Corsair release their new ML series fans

4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Then why do the fans spin without issues without power? You should know that magnets don't require power....

Natural magnets don't. These bearings have none. The magnets are purely electrical, fields induced by fluctuating current turned around many coils. It has a secondary bearing surface that takes the brunt of the friction during pinup and spin down.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Nice but i'm not buying these for the sake of buying them. If i have to build a new rig then i'll buy these but otherwise i won't.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 7/11/2016 at 0:22 PM, Kierax said:

£21... I could buy 3 10 packs of Beer for the price of a fucking 140mm FAN? 

Considering I don't drink I'd take the fan, but I get what you're going for here.

I wouldn't use the LEDs because idk fans with LEDs seems weird.

On 7/11/2016 at 8:57 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

Not interested until they make a purple LED one.

Eh the white LED looks good. But like I said, LEDs on fans seems weird.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Totally would've bought these if they were out when I built my PC.

Spoiler

Wow, surprised at the performance.

Might grab 1x white led for my next build with a H75 but price seems steep

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2016 at 2:23 PM, JoshB2084 said:

I know, right? I bought 30-pack of Budweiser for 18 bucks... 

Go home Corsair,  you're drunk!!

After all that budweiser, are you sure it's corsair that's drunk? :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

On 7/12/2016 at 1:30 PM, bcredeur97 said:

but im satisfied with my fractal fans in terms of quietness. Just have all 140mm fans and run them at a low rpm. (more fans and lower rpm seems to work well)

I have 6 SP120s in my 780T case.

All of them hooked up to noise cancelling adapter. 

They are super silent , it is just that sp120 fans are sooooo hard to mount due to the rubber thingy at the corners.

Will not buy corsairs fan again...

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I found them super hard to mount .... 

On 7/12/2016 at 10:25 PM, Pesmerga said:

I have a pair of corsair sp 120 and the amount of air the push is quite surprising, they are a bit noisy though, if those are cheap here as well (plain base model looks great) I might buy 2

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

On 12.7.2016 at 5:21 AM, patrickjp93 said:

Why? BeQuiet can't even remotely compete with the Gentle Typhoon yet.

They are not meant to compete with each other. One is a radiator fan, the other one a allrounder that is as quiet as possible. 

6 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

They are not meant to compete with each other. One is a radiator fan, the other one a allrounder that is as quiet as possible. 

GTs are all-rounders, just like the NF-F12.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

3 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

GTs are all-rounders, just like the NF-F12.

Scythe was literally bragging about its static pressure and how great it is for radiators back when it was still in production.

But at the end it doesn't really matter what the company is trying to achieve as long as it gets the customer's job done. Something that Typhoons are not capeable of in my case.

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

Scythe was literally bragging about its static pressure and how great it is for radiators back when it was still in production.

But at the end it doesn't really matter what the company is trying to achieve as long as it gets the customer's job done. Something that Typhoons are not capeable of in my case.

It is still in production. Scythe was just a reseller. Nidec Servo is the OEM. And GTs excel at radiator cooling/db, but they also move a lot of air.

BS Typhoons aren't capable.

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

It is still in production. Scythe was just a reseller. Nidec Servo is the OEM.

BS Typhoons aren't capable.

I know that Nidec is the OEM. But you were specifically talking about Gentle Typhoons.
And who are you to tell me which fans I should pick for my case? Like I said, Typhoons are not good enough for me.

What about those special edition platinum sticks? If they only costed like 120€ (16GB) per each 8GB module, i think id still buy it (sell these 32gigs -.-).

Groomlake Authority

4 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I know that Nidec is the OEM. But you were specifically talking about Gentle Typhoons.
And who are you to tell me which fans I should pick for my case? Like I said, Typhoons are not good enough for me.

GTs have too many options between high airflow rate and silence, and no one matches GTs in scaling. Heck, there are even high speed variants that go up to (iirc) 10,000 RPM if you really want them. There's nothing GTs do worse than their counterparts at the same noise level, period. If you don't believe me, there are plenty of tests online showing this. If money is the issue, you'll make it back purely because these fans never die (unlike Corsair's garbage).

14 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Scythe has too many options between high airflow rate and silence, and no one matches GTs in scaling. Heck, there are even high speed variants that go up to (iirc) 10,000 RPM if you really want them. There's nothing GTs do worse than their counterparts at the same noise level, period. If you don't believe me, there are plenty of tests online showing this. If money is the issue, you'll make it back purely because these fans never die (unlike Corsair's garbage).

