LTT fks over Vessel-subs

2 minutes ago, MobiFix said:

Here.. Linus even says it's a problem himself .. so they understand the problem seeing as the initial promise they did with Vessel was "embargo'd and major product launches as well as WAN show wont be exclusive for 7 days"and that was one of the main selling points when they gave away vessel memberships.

That's what they're doing... Except for a few videos (which I didn't even watch) and the most important thing, since you really want YT user to be "below" vessel users, if they do a Simultaneous release, then the next week, YT users will have no video because they already watched the Simul. release.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

5 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Lol you're kinda delusional.

You're not paying them, your paying Vessel. Because of some contract they have with Vessel they get a little bit of a kickback. Vessel also contracted LMG to make Nerd Sports on CSF which probably Vessel is paying them a little more handsomely for. Contributing to the Forum or using their Amazon Affiliate link helps them out far more than you subscribing to vessel. I mean even Youtube Ad revenue helps them. So don't think for a minute that the YT peoples don't deserve some equality here. 

Ahhh... Then they shouldn't have signed on with vessel in the first place. all I ever did was ask them to keep their promise still .. That's not a delusional thing to do, is it?
Also i dont shop on amazon .. I'm not in a country they deliver to at a rate where i can't just get it quicker from another local place at the rough same price, in fact through amazon i'd be paying way more and as i previously mentioned .. I don't do charity to people who wont ever suffer a bad economy no matter what .. so.

Vessel DOES cut them a share, is it my problem as to how big it is? No, but if it's so minor as you seem to think  then i don't think LMG ever would of signed on with vessel, because they have mouths to feed over there, they dont produce 7 day exclusives for a pittance.. There's far more money involved than you think in all of this, and I do actively contribute to their paychecks .. and whether it's more or less than the average affiliate-referral on amazon, or though the amount of ads someone clicks on youtube via their videos I see no reason to be ashamed of saying what I did when i made it clear that I don't put pity-money in a jar to 12 people who will manage even IF LMG will keel over.

With that said, my opinion's my own .. yours is yours, and we value them differently clearly, who's in the wrong, and who's in the right? It's in the eyes of the beholder, but I've done nothing wrong.

2 minutes ago, arvark said:

That's what they're doing... Except for a few videos (which I didn't even watch) and the most important thing, since you really want YT user to be "below" vessel users, if they do a Simultaneous release, then the next week, YT users will have no video because they already watched the Simul. release.

I kinda thought how they did things was good enough. The hot stuff like GPUs and CPUs which might be under NDA. Have that go up on Youtube the same time so that they're with the other videos being posted on YT about that GPU or CPU. If there's no real hype or whatever around it, then it's on vessel for a week. Like when the RX 480 NDA lifted, those of us on YT got to see LTT's video on the RX 480 with the other RX 480 videos not a week later due to Vessel. Still I think OP is coming off as feeling entitled to something that they're not really entitled to. YT subs should be equal to Vessel subs, just because Vessel makes LTT some money doesn't mean that the YT subs aren't less important. I think their current schedule is just fine. No need to play favoritism here. And sure LMG did make a promise to have most of their stuff 7 day exclusives to vessel which is fine but not all their damn videos are suppose to be 7 day exclusives. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Still I think OP is coming off as feeling entitled to something that they're not really entitled to.

If you go and order a pair of flash red NIKE's on amazon for $150, and get delivered a used condom .. Don't you think you might take issue as well?

If LMG had no intention on keeping to their promise, then they shouldn't of made a promise to begin with especially one that COSTED US MONEY, that's my whole point here .. Hate on Me all you like, but I'm not wrong.

Not a great analogy... If you ordered 150€ Nike and the others have to pay 180 €, then they lower the price from 180€ to 160€, I don't think it's your problem.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

13 hours ago, arvark said:

It means that next week, YT users will get no new video.

Nope

They will post a video next week on YouTube too. At least they do with other simulcast stuff like new hardware launches.

13 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

And don't even get me started on the Pokemon kids that have came out of the woodwork everywhere... so lame.

That's funny, because it seems like it's mostly adults that are interested in Pókemon Go. Primarily those those grew up with Pókemon, which are now in their 20's.

8 minutes ago, MobiFix said:

You're still delusional.

4 minutes ago, MobiFix said:

If you go and order a pair of flash red NIKE's on amazon for $150, and get delivered a used condom .. Don't you think you might take issue as well?

