia fan. Couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm defending friends. 

The 970 may have been weak. But that doesn't render the 970 useless. Another "this is amd forum" attempt. Com'on. You've seen the events that unfold the last few months. And you damn well know that this isn't only "amd". 

All my poor friends have 970s sobs sobs. Yea... Pretty pointless to be crying about that now. In fact most of the builts I planned for my friends have a 970 inside. 

Who is throwing poop at your friend who doesn't even care? You know they say ignorance is a bliss right? 

Why do you care what people think of you? You're in the nvidia fan club but does that even matter?

Speaking of issues, you know what happened to those people thinking or rma their 3.5gb 970? Burnt alive. That was when the nvidia fanclub was at its prime here. But a good amount of star players left/banned. Same went for amd. The prominent players left.

Though, you should have warned your friends that nvidia does not focus on their older architectures once the new ones come out.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

On the note of both having exciting hardware, we should all be happy to see both competitors fighting hard for the sweetspot of affordable 200-250usd range cards. Surely one carries out more propriatary bs than the other, although both will have to start on a more or less balanced field with vulkan/dx12 games.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

2 minutes ago, FatalityDiablo said:

On the note of both sides having exciting hardware, we should all be happy to see both competitors fighting hard for the sweetspot of affordable 200-250usd range cards. Surely one side carries out more propriatary bs than the other, although both will have to start on a more or less balanced field with vulkan/dx12 games.

The problem is the thing called "sides". Take that away and boom. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

2 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

The 970 may have been weak. But that doesn't render the 970 useless. Another "this is amd forum" attempt. Com'on. You've seen the events that unfold the last few months. And you damn well know that this isn't only "amd". 

All my poor friends have 970s sobs sobs. Yea... Pretty pointless to be crying about that now. In fact most of the builts I planned for my friends have a 970 inside. 

Who is throwing poop at your friend who doesn't even care? You know they say ignorance is a bliss right? 

Why do you care what people think of you? You're in the nvidia fan club but does that even matter?

Speaking of issues, you know what happened to those people thinking or rma their 3.5gb 970? Burnt alive. That was when the nvidia fanclub was at its prime here. But a good amount of star players left/banned. Same went for amd. The prominent players left.

Though, you should have warned your friends that nvidia does not focus on their older architectures once the new ones come out.

I'm anything but a Nvidia fan, if you think that of me you know little of me. All I care about is performance, why Pascal has me meh.

It's not an attempt, it's the reality of this forum and most of the industry. AMD has centered their marketing on playing the victim and rallying people to attack Nvidia. Now I'm no friend to Nvidia, fun fact actually got kicked off their Facebook page for calling them out on their BS xD But we don't need PC gaming to go the way of Fox News.

9 hours ago, App4that said:

I'm anything but a Nvidia fan, if you think that of me you know little of me. All I care about is performance, why Pascal has me meh.

It's not an attempt, it's the reality of this forum and most of the industry. AMD has centered their marketing on playing the victim and rallying people to attack Nvidia. Now I'm no friend to Nvidia, fun fact actually got kicked off their Facebook page for calling them out on their BS xD But we don't need PC gaming to go the way of Fox News.

You can say what you want. Doesn't really matter what you want to call yourself. And yes, I only know this much about you. You are just someone else on the internet. 

^This is the reality that you're not seeing unfortunately. 

oh! I like this game! This is the one where you bring up topic titles and I tell you to check out the topic made today telling people not to buy the 1060 that they know nothing about because Nvidia is the bad guy. Bet that gets locked soon. Right? 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

oh! I like this game! This is the one where you bring up topic titles and I tell you to check out the topic made today telling people not to buy the 1060 that they know nothing about because Nvidia is the bad guy. Bet that gets locked soon. Right? 

If things get chaotic yea. The mods will definitely lock it. 

But before that, you can clearly see the difference between the two.

Should of purchased the gtx 980 ti when I saw the price drop to $280 on newegg. This card really has no use, it's just another 1080p gaming card that is highly overpriced by nVidia. If you really want a cheap and affordable and does the job quite well 1080p card, then just stick with the rx 480, or just buy the r9 380, r9 390 for that exact same price point. This card for nVidia, 1060, really serves no purpose. We already have cards that are cheaper and does gaming at 1080p, so what exactly is this card suppose to fulfill with the price point being at $250? (which it won't be at $250, it'll be roughly $330 - $350.) If that's the case, then you might as well get yourself a R9 Fury, or just save up for a gtx 1070. Even waiting for what AMD Vega has in store is the way more better option. Vega will definitely be in the same area of price point of $400, and it will probably smoke the gtx 1060.

Everyone needs to stop feeding into nVidia overpriced marketing tactics. There's literally no reason why graphics card should even go as high as they're listing it, only the purpose of just overpricing and sucking your money.

PS: I forgot to mention nVidia does not allow SLI support for the gtx 1060, which is a big joke. They know exactly what they're trying to pull here, and it's really to force you to buy their high budget gaming cards instead of stacking two 1060 and beating the 1070 or a single 1080 for half the price.

So why do the red fan boys always overhype the red card?

many sources have pointed out the rx480 is a weak card for cheap in the new generation, yet people still in denial its a drive problem.

so please elaborate so we on the green side can understand

So i know the RX 480 performs slightly better but i wanna know from u guys which is better cause all amd makes are heaters that explode so i want u guys opinion. 

@Pohernori One talks about heaters exploploding, I can only assume it's an oil burner. The other lies about features. 

Both are working against what's best for the hobby.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

@Pohernori One talks about heaters exploploding, I can only assume it's an oil burner. The other lies about features. 

Both are working against what's best for the hobby.

One has reasoning( I don't agree with btw) 

And the other is just gibberish. So you see all sides are still actively throwing shit. Crying foul is just a low move. 

1 hour ago, Pohernori said:

One has reasoning( I don't agree with btw) 

And the other is just gibberish. So you see all sides are still actively throwing shit. Crying foul is just a low move. 

What reasoning? And why does there have to be sides? You do realize I get called a AMD fan? Not by you because I don't agree with you all the time, and all the time is what it takes. I get the same treatment from Nvidia fans and AMD fans. 

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

What reasoning? And why does there have to be sides? You do realize I get called a AMD fan? Not by you because I don't agree with you all the time, and all the time is what it takes. I get the same treatment from Nvidia fans and AMD fans. 

No. I don't notice your movements enough to see that you get called an AMD fan. 

You'd be blind if you can't see the reasoning. The length of the post already shows it very obviously. Pity you get treated the same by both sides. You'd think that atleast the nvidia fan club would at least thank you. But the real work doesn't work like that now does it?