At 1500 RPM the Silent Wings 2 120mm and Gentle Typhoon 120mm push roughly the same amount of air. We're talking about roughly 85 m³/h according to manufacturer's specs.
Now guess which fan is quieter...

In less than 10 days the Silent Wings 3 will be released.
Its new motor will use three phases and six slots. The only other fan I know off that uses such a motor is mounted on the EVGA ACX 2.0/3.0 cooler.

And even if the Silent Wings 3 would be a terrible fan, then I would still buy one, because it's at least not grey.

(Btw.: Yes, Corsair fans have never been that great. They got a very sturdy frame tho...)

24 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

GTs have too many options between high airflow rate and silence, and no one matches GTs in scaling. Heck, there are even high speed variants that go up to (iirc) 10,000 RPM if you really want them. There's nothing GTs do worse than their counterparts at the same noise level, period. If you don't believe me, there are plenty of tests online showing this. If money is the issue, you'll make it back purely because these fans never die (unlike Corsair's garbage).

I can second this . I have a GT AP-30 which i modded with a 4th pin (PWM) , the thing is inaudible in the case below 1800RPM ( at least when the case is closed ) , and if i ever need it , it can go up to 4250RPM . Got it off Ebay aswell for 20$ . 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

24 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

At 1500 RPM the Silent Wings 2 120mm and Gentle Typhoon 120mm push roughly the same amount of air. We're talking about roughly 85 m³/h according to manufacturer's specs.
Now guess which fan is quieter...

In less than 10 days the Silent Wings 3 will be released.
Its new motor will use three phases and six slots. The only other fan I know off that uses such a motor is mounted on the EVGA ACX 2.0/3.0 cooler.

And even if the Silent Wings 3 would be a terrible fan, then I would still buy one, because it's at least not grey.

(Btw.: Yes, Corsair fans have never been that great. They got a very sturdy frame tho...)

The GT is quieter at 1500 RPM and moves more air, especially if you're dealing with a filter. Seriously, what sources are you using?

You can get GTs in all-black thanks to Dazmode.

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

The GT is quieter at 1500 RPM.

I would like to see an actual benchmark that shows that the GT is quieter at that speed.

I highly doubt that it is even possible for a GTs to be quieter, since they use a simple ball bearing compared to the SW2's FDB.

Has anyone bought or tried these Corsair ML's out in person, yet? On Paper they look very appealing.  I am thinking they are going to be in the top 5 of peoples "top" fans to get out of all brands.  Plus improvements with the LED, and changing color rubber ends have me excited over them.  I was actually thinking about doing silent wings till I saw these. 

2 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I would like to see an actual benchmark that shows that the GT is quieter at that speed.

I highly doubt that it is even possible for a GTs to be quieter, since they use a simple ball bearing compared to the SW2's FDB.

It uses a Double Ball Bearing, and a FDB is nothing more than a tweaked Rifle Bearing.

Also, do your research in the future. The GT gives far higher airflow at the same decibel rating and RPM or can use much lower RPM to reach the same airflow.

http://thermalbench.com/2015/11/12/darkside-gentle-typhoon-1850-pwm-120mm-fan/3/

http://thermalbench.com/2015/01/31/be-quiet-silent-wings-2-120mm-fan/3/

You could have also consulted SilentPCReview and CoolingTechnique.

12 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

It uses a Double Ball Bearing, and an FDB is nothing more than a tweaked Rifle Bearing.

Also, do your research in the future. The GT gives far higher airflow at the same decibel rating and RPM or can use much lower RPM to reach the same airflow.

http://thermalbench.com/2015/11/12/darkside-gentle-typhoon-1850-pwm-120mm-fan/3/

http://thermalbench.com/2015/01/31/be-quiet-silent-wings-2-120mm-fan/3/

You could have also consulted SilentPCReview and CoolingTechnique.

"linear airflow through rad".
This is what I am saying the whole time. The Typhoons have better static pressure, therefor better airflow through a rad.
This only shows, that the SilentWings2 performs worse in a scenario it was never meant for and does still have the better bearing, motor and is therefor quieter. So I'll just wait for the SW3....

Btw. I was literally asking for information and you are telling me to do my research. Genius...