If LMG had no intention on keeping to their promise, then they shouldn't of made a promise to begin with especially one that COSTED US MONEY, that's my whole point here .. Hate on Me all you like, but I'm not wrong.

My fucking god, that analogy make no sense. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

3 minutes ago, arvark said:

Not a great analogy...

That was actually the point .. I read what he replied to you with and it was contrary to all the things he's been saying in order to make Me look bad .. so my analogy was in-line with that.

(Not ALL videos are supposed to be exclusives, which I've repeatedly agree'd with .. if you were wondering what i was referring to, but LMG already established what kind of videos should be on vessel first and which shouldn't. which .. again .. Linus did acknowledge earlier)

4 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Nope

They will post a video next week on YouTube too. At least they do with other simulcast stuff like new hardware launches.

That's funny, because it seems like it's mostly adults that are interested in Pókemon Go. Primarily those those grew up with Pókemon, which are now in their 20's.

Usually they don't. Since they've already published a simul. video (and not any exclusive) that day, the next week there won't be any exclusive for YT  users to be seen.

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, arvark said:

Usually they don't. Since they've already published a simul. video (and not any exclusive) that day, the next week there won't be any exclusive for YT  users to be seen.

Oh now I get what you were saying. I thought you said that there would be one day where there was no video uploaded to YouTube. You just meant that there would be no simulcast next week, right? Well the GTX 1060 is coming out next week and I doubt they will keep that video behind the Vessel paywall for an entire week.

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Well the GTX 1060 is coming out next week and I doubt they will keep that video behind the Vessel paywall for an entire week.

Nope .. it'll be published on all media all at once undoubtedly, and that's fine, this is exactly the kind of content that should be.

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Oh now I get what you were saying. I thought you said that there would be one day where there was no video uploaded to YouTube. You just meant that there would be no simulcast next week, right? Well the GTX 1060 is coming out next week and I doubt they will keep that video behind the Vessel paywall for an entire week.

I don't think you understood. I meant that if there's a simul cast for example June 1st, then June 8th on YT there won't be any video because it has already been released on june 1st.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, arvark said:

I don't think you understood. I meant that if there's a simul cast for example June 1st, then June 8th on YT there won't be any video because it has already been released on june 1st.

That's not how it works.

YouTube always gets one video a day, even if they simulcasted a video the previous week.

For example their Dark Base 900 Pro video has been on Vessel for more than 7 days and it is still not on YouTube. That will probably get published next week to fill the gap on YouTube. The FLIR One camera and "Next Gen Display experiences" videos are not on YouTube either, and they are over 7 days old. They might be used to fill the gap next week too.

The Lapdog vs Turret video was uploaded to Vessel 22 days ago, but was uploaded to YouTube 7 days ago, probably to fill a video created by a simulcast somewhere (The RX 480 video probably).

By the way, if you want to contribute to LinusTechTips then you should just donate though the forum. It will give them way more money than subscribing to Vessel, which just gives them a slightly higher cut than YouTube for ad views.

Actually if you go on vessel, most of the videos you mentioned are already released to non Vessel Users (after 7 days you can watch them without any account) https://www.vessel.com/channels/linustech?tab=videos

Spoiler

There's more to life than Vessel videos you know... @MobiFix

To be honest, if you don't like the way it is, stop paying. Quite simple really.

You say you paid for a year. My response is that you didn't properly read the terms of the Vessel subscription (which is not to get all videos 7 days early, therefore that's your problem unfortunately). Yes they did said that most content would be released to you early, but they never said 'all'. 

I mean the Pokemon Go example is just basic common sense, nobody had heard of it a week ago.

Watch other stuff on vessel and feel slightly less bad 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

On 7/13/2016 at 3:16 PM, LinusTech said:

As a couple people have already speculated,  the Pokemon Go video was not one we wanted to do simultaneously but we felt like if we didn't,  it could be completely irrelevant by the time it went up.. 

We've had a discussion internally and will be scaling back the number of simulataneous releases going forward (though there is at least one embargo product launch we can't do anything about)

Linus 

imo big product releases are not much of a problem (say when the first refference card is launched for a new generation of gpus ).  That's understandable. 

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

2 hours ago, givingtnt said:

imo big product releases are not much of a problem (say when the first refference card is launched for a new generation of gpus ).  That's understandable. 

