rx480 gains big in Dx12 benchmark over gtx970

I quite enjoy to see the performance gains on the AMD side, can't wait for first real games running on dx12/vulkan. Check out DOOM with Vulkan enabled, too.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Improvements that only help one company  don't help the industry. Nice to see but not that exciting.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

37 minutes ago, App4that said:

Improvements that only help one company  don't help the industry. Nice to see but not that exciting.

A company holding back progress doesn't help the industry

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Same has been said about AMD, and I agree. The direction of movement is subjective. Both side completely convinced they're right and the other side is holding us back. Meanwhile those of us that just want to play games get fucked. Raw.

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

Same has been said about AMD, and I agree. The direction of movement is subjective. Both side completely convinced they're right and the other side is holding us back. Meanwhile those of us that just want to play games get fucked. Raw.

Nope. Just Nvidia. It's not the 1st time either.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

43 minutes ago, App4that said:

improvements for this particular company is good for us though and that is what I, as a customer, am all about. Also if the competition would be focus on what really matters and not so much on proprietary features, nobody would be at an disadvantage right now... god bless karma 

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

Nope. Just Nvidia. It's not the 1st time either.

Right... Because you are a AMD/Radeon fan. It's your lack of vision on the issue that paints you as such. And what does that do for the industry? Would having AMD our only choice for graphics cards really make you happy? Death to Nvidia? Right. Because that's totally not just a reflection of what Nvidia fans spout...

8 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

A swift kick in the butt to never hurt anyone. Hopefully, this will put some RED fire underneath NVIDIA's butt.

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

Right... Because you are a AMD/Radeon fan. It's your lack of vision on the issue that paints you as such. And what does that do for the industry? Would having AMD our only choice for graphics cards really make you happy? Death to Nvidia? Right. Because that's totally not just a reflection of what Nvidia fans spout...

Nvidia's lack of vision is why they're lacking in async compute. ehehehehehe. Yes, death to Nvidia. They're a scumbag company. If AMD was doing the same shit they were, I would give AMD shit too. I still love being the biggest AMD fanboy who hasn't bought an AMD product (at least not yet :D)

note:fanboism is not helping in this discussion :) 

2 minutes ago, FatalityDiablo said:

improvements for this particular company is good for us though and that is what I, as a customer, am all about. Also if the competition would be focus on what really matters and not so much on proprietary features, nobody would be at an disadvantage right now... god bless karma 

Great use of AMD propaganda. AMD has proprietary features too, you should google it. There are games they have a hand in that they place proprietary feature in. But we don't look at things that way? Do we? We only look at the evidence that supports our feelings...

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

Keep in mind that AMD's stuff is open source while nvidia's stuff is in lockdown

Let's agree to disagree

Nvidia's lack of vision is why they're lacking in async compute. ehehehehehe. Yes, death to Nvidia. They're a scumbag company. If AMD was doing the same they were, I would give AMD shit too. I still love being the biggest AMD fanboy who hasn't bought an AMD product (at least not yet :D)

Bull Fucking Shit you would. Because they do.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Bull Fucking Shit you would. Because they do.

Do tell

1 minute ago, MrTiC said:

Keep in mind that AMD's stuff is open source while nvidia's stuff is in lockdown

You mean the unfinished software they share? Please list a finished piece of software AMD has released to open source.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Great use of AMD propaganda. AMD has proprietary features too, you should google it. There are games they have a hand in that they place proprietary feature in. But we don't look at things that way? Do we? We only look at the evidence that supports our feelings...

Sorry, but there comes nothing in my mind right now, maybe eyefinity? Can't think of anything that puts the competition in direct disadvantage. Again, no fanboism, just what I know

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Do tell

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/05/21/amd-is-wrong-about-the-witcher-3-and-nvidias-hairworks/#d391c456660d

1 minute ago, FatalityDiablo said:

Sorry, but there comes nothing in my mind right now, maybe eyefinity? Can't think of anything that puts the competition in direct disadvantage. Again, no fanboism, just what I know

So you haven't looked into the latest Hitman title. You should.

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

I'm confused.

I'm confused.

No, you're a fan.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

No, you're a fan.

Uhh okay

9 minutes ago, App4that said:

I don't know what you are trying to point out, but it's just a poorly coded dx12 game, which again is a lesser burden for amd because of what has been mentioned before. I am just happy to see what ~250€ gets you in terms of graphics performance, lets hope the gp106 will be an even better bang for buck.

1 hour ago, FatalityDiablo said:

I don't know what you are trying to point out, but it's just a poorly coded dx12 game, which again is a lesser burden for amd because of what has been mentioned before. I am just happy to see what ~250€ gets you in terms of graphics performance, lets hope the gp106 will be an even better bang for buck.

Ran the test using my daily driver settings, no barely stable cheating. That's with Async enabled as I only have the demo. Would be interesting to see what disabling it does, but I don't know if it's 5 bucks interesting.

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/12085

10 hours ago, App4that said:

nobody at nvidia would argue against vulkan and dx12. It gives more flexibility to game devs, they know it's the future. Remember on the Longterm the relative merits of maxwell / pascal vs GCN 3/4 are not important. New GPU architectures will continue to come out and competitive positions will fluctuate. Today we talk about stuff like async compute as an AMD advantage but in future it will be a universal thing.

2 minutes ago, Humbug said:

nobody at nvidia would argue against vulkan and dx12. It gives more flexibility to game devs, they know it's the future. Remember on the Longterm the relative merits of maxwell / pascal vs GCN 3/4 are not important. New GPU architectures will continue to come out and competitive positions will fluctuate. Today we talk about stuff like async compute as an AMD advantage but in future it will be a universal thing.

First asynchronous compute has to be easier to code, which with the rollouts happening for DX12 shouldn't be much longer. Then of course you need adoption of the API. Which Microsoft is really pushing DX12 since it requires their baby Windows 10. What we don't need is the same people who cry "gimping" celebrating other cards being held back. Everyone has to pick one, and you only get one. You want competition between the two manufactures that includes tactics like holding the competitors card back by the heavy use of features that limit performance. Or, you want fair implementation of features so that both manufacturers cards have a chance to perform at their best.

Ether or, not this hypocritical blank check for behavior being written to the company you like.

11 hours ago, App4that said:

Neh... The 970 is just weak.

Pascal has performance improvements when async was enabled. No?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case