Frankly, any product coverage is time sensitive, and needs to be launched simultaneously via YT and Vessel - that includes non-reference cards too.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 7/13/2016 at 4:59 AM, MobiFix said:

I do pay for my Vessel subscription, as I assume the majority of the current viewers there do, and i do so because it allowed Me to access content 7 days early on LTT and CSF

I do not pay for Vessel as I find it pointless and don't mind waiting a little longer for content to appear on YouTube. I've also noticed that you've capitalized "me" a few times in your post. Any particular reason why? I've seen people capitalize every word in a post, but not capitalizing that particular word. Are you capitalizing as if it's a proper noun?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Wait, i misunderstood Linus this whole time for being too selfish? :( i feel bad now..

Details separate people.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Frankly, any product coverage is time sensitive, and needs to be launched simultaneously via YT and Vessel - that includes non-reference cards too.

imo if @linustech REALLY needed the extra views at launch, and if it would overcome vessel's extra revenue, we woudn't have this conversation :)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

More scheduling issues, why am I not surprised. Can vessel just stop being a thing please?

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

On 2016-07-16 at 11:29 PM, Godlygamer23 said:

I do not pay for Vessel as I find it pointless and don't mind waiting a little longer for content to appear on YouTube.

Congratulations on being patient, I*m a little bit too busy to be patient, run too many businesses to be able to watch a video that's even an hour late, in large parts Me even watching LTT these days is dependent upon the videos being timely, and as promised.

On 2016-07-16 at 11:29 PM, Godlygamer23 said:

I've also noticed that you've capitalized "me" a few times in your post. Any particular reason why? I've seen people capitalize every word in a post, but not capitalizing that particular word. Are you capitalizing as if it's a proper noun?

This thread was at no point about grammar, would you mind awfully not shitting it up with your pointless observations that just isn't relevant to the topic at hand? Thank you.

On 2016-07-16 at 6:21 PM, Pearsonia said:

You say you paid for a year. My response is that you didn't properly read the terms of the Vessel subscription (which is not to get all videos 7 days early, therefore that's your problem unfortunately). Yes they did said that most content would be released to you early, but they never said 'all'. 

I've never said *ALL* I only ever said, which Linus even confirmed in THIS very thread is that any and all content not dependent upon simultaneous releases really should be on Vessel first, that is the promise LMG made to us when we signed up, @Linustech even re-affirmed this in this very thread.. You really should read back man, perhaps you'll be able to see this on your own without me constantly having to re-iterate the facts.

On 2016-07-18 at 2:52 AM, MobiFix said:

Congratulations on being patient, I*m a little bit too busy to be patient, run too many businesses to be able to watch a video that's even an hour late, in large parts Me even watching LTT these days is dependent upon the videos being timely, and as promised.

This thread was at no point about grammar, would you mind awfully not shitting it up with your pointless observations that just isn't relevant to the topic at hand? Thank you.

I've never said *ALL* I only ever said, which Linus even confirmed in THIS very thread is that any and all content not dependent upon simultaneous releases really should be on Vessel first, that is the promise LMG made to us when we signed up, @Linustech even re-affirmed this in this very thread.. You really should read back man, perhaps you'll be able to see this on your own without me constantly having to re-iterate the facts.

Can you elaborate on the highlighted point?

How is Vessel having a video a week early having any impact on your ability to watch LMG videos? The videos on YT come out (mostly) on a schedule, every day, and there's always a video. I just simply don't understand. You're not getting less videos per week. Instead of the new Vessel Video, you're getting the old Vessel Video on YT in it's place. So you're still getting a new (to you) video on YT every day.

For time sensitive stuff, LMG pushes out the video to both Vessel and YT at the same time (Eg: Video card reviews). So a regular video (Let's say, for example, a "Office VLOG" video) comes out on Vessel a week early... that should have no impact on your life, if it takes a week later to reach YT?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding why it's such a big deal if videos are "even an hour late".

Also, please don't shit all over @Godlygamer23 for asking a simple question. Capitalizing the "m" in "me" is quite unusual, so I'm sure he simply asked via curiosity, not to try and burn you at the stake for being shit at grammar.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It's not LTT that's fucking me over on vessel. 

It's vessel.

Using the website is like shoving a cactus up your ass. 

1080p works for a few seconds then lags like hell. No idea why, I have to watch 720p on all of my devices. On long stuff like scrapyard wars, even 720p does that. Gotta restart broswer (clear cache, I use private browsing by default) midway through to prevent it. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch